The Coach House
from £100 /night help
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Availability Your dates are available
House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
The Coach House is a unique detached former coaching house to the Old Vicarage. Surrounded by open fields and woodland, with fabulous views to the Marlborough Downs, perfect for long walks perfect for long walks and total relaxation.
Enormous open-plan main reception room (30ft x 16ft) with kitchen area at one end and wood burning stove at the other. Large comfy sofas and chairs to relax in, a table and chairs for dining. A huge glass window replaces the original entrance allowing the sun to flood the room with light and enhance the view of the original cobbled court yard.
Downstairs there is also a study room with single French day bed and seperate loo and sink.
Huge Master bedroom wih 6ft bed, en-suite bathroom and french windows opening onto balcony. LargeTwin bedroom with en-suite shower wet room also with matching balcony. Lie in bed and watch the sunrise and in the evening, the moon appear over the beautiful Wiltshire countryside.
Fabulous walks or cycle rides straight from the property, even to the local pub! Almost daily sightings of wild deer, birds such as pheasant and woodpecker and if up early enough the crafty fox!
Enjoy use of the tennis court or relax on sun loungers by the out door pool within its' own secluded walled garden.
Free range eggs for sale and in spring see the new born lambs frolicking in the field.
Delicious homemade cake and tea on arrival, with a bottle of wine ready chilled in the fridge.
Freshly made beds with 100%cotton linen from The White Company
Well behaved dogs are welcome!
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bristol 60 km, Nearest railway: Chippenham|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Pool or snooker table, Games room, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Single beds (3), Cots (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
- Beds made with beautiful 100% cotton linen from 'The White Company'.
- Soft cotton towels.
- A pair of soft cotton towelling robes.
- Free logs for woodburning stove.
- Underfloor heating throughout the property.
- Downstairs study with day-bed suitable for one person.
- Downstairs loo with beautiful round stone basin.
- Storage room for bikes, boots or to dry off wet dogs.
- The games room with pool table, table football and exercise bike table are available for use by arrangement with ourselves.
|Further details outdoors|
- Large secluded south facing graveled 'terrace area with steps leading to garden area and onto large open field suitable for ball games.
- BBQ, Table, chairs and umbrella.
- Tennis Court (3-5pm mon-fri or by arrangement and we are extremely flexible).
- The swimming pool is set within its' own completely sheltered and secluded walled garden also making it extremely safe. It is covered by a solar thermal cover which heats the pool quickly to a very respectable temperature. We have the ability to top the temperature up using an oil boiler and will do so at our discretion and if requested, depending on demand and the weather. (It is available for use 3-5pm mon-fri May-Sept, or by arrangement with ourselves, again we can be extremely flexible).
- Games room with Pool Table, Table football and Programmable Exercise Bike for use by arrangement.
- Fresh herbs and vegetables should be available!.
- Ample parking
Pets are welcome but not allowed upstairs or on the furniture.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like any more information or have any queries regarding the pool or any of the other facilities on offer.
+++ 20% DISCOUNT FOR A COUPLE BOOKING TO STAY MARCH/APRIL/MAY excluding Easter +++
About this location
The Wiltshire region
-The Coach House is set in rural Wiltshire within 5 min drive of Bowood Estate owned by the Earl of Lansdowne with its' Championship Golf course, Spa, children's adventure play ground and 5 star restaurant.
- Devizes is a 10 minute drive away. Here you will find the famous Caen Hill Flight of Canal Locks. The Kennet and Avon Canal runs through Devizes and it is possible to bicycle East to Pewsey and beyond with various pubs along the route or to Bath and beyond going West! Or rent a canal boat and cruise along at a more gentle pace of life. There is the Palace one screen Cinema with various film showings per day. Wadworths brewery famous for Six-X bitter and has free Visitor Centre – see the only Shire Horses still in use for beer delivery in the area.
Devizes even offers a Ghost Walk tour!
- The world famous Georgian City of Bath is approximately 15 miles west (approx 30 min drive). Definitely worth a visit! Here you will find the Roman Baths, wonderful shops nestled in ancient alleyways, Restaurants (including Jamie Oliver!), the Theatre Royal frequently offering West End shows and various cinemas. The thermal Bath Spa is relatively new to Bath and offers relaxing treatments plus being able to relax in the roof top pool overlooking the beautiful city. There really is something here to cater for everyone’s need!
Don't miss a weekend Christmas shopping and trip to the festive Bath Christmas Market 22nd Nov - 9th Dec 2012 situated right outside Bath Abbey and The Roman Baths.
For balloon enthusiasts enjoy an early morning or evening trip rising from the centre of Bath including a glass of Champagne! With a favourable breeze the balloons frequently fly in our direction and sometimes land in the adjacent fields.
The famous Bristol Four Day International Balloon Fiesta is held 9-12th August 2012 and a great day out. Set in the rolling parkland of Ashton Court, Bristol (approx 40 mins by car) where you can see over 100 hot air balloons of every shape and size!
- The world renowned Westonbirt Arboretum is 20 miles by car, and in early spring comes to life with its daffodils followed by the bluebells, wonderful rohodendrons, camellias, azaleas and other flowering trees.
Late September, October and November are some of the best months to visit with its spectacular display of autumn colours.
During the summer months 2012 there are concerts including Razorlights, The Darkness, Will Young and for the more classically inclined Alfie Boe and his special guest Laura Wright.
The end of November and through December, there is an illuminated trail where you can walk through the enchanted wood, see Father Christmas and little ones can help Santa find his reindeer; join local choirs and sing carols, eat roasted chestnuts with mulled wine!
- Longleat Safari & Adventure Park (approx 40mins by car), open year round and endless attracions offering boat trips, hand-feeding the giraffes, the brand new Gorilla Colony, the Jungle Express Train.
In December take the Santa Express train to Father Chrismas, skate on real ice and see the dazzing Christmas tree.
- Visit the neolithic henge monument of Avebury with three its' three stone circles . One of the best known pre-historic sites in Britain and largest stone circle in Europe. Walk around the stones, the village and then visit local pub for a refreshing drink! A short distance away are the even older monuments of West Kennet Long Barow and Silbury Hill.
Lacock is a short drive away, or about an hours walk or 30 min bike ride (depending on energy levels!) A National Trust Village famous for numerous television shoots including Sense and Sensibility, Harry Potter and Larkrise to Candleford. Lacock Abbey wth the Fox Talbot Museum is well worth a visit.
There are several very good pubs including the Red Lion, The George Inn and of course the Sign of the Angel restaurant with its Finest English Cooking.
Other excellent pubs locally to us include The George, Sandy Lane, The Westbrook a walk across the fields, The George and Dragon in Rowde. Only 8 miles to Marco Pierre Whites' The Pear Tree at Whitley!
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
2 Dec 2014
"A must stay location!!!!"
We just spent a fabulous long weekend at the coach house.Fiona and Mathew went above and beyond to make our stay spectacular.The pictures do not do justice to how beautiful a spot this is...We had tha… More
Thank you so much for your kind words. So great you were able to enjoy Thanksgiving here with so many of your family and had a great time.
4 Nov 2014
"An idyllic retreat"
We stayed here for 10 nights in September with our 2 children (age 10 & 12) and could not have been happier with our choice. Cosy, characterful and well equipped accommodation; great location; friendl… More
6 Jul 2014
Perfect for our needs. Beautiful place, lovingly designed and decorated. Wine and muffins on arrival, great. Really helpful, friendly hosts, fabulous dogs and really loved shaming ourselves on the ten… More
Thank you SO much for your kind words and chuffed you all enjoyed your weekend. Impressed by your hearty walk to Lacock and back!
6 May 2014
Beautiful cottage, highly recommended. Fiona was incredibly helpful throughout the booking process and during our stay. The children loved the outdoor space, farm animals and the very friendly dogs. Great location. We will be visiting again. Thank you!
27 Mar 2014
Comfortable accommodation, one of the warmest we have stayed in. Its location is idyllic in fabulous countryside with lovely views from the bedroom windows. Fiona, the owner, was attentive and concerned to ensure the stay was a success without being intrusive. The accommodation was excellent, large airy rooms, slept very well in the very comfortable beds, lovely large ensuite bathrooms one with shower one with bath. I would not hesitate to recommend the Coach House to family and friends and given the opportunity would stay again. The location was ideal for visiting various interesting local towns and villages. Shops etc very close by, lovely local walks from the cottage and lots of nice pubs near by.
18 Mar 2014
From the lovely welcoming gifts of prosecco, homemade muffins and jam to the fresh flowers in every room, the REN products and the gorgeous White Company bedding the Coach House is just perfect! Beaut… More
Thank you so much for your review. It was lovely to meet you and your two sisters. First guests this year to be sitting outside in the sunshine!
14 Mar 2014
"Perfect cottage in Wiltshire"
The Coach House proved to be the perfect cottage for our weekend break. Open plan downstairs was well equipped and very comfortable with under floor heating. The 2 large bedrooms were light and airy w… More
Thank you so much for your kind words and it was lovely to meet you all.
10 Mar 2014
"Second visit - and definetly not the last"
We first went to the Coach House to celebrate our engagement. This was our second visit and this time for my birthday. It is a beautiful and tastefully decorated property - the owners have many old pi… More
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. It was lovely to see you both now happily married and hope to see you again soon.
9 Dec 2013
"What a perfect place!"
I don't usually write reviews, but after such a wonderful weekend I feel compelled to spread the word. The house is beautiful and full of character with every comfort thought of - it was a real t… More
Thank you so much for your kind words; it was lovely to meet you both.
6 Oct 2013
Our stay at the Coach House was absolutely fantastic. My husband and I and our two young sons absolutely adored the house, Fiona and Matthew and of course the beloved dog Mingulay! My children miss … More
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
90% Response rate
Calendar last updated:24 Mar 2015
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site