Villa | 8 bedrooms | sleeps 16
The historical Villa Castel sits on the shores of Lake Orta, the most romantic Italian lake with breathtaking views of the lake, island and mountains.
The Villa boasts 8 bedroom accommodation set in 2 acres of private parkland and ancient woodland leading down to the lake, a private garden with pontoon, beach and a boat house with its own private boat which is available to hire.
The interior of the villa is sumptuous. The mosaic Venetian marble floors, alfrescos, chandeliers and the elegant setting all combine to set this residence apart as a villa of superb grace and elegance. The villa has been recently restored, but maintains its old world charm and atmosphere.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
|Size||Sleeps up to 16, 8 bedrooms|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Rooms||8 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms of which 4 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (6), Double beds (5)|
|Further details indoors|
Villa Castel is a magnificent home surrounded by lush gardens and fabulous views across the lake and beyond the snow capped mountains. Inside the property guests can relax at ease in the stylish and luxurious surroundings.
- Secondary kitchen, pantry and storage with wine fridge, ice machine and glass washer.
- Laundry room with washing machine, tumble dryer, sink, Iron and ironing board.
- Games room with full sized pool table
- TV room with Sky TV, Playstation and Nintendo Wii
- Wine Cellar (A selection of local wines are available to purchase)
- A large well equipped kitchen (Dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave, cooker) with 6 seater table and the large open plan salon, with seating in front of the open fire and a 12 seater dining table provides guests with a variety of dining and cooking options.
- The dining room also features French doors out to the terrace with breathtaking views of the lake.
- More living areas include the morning room with comfortable Chesterfield sofas, with 50 inch Plasma TV, Sky and DVD player and the library with desk, printer and internet access, a 30 inch flat screen TV and Chesterfield sofas in front of the open fire. There is a large downstairs cloakroom with twin wash hand basins, toilet, bidet and shower.
- Master bedroom suite with Super King size Tudor four poster bed and large en-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, shower, toilet, bidet, and twin wash hand basins. Superb views to the lake and the island
- Super King Queen Anne Four Poster Bed. Stunning views to the lake and the island. Separate toilet and was hand basin, Large shower room, with twin wash hand basins, bidet toilet and shower. Please note that this is not en-suite and has a few steps over the corridor.
- Super King Size Stunning Black Venetian Bed with matching furniture. Ensuite shower room with shower, toilet, bidet and wash hand basin. Balcony and views to the gardens and forest above.
- Super King Size Mahogany Four Poster Bed. Views to the gardens and hills above.
-Double White Rococo Bed and matching furniture with views to the lake and island.
-Separate shower room with shower, bidet, wash hand basin and toilet.
-Twin bedroom (2 single beds) decorated in florals and pinks with silver embossed furniture
-Twin bedroom (2 single beds) decorated in aqua with black embossed furniture.
-Twin bedroom (2 single beds) decorated in a warm orange with pine furniture
- 2 separate shower rooms with shower, bidet, wash hand basin and toilet
- Internet access
- Open fire
- Private garden
- Sky TV.
|Further details outdoors|
2 acres of private parkland and ancient woodland with sweeping gardens down to the lake. Terrace with seating for 14, sunloungers, path through gardens down to the Lake, Private Lake side garden, stony beach, pontoon and boat house. Sun loungers and hammocks and beanbags. The property's private boat is available for hire and kayaks both double and single are available. Please note there is a pedestrian footpath between the high walled main gardens of the Villa and the private garden, adjacent to the lake.
The North West Italy region
There are many different activities and things to do in the surrounding area, including horseriding, golf, marked hiking and mountain bike trails to shopping and eating out, Water parks and Water Skiing on the lake.
45 minutes away skiing on the Mottarone gives stunning views of Lake Orta and Lake Maggiore, along with views as far as the Ligurian Apennines and Swiss Alps, the Po Valley Plain and the Massif of Monte Rosa.
Villa Castel is situated on the shores of Lake Orta, which lies 20 minutes West of Lake Maggiore. The beauty of Lake Orta lies in its tranquillity: visitors can stroll down the cobbled streets of Orta San Giulio and enjoy leisurely boat rides to the enchanting Island of San Giulio. A memorable Alpine backdrop that includes Sacro Monte frames this stunning lake, which used to be called Cusio.
Lake Orta is one of the smaller, less well known of the Italian Lakes at its maximum points 13.4km long and 2.5km wide. Not as busy as Lake Como or Maggiore yet a 45 minute drive from Milan Malpensa.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
You're booking with
Oliver's Travels (Property Manager Oliver's Travels Ltd)
- 1 Years listed
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 117 properties
- 75 properties
- 57 properties
- 54 properties
- 45 properties
- 37 properties
- 27 properties
- Orta San Giulio
- 23 properties
- 16 properties
- 16 properties
- 13 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- Cursolo Orasso
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- Saas Fee
- 8 properties
- Saas Grund
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties