Le Grand Cerf
Chalet | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 8
This individual chalet includes a spacious living room with a chimney, a kitchen open to the dining room, three rooms and wide sunny terraces.
Every year, the chalet has been upgraded.
In 2010, an outside spa has been built, just meters from the chalet. It is a high quality spa designed for 6 persons. The brand is Sundance, the luxury brand from Jacuzzi.
You will love it.
Meeting everyone's expectations, "Le Grand Cerf" offers:
- A practical access to the domains of Courchevel and the 3 Vallées for skiers and walkers,
- A comfortable living room with chimney and sunny terraces for those who would rather prefer to relax,
- Either free shuttles from the chalet or ski lifts are available at only 50 meters for those who would like to go shopping, or to visit the luxurious Courchevel 1850, or to get to the middle of the shiny station...Tracks departure and ski lifts are only 150 meters away, shops and ski school are 150 meters away, shuttles to Courchevel 1850 depart only 50 meters away. Besides, the chalet offers wonderful view to the mountains and the forest, without any vis-à-vis.
- Spacious rooms for the children, with sledges in the court yard, as well as clear sledges (2 Kms long!) with a departure at only 150 meters.
- and an outside spa, to share great time with family and friends !
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Geneva, switzerland 125 km, Nearest railway: Moutiers (TGV) 20 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Log fire, Internet access|
|General||TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 8|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
|Further details indoors|
- Area : 100 m²
- Equipped kitchen :
- sonos music equipment
Espresso coffee machine
- Living room / dining room
- Living room chimney. Chimney is open to 3 sides, with a convertible couch and closets.
- 1 room for "parents" : 1 double bed (160 cm long) + washbasin
- 1 room for "visitors" : 1 double bed ( 140 cm long) + washbasin
- 1 room for "children" : 3 single beds (90cm wide) + washbasin
- 1 bathroom
- 1 independent toilet
Wash machine, drying machine, woods for the first chimney fire, chimney grill.
Chalet equipped with Hi-fi, terraces (east, South and west), long chairs outside
|Further details outdoors|
Spa, brand Sundance, model Cameo (up to 6 persons)
Price includes welcoming, cold water, hot water, heating, electricity, wood for the first chimney fire, a complete cleaning up before your arrival. House sheets are not provided. However, sheets + blanket cover + towels can be rented at the cleaning shop (200 meters distance). At the end of your stay, an inspection will be made in order to check the state of the place.
The Rhone/French Alps region
Courchevel is certainly one of the best ski area in the world. Ski area includes the famous "Les 3 vallees" with 130 km of ski slopes and modern ski equipments. You have direct ski access to Courchevel area, Meribel area, Les Menuires area and Val Thorens area.
Great snow any winter season, thanks to very good equipment and ski slopes maintaining. It's a skiier paradise !
Just 200 meters from the chalet is also the sledge track on 3 kilometers long: a great fun for children and parents !
Les Trois Vallees
For those who do not ski, courchevel 1550 has the charm of a small village with a nice family atmosphere: few restaurants, we love the typical and tiny restaurant "A l'oeil de boeuf", Mickey (the owner - english spoken - cooks great T bone steaks and potatoes in the fire log for years : a must ! Also within 300 meters, few other restaurants as a pizzeria, few " Café" and an English pub with sports events on english channels , a convenient store, press, ski school , ski renters ....
Courchevel 1550 is also directly linked with the bubbles (5 minutes) to the famous and luxury resort: Courchevel 1850. You will find there, shopping areas with the best brands, not less than 16 four-stars hotels with great restaurants, animations. For a great experience of French cooking, enjoy the "Chabichou" a 2 stars michelin rated restaurant, nice people, great cuisine, they also have nice spa services ...
For the hikers, courchevel has also a great diversity of treks to do. Ask the special map to the tourist office. You will enjoy the landscape, nature beauty and enjoy meeting deers, and other wild animals around.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
1 Apr 2013
"Une semaine Tip Top à Courchevel 1550"
Nous avons passé une excellente semaine dans ce chalet situé en retrait de la route. Il est au calme, vous pouvez profiter d'un jacuzzi après une bonne journée de ski. Les remontées mécaniques sont à 200m du chalet.
Le chalet est spacieux et beneficie d'une salle à vivre très grande et agréable.
Les chambres sont très bien elles aussi.
La terrasse et la vue sont magnifiques.
11 Jan 2013
"Wonderully quiet rustic stay"
The chalet is smack in the middle of 1550, about 50m downhill (rather steep) from the bus stop - just far enough to have no notion/view of the road or traffic, but convenient enough for getting around. It is part of a small chalet group on the side of the mountain, the views are stunning. It felt like staying in your handy uncle's cabin - rustic, lots of DIY touches and quirks. We spent days skiing then soaking tired limbs in a Jacuzzi, making dinner and hanging out by the fireplace, drinking wine, eating local cheeses.
- Jacuzzi, Fireplace, View! This is literally the only chalet (non boutique hotel) I found that has a jacuzzi in the 3 Valleys and it is priceless after a day of skiing.
- right next tot he bus stop if you plan to take busses to 1650 or other towns to ski the full 3 Valleys (slower than skiing across and back)
- 2 min walk to the lift to 1850, also convenient to ski down to at the end of the day; 2 min to the local store, restaurants, ski rental, covered car park is very reasonably priced.
- large enough/equipped kitchen to cook comfortably (no oven though), dishwasher; large communal table is great; large beds, good heating on the first floor; WiFi(!)
- very reasonably priced
- the owner is extremely helpful, responds immediately!
- very rustic, which has its DIY charm to me.
- separate small toilet, separate shower, sink in every room. While this startled us at first it actually worked out very well for staying out of each other's way.
- the silly custom of the area of getting your own sheets/towels. You might also need to get toilet paper, salt, etc., but think there might be leftover once the season starts.
Keep in mind that 1550 is a sleepy little town with a couple of cute intimate bars and restaurants, however, Michelin starred restaurants and nightlife are a cab/bus ride away, that is if you have the energy to go out after a day of skiing. I would recommend this chalet to groups looking to do some serious skiing, unwind and stay in/go local with an occasional trip to an excellent restaurant. The layout works well for 2 families with children as well. I would not recommend it to fussy travelers or people who are looking for a lively nightlife.
You're booking with
- 6 Years listed
85% Response rate
Calendar last updated:31 Oct 2014
Based in France
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- Les Trois Vallees
- 996 properties
- La Plagne
- 570 properties
- 379 properties
- Les Arcs
- 124 properties
- 79 properties
- Val d'Isere
- 73 properties
- 69 properties
- Vallandry-Les Arcs
- 43 properties
- 41 properties
- 38 properties
- 33 properties
- 17 properties
- St Francois Longchamp
- 15 properties
- La Perriere
- 14 properties
- 10 properties
- Saint Martin de Belleville
- 9 properties
- Peisey Nancroix
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- La Côte d'Aime
- 6 properties
- 6 properties