from £1237 /night help
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Availability Your dates are available
Villa | 6 bedrooms | sleeps 12
Villa Cigno is composed of two prestigious luxury villas, located in a spectacular position directly on the waterfront of the famous Lake Como. The property is surrounded by a beautiful “Italian style” garden (2000 sqm) and has its own private beach and private harbour.
The villa sleeps 12 guests with ample space to accommodate everybody. The friendly, unobtrusive caretaker is very happy to help arrange tours, wine tasting, restaurant bookings etc. They can also provide luxury services in the house, such as catering, cookery lessons and spa treatments.
This property really is perfect for groups of friends or families who want to relax in luxury accommodation while having easy access to great restaurants, bars, traditional Italian towns and a variety of outdoor pursuits. With its perfect location, close to the famous town of Bellagio, this property also offers a central point for touring Northern Italy, Como, Cernobbio, Milan as well as Switzerland.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
|Size||Sleeps up to 12, 6 bedrooms|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, Boat available|
|General||CD player, Satellite TV|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms of which 3 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (6), Single beds (3)|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
- Sitting room overlooking the garden and with direct access to the lake terrace
- Fully equipped Kitchen completed with an ancient stone fireplace
- 1 double bedroom
- Ensuite bathroom with shower
- Additional half bathroom
- 1 master double bedroom
- 2 twin bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms with bathtub
- Two large rooms with wooden tables for entertaining
- Various storage rooms
- Sitting area with sofa and satellite TV
- Fully equipped kitchen corner
- Terrace with lake views and furnished with table and chairs.
- Master double bedroom with terrace overlooking the lake
- Ensuite bathroom with shower
- Twin bedroom with lake views
- Bathroom with shower
- Private Parking for 4 cars
- Gardening service
- Winter heating
- Fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher
- Satellite TV and DVD player
- CD player
- Wireless ADSL internet connection (bring your own laptop)
- Laundry room with washing and drying machine
- Ironing facilities
- Hairdryer in each bathroom
- Linen and towels included
- Private beach and boat landing platform
- Tours, wine tasting, restaurant suggestions and bookings etc can all be organised by the owners (please enquire)
- Cookery lessons can be arranged (please enquire)
- Meals can be organised by a private chef in your villa (please enquire)
- Private car, boat or sea plane rentals available (please enquire)
- Outdoor pursuits available close to the villa including quad biking, dancing, tennis, golf, hiking
|Further details outdoors|
- Well maintained garden area
- BBQ and outside dining area overlooking the lake
- Sunbathing area with sun loungers, small tables, umbrellas and outdoor shower
- Private terraces
About this location
The Lombardy region
Villa Cigno is approximately 90 mins from Malpensa International Airport and is well connected to cities such as Milan and Bergamo. The Lake's vicinity to Milan has for centuries made it a popular refuge from city life, with many Milanese families constructing summer houses on her shores, a number of whose gardens and interiors can now be visited.
Milan itself opens up an array of possibilities - visit Leonardo Da Vinci's Last Supper, the Duomo or stroll down the famous shopping street of Via Montenapoleone.
You also have the possibility to explore some of Northern Italy's other lakes, such as Lake Maggiore in Piedmont to the West or even a day trip into Switzerland, to Lugano that offers another quite different experience. For the cultural enthusiasts, the historical city of Turin in Piedmont is well within reach, as are Venice and Verona heading eastwards. This village was originally a Roman settlement and the church of Chiesa di S Ambrogio e Bernardo is worth a visit.
On the shores of Lake Como with private beach and harbour
Nearest Village: Vassena – walking distance
Nearest Restaurant: in Vassena – walking distance
Nearest Public Means of Transport: Boat and Bus both in Vassena – walking distance
Nearest Shops: in Vassena – walking distance
Milan: 75 km
Como: 40 km
Lecco: 15 km
Verona: 185 km
Lugano: 75 km
Malpensa Airport: 110 km
Linate Airport: 70 km
Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport: 95 km
The area around Lake Como is one of outstanding beauty. Stretching from the Swiss Alps to the Grigne and Legnone ranges, Lake Como is guarded over by spectacular mountain landscapes. Pastel-coloured villages perch along the shorelines and trail up her steep sides. In this part of Italy, you can find anything from the simplest rural dwellings to the palatial villas of the 18th century.
A walk around one of these central lake villages, up a cobbled avenue or across a church square, will convince you to pause for a moment on a sunny bench, to stop for an aperitivo at a sidewalk café or pop into a gelateria for a home-made ice cream. Whether you want to explore the lake by foot, car or boat, we suggest that you enjoy it leisurely. Choose from one of the numerous activities the area offers, or simply from the comfort of your splendid private villa.
Villa Cigno is located on the shore of Lake Como and close to the village of Vanessa which is famous for its great restaurants and bars. From the villa you can take in the most amazing lake views and the private garden area that surrounds the house offers total peace and seclusion.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Oliver's Travels (Property Manager Oliver's Travels Ltd)
- 2 Years listed
Calendar last updated:26 Mar 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted