Farmhouse | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 9
Superb spacious family house set with 4 bedrooms for 2 persons minimum, 2 bathrooms and 3 WC. You can accommodate a cot in each bedroom.
- A modern equipped kitchen. Adjoining dining room. Kitchen with French door to a covered terrace with dining area (under the balcony) overlooking the pool for a better children supervision.
- WC next to the kitchen allows satisfaction when swimming for example. Seperated storeroom with washing machine.
- Open-plan living area with an original fireplace, a big lounge bar with D-Jaying control and a large counter top to share relaxing time with some nice drinks. The sunset through the stained-glass windows is simply Exceptional.
- 2 bedrooms with 1 bathroom inbetween (big shower/WC/hand basin). Both bedrooms are with double bed. Eventually suitable for people with restricted mobility. Please enquire.
- 2 bedrooms with 1 bathroom inbetween (angle-bath/WC/2 hand basins). One bedroom is with an ancient French bed. The other one has bunk beds with another extra bed in an inferior drawer. This bedroom is suitable for 2/3 adults.
- Very spacious lounge with 2 large comfy leather sofas in front of the balcony overlooking the pool. Access with French door. Terrestrial TV and DVD player.
- Balcony: great sunbathing to enjoy. Stairs going down to the pool or to the covered terrace. At night enjoy the sparkling Milky Way and look for a shooting star to make a wish.
- Swimming pool: the security perimeter and the alarm should not replace the vigilance of a responsible adult.
Surface: 9x4, diving area. Terrace of wood, stones and grass. Take place to relax wherever you prefer; the steps going down the pool might be also refreshing, especially with nice fresh drinks.
Sun loungers to relax on. Pool equipment for your enjoyment.
- Large garden: BBQ and another outside dining area are available.
- Covered terrace: Under the balcony. Lovely al fresco dining with that welcome glass of wine.
Fishing and picnics on the riverside should not be missed.
|Size||Sleeps up to 9, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Lake in Ladignac-le-long 5 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Limoges Airport (Bellegarde) 40 km, Nearest railway: Saint-Yrieix-la-perche 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Single beds (3), Double beds (3), Cots (1)|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors||
Extra cleaning in option.
Cigarettes may taste lovely at the bar, but on the balcony they taste even better. We thank you for using the provided ashtrays.
Towels may be hired for small weekly charge.
The Limousin/Auvergne region
On the Limousin/Dordogne Border, at the South-West of the Haute-Vienne. In the Parc naturel régional Périgorg-Limousin. Périgord for Périgueux, Limousin for Limoges.
A quiet unhurried pace of life at Dordogne's door. You can enjoy the tranquillity of this green haven of crystalline peace with its nice temperatures, discovering the next limousine area and its medieval villages, many castles, lakes and rivers. In the same time, you can easily plan day-trips in the Dordogne without having to endure the tourist-flow everyday.
There are Music and Art Festivals throughout the summer. Markets with local products and second hand markets in different towns and villages every day. Also not to be missed are the locally made porcelain and the gastronomy.
Some ideas for a day-outing (1km=1min) :
- Jumilhac-le-Grand (7kms)/Le Chalard (2kms)/Lastours (15kms)/Châlus (20kms)/Montbrun (28kms): Richard the LIONHEART circuit (Limousin/Dordogne)
- Le Chalard (2kms)/St-Yrieix-la Perche (10kms)/Lake of Rouffiac (Teleski-20kms)/Forges de Savignac-Lédrier (30kms)/St-Mesmin (34kms)/Génis (37kms): Gorges de l'Auvézère circuit (Lim/Dord)
- Jumilhac (7kms)/Thiviers (30kms)/Brantôme (55kms) (Dordogne) Not To Be Missed
- Montignac-Lascaux (65kms)/Sarlat (90 kms)/Périgueux (55kms) (Dordogne)
- Ségur-le-Château (Classified) (20kms)/ Brive (90kms)/ Collonges-la-Rouge (110kms)/Turenne(108kms)/Rocamadour (140kms) (Lim/Dord/Lot)
(The nautical Teleski is a sportive ski-activity on a lake)
And many more... Have a look on the images with Google.fr
Close to Jumilhac (7kms), Ladignac-le-long (5kms) and St-Yrieix (10kms).
Le Chalard: a towering church above a peaceful medieval village with its classified "Maison des Anglais", its sculpted graves of monks, its Roman bridge above the Isle, our river. Simply beautiful.
Jumilhac-le-Grand: for visiting and a little shopping. Nice village with river, castle, easy walkways... Restaurant with terrace, nice cafés, markets, a few shops.
Ladignac-le-long: our nearest lake with beach is here (5kms). A little of shopping and visiting. Nearest Boulangerie (bakery).
Saint-Yrieix-la-Perche: our little town. For visiting and shopping. Medieval town centre. Many events in the summer: art/music festivals, exhibitions, restaurants/cafés, markets, water park, mini-golf, lake...
We are on the road of Richard the LIONHEART/Coeur de Lion.