L'Appartement Cour, pretty, airy and very central
from £44 / night help
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 3
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 3
"L'Appartement Cour" is light, airy and attractive. This spacious, 60 sq m apartment has all modern facilities yet retains many of the original features of the beautiful 17th century townhouse.
The apartment overlooks Rue des Augustins which has shops and boulangeries and the main square can be seen by leaning out of the window! Limoux is a lively town but modern double glazing ensures that street sounds are kept to a minimum and, for those who like to have fresh air circulating, the double doors at the back of the apartment (which open onto the secure, inner courtyard) provide the perfect solution of allowing the coolest air in during the summer with minimal accompanying noise.
There is one bedroom with a double bed, a large living/dining room area, modern walk in shower, toilet and a separate kitchen leading to the apartment's pretty inner cour (courtyard) with BBQ, table with chairs. A perfect haven after a hard days sight seeing, wine tasting or just relaxing by the river
L'Appartement Cour is on the 1st floor and is comfortable for both summer & winter use.
Being in the heart of Limoux it is only a few metres away from small individual shops and only 80 metres from the main square where you will find plenty of restaurants and cafe culture. There is also a convenient local express supermarket which opens until 8pm most days.
The apartment offers the following facilities:
* Free WIFI broadband for use with your own laptop or devices
* Double bed with 100% cotton sheets and feather duvet (other bedding options are available) plus an additional folding camp bed for a child or small adult (available on request)
* Open plan dining/living room with large flat screen TV & DVD player with a selection of DVDs. plus French digital TV channels, plus plenty of books, games and puzzles for rainy days
* Shower room (refurbished 2015) with basin, toilet and large shower. Modern plumbing and endless hot water!
* Separate kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, cooker, microwave, toaster, kettle and Nespresso-capsule coffee machine.
* Tranquil inner cour (courtyard) with barbeque, table and chairs.
* All cutlery, crockery and glasses etc are supplied.
* Picnic equipment is provided for guests to use.
* All bed linen and towels provided in the price. Fresh towels and optional bed linen provided for stays of five nights or more
* Welcome pack & bathrobes provided when staying two nights or more.
* Double glazing and central heating (suitable for winter and included in the price)
* 'Starter' supplies of tea, coffee, bottled water and basic toiletries are provided – if you require a pre-arrival grocery shopping service, eg to provide your first evening meal and/or breakfast then please enquire.
* A clothes washing service is available at 5€ per load. (an iron and small ironing board are provided in the apartment) There is also a coin wash close by.
* Free parking is available close to the apartment (reservation not possible) or airport transfers can be arranged – please enquire.
* Cyclists: as long as you're willing to carry your bicycles up one flight of stairs they can be cleaned and stored securely in the cour.
* Our aim is to help make your stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible so if you need anything else please just ask!
Only 80m from the Place de Republique, the heart of the vibrant town of Limoux you are central for the cafe culture, people watching and great restaurants! We are close to all shops and amenities, within only a few minutes walk of the excellent swimming pool, river bathing (at your own risk!!), pretty little park, Friday market and local railway station. Limoux has a piano museum, automat museum, Petiet art museum, perfumed gardens, festivals, concerts etc etc, the list goes on. White water rafting, paragliding and horse riding are just a short distance and snow skiing in winter, scuba diving and beaches in the summer are just an hours drive. Limoux is a regular fixture on the Tour de France route and cycling is a very popular activity in the area or, for the less energetic, car hire is available in Limoux and from the airport at Carcassonne just 20 minutes away. Free parking is available in the town centre close to the apartment or, if using local transport to get around, an aeroport navette (shuttle bus) meets all flights into Carcassonne airport and is €5 per person to go to the train station where the train/bus to Limoux is only €1. The apartment is 500m from the main train station in Limoux.
|Size||Sleeps up to 3, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Narbonne 100 km|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Carcassonne 24 km, Nearest railway: Limoux 500 m|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Please contact the owner|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
About this location
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
Limoux is a picture-postcard French town - perfectly compact but with plenty of cafes, bars, shops and restaurants. A charming, leafy town square is just steps away from secluded picnic spots along the river Aude. Limoux is a 'real' town in that it doesn't rely on tourism for its income, which is a double bonus as it means that the locals are friendly rather than resentful (although be warned: they don't necessarily speak a word of English) and also that it doesn't close down over winter - quite the opposite, they hold a three-month long carnival from January and a wine festival 'Toques et Clochers' in spring, both of which are a real treat. To cap it all, the regional tipple is a very delicious sparkling wine, Blanquette de Limoux, which can be sampled in any of the bars and restaurants and usually costs around 2€ a glass. In case you're still in any doubt, we love the place!
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:02 Apr 2015
Based in France