About the home
Villa Paraíso is a new villa built to a stunning contemporary design. Situated on Portugal’s Algarve coast an hour’s drive from Faro airport, it is in a beautiful, peaceful setting overlooking the ocean and nestled in between the scenic villages of Burgau and Salema. Part of the latest development by the award-winning Vigia Group, the villa has been designed very much with holidaying families or groups in mind. Large open plan living spaces, huge south facing terraces and an extensive 12-metre private pool and 8-person jacuzzi are just a few features of this unique property.
At nearby Parque da Floresta with the Vigia Golf Academy and driving range you will have the use of two communal swimming pools, tennis, football academy, kids clubs and tuition for golf and tennis. There are numerous dining options here.
SPA Floresta offers the perfect place to unwind with facial and body treatments. A steam room, sauna and spa pool with a gym and exercise studio are also available to you.
Many other activities can be booked from here including experiencing the breathtaking unspoilt Western Algarve on horseback. Undulating countryside is speckled with historic towns/villages untouched by time and fringed by a coastline of secluded coves.
The unique position of Villa Paraíso within the heart of Western Algarve makes it ideal for walking. Whether you prefer a short stroll to the beach or a coastal walk, this property provides an ideal base.
The villa boasts a fantastic location from which to explore the year-round golfing mecca that is the Algarve. As a resident at Villa Paraíso you will enjoy discounts at every one of the 37 truly fantastic Algarve courses that are all within a one-hour drive from the house.
Lagos is a 15 min drive and offers a large choice of restaurants/bars/shops and charming pedestrianised streets display typical Moorish architecture. At the Marina you can book excursions for big game fishing/dolphin watching, charter or take other boat trips. Cap St. Vincent is the most south west point of the Algarve and is only a 20 min drive.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Cabanas Velhas, 400m|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 400m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
|Luxuries:||Private outdoor pool (heated), Jacuzzi / Hot tub, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|Pools:||Private outdoor pool (heated), Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||5 Bedrooms, 15 bathrooms of which 5 family bathrooms, 5 en suites and 5 shower rooms, Solarium / Roof terrace|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (3), Dining seating for 10, Lounge seating for 12|
|Other:||Please check with the advertiser regarding linen and towels|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (heated), Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
- Open-plan kitchen featuring state-of-the-art appliances
- Large living and dining area that includes a real open fireplace (with protective screen)
- Designer furnishings throughout, and a home theatre set-up (including 42? plasma TV, DVD player, satellite TV)
- In-house laundry including washer/dryer allows for complete self-catering if desired
- All bedrooms decorated to separate themes, all with en suite bathrooms and plenty of storage
- Ducted, reverse cycle air-conditioning plus underfloor heating allows for perfect indoor temperatures regardless of the season
Further details outdoors:
- Stunning 12 metre razor-edge infinity pool on sun terrace overlooking sculpted gardens
- Large jacuzzi, BBQ and extensive balconies and terraces with plenty of shade on 3 levels are ideal for outdoor living for large or small groups
- Both pool and jacuzzi are fenced/gated with children in-mind for extra safety
- Large lawn for outdoor recreation
- Optional welcome pack available upon arrival
- Swimming pool / jacuzzi available year-round (please enquire for details of optional heating)
- Property is fully managed by friendly English speaking staff should require any assistance
- Various cleaning options (please feel free to ask any questions)
- Smokers welcome, but would appreciate no smoking inside the property
- Refundable breakages deposit of £1,000 required on arrival, to be refunded within two weeks of your departure (subject to satisfactory property inspection)
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required at time of booking for confirmation, with the balance required 10 weeks prior to your stay
- Rates vary by season, allow for the fact that the development is not yet fully completed, and are available on a weekly or daily basis
- Rates are inclusive of all costs incurred except cleaning and pool heating (if required - during the very warm summer months it is likely you will not require the pool to be heated). Keys can be picked up from reception at nearby Parque da Floresta, where all incremental charges are also settled
The Algarve / West Algarve region
LAGOS: A town of some 30,000 inhabitants (having grown from around 15,000 in 1995), Lagos was an important Roman settlement called 'Lacobriga' and a variety of ancient Roman ruins remain including the old slave market. The town is located on the edge of a superb bay and has five different beaches all within walking distance of the town centre, which is enclosed within 5th century walls.
A modern and well equipped marina dominates the sea front and the town is now firmly positioned as a centre for tourists from all over the world. For historians, there are some lovely churches to be explored, such as 'São Sebastião' (featuring 17th-18th century tiling) and the São João Hermitage (8th-9th century) as well as a regional museum and the old Governors' Palace. Strolling around day or evening you will find a plethora of restaurants, bars, a cinema and other diversions to choose from, and in the early hours of the morning, dancing and music to suit all tastes - truly the spirit of the Romans lives on
The Lagos / Budens area
PRAIA DA LUZ, BURGAU and SALEMA were all small fishing villages only 25 years ago but are now firmly established as villa and apartment resorts for holidaymakers. Fortunately, development has been largely sensitively controlled and the laid-back spirit of the locals has survived the changes. It must be the beaches, for this stretch of the coast has some of the best family beaches in the Algarve. Clean, golden, sheltered and gently shelving, even in the height of the season you always seem to have room to relax and play. The Costa Vicentina national park borders these resorts and extends north all the way up to Odeceixe on the west coast, so the inland is rugged and sparse but also a haven for indigenous wildlife and flora and fauna.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
- Fly to Faro (a little over 2hrs from the UK) - our property is a one hour drive from the airport
- Cheap flights available - easyjet.com, flymonarch.com, ryanair.com, ba.com, aerlingus.com, thomson.co.uk, bmibaby.com - from most major and regional airports within the UK / Eire to Faro
- Inexpensive car-hire from www.holidayautos.co.uk
- New motorway links along the Algarve allowing very straightforward and stress-free transfer to the villa (directions will be sent upon confirmation of booking)
Activities near Lagos
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 10|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Low Season||2 Jan 11||10 Apr 11||£ 1650||£ 240||£ 275||3 Nights|
|Mid Season||10 Apr 11||29 May 11||£ 2400||£ 330||£ 400||3 Nights|
|High Season||29 May 11||25 Sep 11||£ 3250||£ 470||£ 560||3 Nights|
|Mid season||25 Sep 11||30 Oct 11||£ 2400||£ 330||£ 400||3 Nights|
|Low Season||30 Oct 11||18 Dec 11||£ 1650||£ 240||£ 275||3 Nights|
|Festive Season||18 Dec 11||8 Jan 12||£ 2400||£ 330||£ 400||3 Nights|
|Low Season||8 Jan 12||1 Apr 12||£ 1750||£ 255||£ 290||3 Nights|
|Mid Season||1 Apr 12||3 Jun 12||£ 2600||£ 360||£ 430||3 Nights|
|High Season||3 Jun 12||30 Sep 12||£ 3600||£ 520||£ 620||3 Nights|
|Mid Season||30 Sep 12||28 Oct 12||£ 2400||£ 360||£ 430||3 Nights|
|Low Season||28 Oct 12||23 Dec 12||£ 1750||£ 255||£ 290||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
- Rates allow for the fact that the development is not yet fully completed
- Cleaning costs vary per booking and option required (please contact for further details)
- Pool / jacuzzi heating at extra cost (please contact for further details)
- We can accept payments by bank transfer in either Pounds Sterling or EurosEnquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
4 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2009. This villa has so far received no reviews.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.