Au Bord de L'Isle (Riverside)
About the home
Superb spacious family house set with 4 bedrooms for 2 persons minimum, 2 bathrooms and 3 WC. You can accommodate a cot in each bedroom.
- A modern equipped kitchen. Adjoining dining room. Kitchen with French door to a covered terrace with dining area (under the balcony) overlooking the pool for a better children supervision.
- WC next to the kitchen allows satisfaction when swimming for example. Seperated storeroom with washing machine.
- Open-plan living area with an original fireplace, a big lounge bar with D-Jaying control and a large counter top to share relaxing time with some nice drinks. The sunset through the stained-glass windows is simply Exceptional.
- 2 bedrooms with 1 bathroom inbetween (big shower/WC/hand basin). Both bedrooms are with double bed. Eventually suitable for people with restricted mobility. Please enquire.
- 2 bedrooms with 1 bathroom inbetween (angle-bath/WC/2 hand basins). One bedroom is with an ancient French bed. The other one has bunk beds with another extra bed in an inferior drawer. This bedroom is suitable for 2/3 adults.
- Very spacious lounge with 2 large comfy leather sofas in front of the balcony overlooking the pool. Access with French door. Terrestrial TV and DVD player.
- Balcony: great sunbathing to enjoy. Stairs going down to the pool or to the covered terrace. At night enjoy the sparkling Milky Way and look for a shooting star to make a wish.
- Swimming pool: the security perimeter and the alarm should not replace the vigilance of a responsible adult.
Surface: 9x4, diving area. Terrace of wood, stones and grass. Take place to relax wherever you prefer; the steps going down the pool might be also refreshing, especially with nice fresh drinks.
Sun loungers to relax on. Pool equipment for your enjoyment.
- Large garden: BBQ and another outside dining area are available.
- Covered terrace: Under the balcony. Lovely al fresco dining with that welcome glass of wine.
Fishing and picnics on the riverside should not be missed.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 9, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Lake in Ladignac-le-long, 5km|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 5km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
|Luxuries:||Log fire, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||4 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 shower room, Solarium / Roof terrace|
|Furniture:||Single beds (3), Double beds (3), Cots (1)|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
Extra cleaning in option.
Cigarettes may taste lovely at the bar, but on the balcony they taste even better. We thank you for using the provided ashtrays.
Towels may be hired for small weekly charge.
25% of rental fee due to secure booking (bank transfer or Paypal). The booking will be confirmed when the payment has cleared. The balance will be due 1 month before your holiday.
Refundable breakages deposit required on arrival, to be refunded within two weeks of your departure (subject to satisfactory property inspection with no excess cleaning). £250 for 4 persons, £375 for 6 pers., £500 for 8/9 persons.
Well-behaved pets are allowed.
The Limousin / Auvergne / Haute-Vienne region
On the Limousin/Dordogne Border, at the South-West of the Haute-Vienne. In the Parc naturel régional Périgorg-Limousin. Périgord for Périgueux, Limousin for Limoges.
A quiet unhurried pace of life at Dordogne's door. You can enjoy the tranquillity of this green haven of crystalline peace with its nice temperatures, discovering the next limousine area and its medieval villages, many castles, lakes and rivers. In the same time, you can easily plan day-trips in the Dordogne without having to endure the tourist-flow everyday.
There are Music and Art Festivals throughout the summer. Markets with local products and second hand markets in different towns and villages every day. Also not to be missed are the locally made porcelain and the gastronomy.
Some ideas for a day-outing (1km=1min) :
- Jumilhac-le-Grand (7kms)/Le Chalard (2kms)/Lastours (15kms)/Châlus (20kms)/Montbrun (28kms): Richard the LIONHEART circuit (Limousin/Dordogne)
- Le Chalard (2kms)/St-Yrieix-la Perche (10kms)/Lake of Rouffiac (Teleski-20kms)/Forges de Savignac-Lédrier (30kms)/St-Mesmin (34kms)/Génis (37kms): Gorges de l'Auvézère circuit (Lim/Dord)
- Jumilhac (7kms)/Thiviers (30kms)/Brantôme (55kms) (Dordogne) Not To Be Missed
- Montignac-Lascaux (65kms)/Sarlat (90 kms)/Périgueux (55kms) (Dordogne)
- Ségur-le-Château (Classified) (20kms)/ Brive (90kms)/ Collonges-la-Rouge (110kms)/Turenne(108kms)/Rocamadour (140kms) (Lim/Dord/Lot)
(The nautical Teleski is a sportive ski-activity on a lake)
And many more... Have a look on the images with Google.fr
The Le Chalard area
Close to Jumilhac (7kms), Ladignac-le-long (5kms) and St-Yrieix (10kms).
Le Chalard: a towering church above a peaceful medieval village with its classified "Maison des Anglais", its sculpted graves of monks, its Roman bridge above the Isle, our river. Simply beautiful.
Jumilhac-le-Grand: for visiting and a little shopping. Nice village with river, castle, easy walkways... Restaurant with terrace, nice cafés, markets, a few shops.
Ladignac-le-long: our nearest lake with beach is here (5kms). A little of shopping and visiting. Nearest Boulangerie (bakery).
Saint-Yrieix-la-Perche: our little town. For visiting and shopping. Medieval town centre. Many events in the summer: art/music festivals, exhibitions, restaurants/cafés, markets, water park, mini-golf, lake...
We are on the road of Richard the LIONHEART/Coeur de Lion.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
From various UK Airports:
Cheap flights with Ryan Air and Flybe to Limoges Airport, 40 min away
Flybe to Bergerac Airport, 1h45 away
All major car hire companies work from both airports
By Train: National Express Coach Travel from UK to Limoges
By Car: 5/7 h driving from Le Havre, Caen, Dieppe and the Channel Tunnel
To Le Chalard: 40 min driving from Limoges
From Le Chalard: 2 km/2 min
Activities near Le Chalard
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 9|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|High season||2 Jul 11||2 Sep 11||£ 980||-||-||1 Week|
|High season||17 Dec 11||1 Jan 12||£ 980||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid season||2 Jun 12||1 Jul 12||£ 980||-||-||1 Week|
|High season||1 Jul 12||2 Sep 12||£ 1280||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid season||2 Sep 12||13 Oct 12||£ 980||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid season||1 Jun 13||27 Jul 13||£ 980||-||-||1 Week|
|High season||27 Jul 13||31 Aug 13||£ 1280||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid season||31 Aug 13||29 Sep 13||£ 980||-||-||1 Week|
|Low season||29 Sep 13||22 Dec 13||£ 690||-||-||1 Week|
|High season||22 Dec 13||5 Jan 14||£ 1280||-||-||1 Week|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Bookings are normally Saturday to Saturday except by special arrangement.<BR><BR>If you have any special requirements, please get in touch and we will try to accommodate your needs where possible.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
1 year listed
You are contacting
M. Le Grand
The owner is based in France and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2011. This farmhouse has so far received no reviews.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in France (11,175)