House | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Le Vieux Café is set in the beautiful Vendée countryside, in the small village of Lairoux which is only a 10 minute drive to the bustling cathedral town of Luçon where you will find many shops, supermarkets and restaurants. The safe sandy beaches of La Faute and La Tranche sur Mer are only 20 minutes away and the area has an excellent hiking and cycling network.
The house contains many period features along with a modern fully equipped kitchen. There is also a private al fresco seating and BBQ area in front of the house. In the extensive gardens you will find a 12 x 7 metre heated pool (shared with one other house), a boules court and a gamesroom with Xbox 360, Table Tennis, DVD library & many toys & games.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||La Faute/ La Tranche sur Mer 15 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||8 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: La Rochelle 40 km, Nearest railway: Lucon 8 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (heated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Table tennis, Games room, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (5), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 7|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
|Further details indoors||
This property boasts lots of period features and at the turn of the 20th Century it was the hub of village life - being the local café and restaurant.
- The living room contains a large bookcase with all types of holiday reading
- There is also a laptop with secure wireless internet access
- The sofa can also be used as an extra bed, as it folds out into a large sofabed
- For guests with young children, there are stair gates at the top and bottom of the stairway
- A cot, baby bath, changing mat, highchair and plastic crockery & cutlery are provided
- Games room with table tennis, table football, lots of board games and toys, dressing up clothes and artists materials.
- Xbox 360 and a large DVD library
- Fully equipped gym with rowing machine, 2 bikes, cross-trainer and weights machine.
- A selection of Bikes are available for your use. (Helmets not provided)
|Further details outdoors||
- Private Seating and BBQ Area
- The pool area is shared with our other holiday home - L'Écurie.
- There are several loungers and parasols available, along with inflatables & waterwings
- Gravel courtyard with parking for several cars
- Boules Court and lawned area
- Large gardens with picnic tables
We are also able to provide the following extra services:
* Welcome Pack of Food
* Babysitting & taxi Service
see our website for further details
The Poitou-Charentes/Vendee region
The Vendée is the second sunniest region of France and has lots of excellent beaches from as little as 20 minutes away from our location. Our village of Lairoux is the ideal spot for walking or cycling holidays and the holiday home has stunning views over the valley below,with its flooded marshlands in winter and dry cattle pastures in summer. The countryside is a bird watchers paradise! There are also 5 golf courses in the area and for a more tranquil day out - Le Marais Poitevin is only 60 minutes away where you can hire boats and take a leisurely row along the many canals.
Lairoux is a small village on a hill overlooking the beautiful Vendée countryside. The house has fantastic views over the marshes below! The village has a bakery van which delivers fresh bread & croissants everyday to the village and there is a bar serving food on Sundays.
Luçon is only 10 minutes away and makes a nice day out with a visit to the 600 year old cathedral or a saunter around the Jardin Dumaine.
The area is full of tourist attractions - such as the Indian Forest Adventure park, the car museum, the old port at La Rochelle or the many ruined castles and abbeys watching over the medieval towns.
The main attractions in the Vendee are the fantastic beaches - some for surfing, body boarding, rock pooling or just relaxing!
The surrounding countryside is great to explore and there are many guided walks around the area - stopping off in many of the picturesque little villages for a coffee or beer - many having weekly markets and brocante or antiques fairs at the weekends.
For a more active holiday, there are many watersports available at La Tranche or Les Sables D'Olonne including surfing, sand kiting, diving and jet skiing.
We are also within a 60 minute drive of the Puy de Fou and Futuroscope Theme Parks