House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Property consists of 2 double bedrooms with spacious landing area
The village is ideal for fishing, hiking, canoeing, golfing and walking .
Brive's stadium is within 15 mins drive. Brive are a Super 14 rubgy club and 1997 Heineken Cup champions.
There are markets every week in the area throughout the year and evening markets in the village during July and August.
Concert De Vezere is a few minutes walk from the property (photo of Chateaux De Vezere below).
The property has a south facing garden and is a real sun trap.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Limoges Airport 106 km, Nearest railway: Allassac 3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 5|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Further details indoors||
- open plan living / dining area
- Beautiful enclosed garden
- Garden furniture for 8
- Stunning outlook overlooking the garden from the bedrooms
- 1 parking space attached to the property, however plentiful on street parking if required
|Further details outdoors||
English speaking representative on hand to answer any questions.
The Limousin/Auvergne region
This stunningly beautiful region of still lakes, fast flowing streams, gentle rolling valleys and forested mountains has been one of the best kept secrets in France. From the lovely old city of Limoges to the tiny hamlets scattered across the hills and forests, and the pure rivers and lakes, discover the friendliness and old world charm of one of the last remaining havens of the "real France". www.the-limousin.co.uk or www.welcome-en-limousin.com for more info.
Here are a handful of areas within driving distance that are well worth a visit or a day trip to :-
- Brive La Galliarde, the biggest commune in the Correze and has many cafes and shops and an excellent visitors centre.
- Collongues La Rouge is a member of the Les Plus Beaux Villages de France association ("The most beautiful villages of France"), and is actually where this association was created. Its one of the most visited sites in the Limousin.
- Sarlat is one of the most attractive and alluring towns in south-western France and is in a region known in France as the Périgord Noir (the Black Périgord).
- Tulle capital of the Corrèze department in the Limousin region in central France and the It is the third-largest town in the Limousin region, after Limoges and Brive-la-Gaillarde.
- Rocamadour (Rocamador in Occitan) is a commune in the Lot department in south-western France and has attracted visitors for its setting in a gorge above a tributary of the River Dordogne.
- Objat has an excellent tourist office with cheap internet access, shops, a man made lake and children's water slides which are open in the summer months. There are also many restaurants and bars in the town and only a short drive away. Good weekly market selling everything from clothes to food.
- Voutezac is also only 4 kms away and is a beautiful French hillside town typical of the area.
- fishing and canoeing within walking distance of the property
- 5 golf courses in the region and special discounts offered through tourist offices if play more than one round
- many pretty villages only a short drive away. One of our favourites is St. Robert.
- For rugby enthusiasts who would like to combine a trip with taking in a match in the French Top 14 or high level European rugby then please refer to websites below with a list of their current fixtures for the season.
Venue, Stade Amadee Domenech, Brive - capacity 15,000 and excellent atmosphere - highly recommended.
Amlin Challenge Cup is the sponsorship name for the The European Challenge Cup (football's version of the Europa league or old UEFA Cup) and is the second tier competition to the Heineken Cup (football's version of Champions League).