Chateau de Cardou
from £368 /night help
Chateau | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 10
This magnificent Chateau de Cardouhas been recently restored and its 300m² offers ample capacity for up to 10 guests. With its enclosed 12x6m swimming pool the owners welcome you to this top-of-the-range holiday property.
The Chateau de Cardou is listed by the “Historical Residences of Character” and is located in the wooded hills that dominate the valley of the Dordogne. The owners fully restored an entire wing of the Chateau de Cardou in 2001. It is this part of the chateau that is now available for rent. Its foundations are from the 13th century.
The Chateau de Cardou was dramatically altered in the 15th century as military architecture developed due to the evolution of the armaments at the time. Later, in the 18th and 19th, centuries the castle underwent further major changes that gave it its current aspect. The estate entered the current family in 1734 following the marriage of Suzanne de Beaudet to Etienne-Jacques of Saint-Exupery. Offered by Joseph de Beaudet and his wife Catherine de Montalembert for the marriage of their daughter Suzanne, the castle has thus belonged to the same family for 271 years. PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bergerac 25 km, Nearest railway: Lalinde 5 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Fax machine, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms of which 4 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (6), Double beds (2)|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
Ground floor: Large entry hall leading to the main staircase, a living room with fireplace, sofas, armchairs, a table, TV with video recorder and HIFI. The dining room is large with an arched ceiling, a dresser, rustic chairs, an armchair, a sofa and a fireplace. The kitchen comes with two main cooking surfaces, an oven, microwaves, a spit-roaster, a refrigerator, a dishwasher, a full set of kitchen ustensils and a pressure-cooker. There is also a shower room with a WC. Other facilities include: telephone, washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board, hair drier, vacuum cleaner, clothes line and WI-FI internet connection.
First floor: - Bedroom 1: located in the XVth Century tower is a room of 6.5x5.5m with a double bed (1.8m), cupboard, chairs, armchair, fireplace, table. En-suite bathroom with bath-tub, shower, 2 wash basins and a WC.
- Bedroom 2: a room of 6.2x5.5m with 2 single beds (0.9m), table, chairs, en-suite shower room with wash basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: a room of 6.3x5.5m with 2 single beds (0.9m), table, chairs, baby cot, wash basin and WC.
- Bedroom 4: a room of 4x5.5m with 2 single beds (0.9m), cupboard, table, armchair, chairs, en-suite bathroom with bath-tub, shower, wash basin and WC.
- Bedroom 5: a room with 1 double bed (1.40m), table, chairs, dresser, fireplace, wash hand basin and WC.
|Further details outdoors|
- Fenced 12x6m swimming pool.
- Helipad available.
- Plenty of parking.
- Outdoor furniture.
- 100m2 terrace.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
The Dordogne region
• Visits guided by an archaeologist of the world-famous local prehistoric sites such as Lascaux 30 km, Les Eyzies: Pôle international de la Préhistoire, 15km.
• Visits to the Medieval Fortress town of Sarlat, various forts and local villages. Nearby Gardens, village markets and local produce markets at night.
• Golf, canoeing, gliding, walks, hot-air ballooning, helicopter rides, local music and theatre festivals.
• Wine tasting in Bergerac and further away at Bordeaux.
• Other possible visits: Carcassonne, Rocamadour, Le Bassin d’Arcachon.
There are many activities to do in the Lalinde area including the following:
- The châteaux of the Périgord
- Visit of the Pécharmant vineyards and wine-tasting at the Château de Tiregand (on request)
- Les Merles Golf Course (8km)
- Belvès Flying Club (12km)
- Canoeing on the Dordogne River at Lalinde (3km)
- Riverside beach and swimming in the Dordogne (5km)
- Lanquais lake for swimming (8km)
- Mountain-biking at Lalinde
- Hiking trails
- The Bastide Trail: Molières, Beaumont, Monpazier, Issigeac etc.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Oliver's Travels (Property Manager Oliver's Travels Ltd)
- 6 Years listed
Calendar last updated:31 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- 1801 properties
- 444 properties
- 387 properties
- 180 properties
- 18 properties
- 6 properties