from £39 /night help
House | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Small house with three floors located in the Historic Center of Lagos, walking distance of restaurants, shops, nightlife, beach, Marina and cultural/historic points of interest. Level one: kitchen and small living room; Level two: bathroom and master bedroom; Level three: lounge area, double bed and small terrace with barbecue overlooking the city. The house is equipped with washing machine, tv, radio and cd player.
In 2012, travel website TripAdvisor, classified Lagos as the number 1 travel destination, on a list of 15 destinations on the rise worldwide.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Meia Praia and Praia da batata|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||70 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
The Algarve region
The Algarve is the southernmost region of mainland Portugal. In the 1960s the Algarve became a very popular destination for tourists.
In addition to the natural beauties and plenty of beaches, the Algarve has invested in the creation of a network of golf courses.
Well-known beaches in the Algarve range from Praia da Marinha to Lagos.
The Algarve is a popular destination for tourism, primarily because of its beaches, Mediterranean climate, safety, cuisine and relatively low costs. Accommodation in the Algarve ranges from high rise resorts in places like Vilamoura to traditional guesthouses, located in the small towns and villages surrounding the Algarve coast.
Algarve is famous for its pottery and ceramics, particularly hand-painted pottery and azulejos or tiles.
In 2012, travel website TripAdvisor, classified Lagos as the number 1 travel destination, on a list of 15 destinations on the rise worlwide.
Lagos as a population of 22000 residents and is one of the most visites cities in the Algarve and Portugal, is also a Historic Centre of Portuguese Age of Discovery.
Lagos has many natural interest sites, including:
• Ponta da Piedade (English: Mercy Point)
• Grutas da Costa d'Oiro (English: Golden Coast Grottos)
• Laguna de Alvor (English: Lagoon of Alvor)
• Mata Nacional de Barão de S.João (English: National Forest of the Baron of Saint John),
Lagos has also lovely:
• Meia Praia (Half Beach) —the most popular tourist beach, consisting of soft, white sand, Meia Praia is one of the largest open bays in Europe, resulting in calm seas, permitting conditions for many nautical sports, while cliffs provide sheltered coves from strong windy conditions;
• Praia Solaria (Sunny Beach);
• Praia da Batata (Potato Beach) — a small beach tucked between two small cliffs (where the river meets the Atlantic Ocean), it is known for the small music festivals that take place there during summer;
• Praia dos Estudantes (Students' Beach);
• Praia da Dona Ana (Dona Ana Beach) -its areal is slightly thicker than the beaches in the surrounding area and it is surrounded by striking rock formations. At high tide the beach is split by the geomorphology of the cliffs;
• Praia do Porto Mós (Harbor Beach of millstones);
• Praia do Canavial (Canavial Beach);
• Praia de Camilo (Camilo Beach);
• Praia da Luz (Beach of Light) - located in the parish of Luz, the beach is bounded in the east by Rocha Negra (English: Black Rock), providing summer vactioners with a popular escape during the summer.
• Chapel/Hermitage of São João Baptista (Portuguese: Capela/Ermida de São João Baptista)
• Church of Nossa Senhora do Carmo (Portuguese: Igreja da Nossa Senhora do Carmo)
• Church of Nossa Senhora da Luz (Portuguese: Igreja da Nossa Senhora da Luz)
• Church of Odiáxere (Portuguese: Igreja de Odiáxere)
• Church of Santa Maria (Portuguese: Igreja de Santa Maria/da Misericórdia)
• Church of Santo António (Portuguese: Igreja de Santo António)
• Bulwark of Alcaria/Freiras (Portuguese: Baluarte da Alcaria/das Freiras)
• Bulwark of Porta dos Quartos (Portuguese: Baluarte da Porta dos Quartos)
• Bulwark of Santa Maria/Porta da Vila (Portuguese: Baluarte de Santa Maria/da Porta da Vila)
• Bulwark of São Francisco/Jogo da Bola (Portuguese: Baluarte de São Francisco/do Jogo da Bola)
• Castle of Senhora da Luz (Portuguese: Castelo da Senhora da Luz)
• Fort of Meia Praia (Portuguese: Forte da Meia Praia)
• Fort of Ponta da Bandeira (Portuguese: Forte da Ponta da Bandeira) - also known as the Forte do Pau da Bandeira,
• Fort of Pinhão (Portuguese: Forte do Pinhão)
• Military Barracks of Lagos (Portuguese: Edifício Militar em Lagos/Trem de Artilharia)
• Musketeers' Workshop/Warehouse and Saddlery (Portuguese: Edifício Oficina do Espingardeiro)
• Regimental Warehouse/Church of São Brás (Portuguese: Armazém Regimental e Desparecido Igreja de São Brás)
• Tower of Atalaia (Portuguese: Torre da Atalaia)
• Walled/Tower Fortifications of Lagos (Portuguese: Muralhas e Torreões de Lagos)
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
12 Oct 2014
"Excellent house, excellent location for Lagos"
Had a great week at Cozy House. The roof terrace was a delight and we spent many pleasant ours enjoying it!We planned to stay in a property located inside the Old Town, so even in lower season, the a… More
30 May 2014
"Wonderful house in excellent location"
Having stayed in an apartment in the old town before we were delighted to find a house there & we weren't disappointed, Cozy House is spotlessly clean in a great location with everything you need… More
21 Aug 2013
"Beautiful authentic house in the centre of Lagos!"
When we came in the house we knew that our stay in Lagos was going to be perfect. 2 big bedrooms (1 of them even has a hammock), a nice bathroom, an equipped kitchen and even a rooftop terrace (it was… More
You're booking with
80% Response rate
Calendar last updated:11 Jan 2015
Based in Portugal
- Faro District
- 8005 properties
- Praia da Luz
- 59 properties
- Gale Beach
- 42 properties
- Pinheiros Altos
- 10 properties
- Lakeside Village Quinta do Lago
- 6 properties