La Rochelle vacation rental Les Dimeries
from £27 /night help
Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
Self catering or bed and breakfast for 2 persons with garden, 10 minutes from La Rochelle and Ile de Ré
We fell in love with La Rochelle and Ile de Ré when we arrived in the region in 2004. If you wish, we will be happy to inform you the best sights and to share our experience, based on the things we enjoy and our favorite spots like photo, migratory birds, sea fishing....
Our B&B is located in a part of our house but it has a separate entrance.
It is functional, well insulated, overlooking the garden where you can dine in the shade of a maritime pine.
It consists of:
- 1 living room with kitchenette,
- 1 bedroom with shower & handbasin,
- 1 toilet.
Towels & linens are provided.
The cottage is non-smoking (smoking outside is OK)
Detailed comfort :
Furniture, appliances & various utensils provided are of high quality & almost brand new. Here is the detailed list:
SITTING ROOM + KITCHEN
- 1 sofa bed (double)
- 1 coffee table
- 1 flat screen LED 24" TV with English channels + 1 TV stand
- fast WiFi
- 2 hotplates
- coffee maker
- assortment of dishes
- basic groceries (salt, pepper, oil, vinegar ...)
BEDROOM + SHOWER
- 1 double bed - 2 Pillows 60x60 - 1 Duvet - linens provided
- 2 + 2 bedside lamps
- 1 shower + 1 handbasin and mirror
- two bath towels & two handtowels
- 1 table - 2 chairs - 2 recliners
- Weber BBQ grill available
- Safe car parking right in front of the house
- clothes washing available
- breakfast on request (extra cost)
Local activities :
-old port and towers, aquarium
-ferry crossings to the islands of Aix and Oleron via Fort Boyard
- city and its many shopping arcades
- museums, parks, outdoor cafes and brasseries by the sea
- street entertainment on summer evenings
Island of Ré:
- beaches, villages and port
- fishing, kitesurfing, sailing, etc..
- bike trails, bird sanctuaries
Marais poitevin :
- picturesque villages
- walking or cycling along the many canals
- visit the marsh by boat
- picturesque canal between La Rochelle and Marans (via Dompierre-sur-Mer) along which you can stroll or bike
Nearby activities :
- Kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, standup paddleboards
- Fishing and shellfish collection
- Sea kayaking
- francofolies music concert in July
- visits to monuments
- La Palmyre Zoo
- Horse riding
- Street entertainment in summer
- Grand Pavois boat show in September
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Les Minimes 10 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: La Rochelle Laleu 10 km, Nearest railway: La Rochelle 10 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 2|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
The Poitou-Charentes region
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
2 Dec 2014
De passage pour le marathon de La Rochelle, nous sommes restés une nuit seulement. Ce petit studio est bien pensé, tout y est très fonctionnel, et pour ne rien gâcher la décoration est soignée. … More
4 Nov 2014
"A taste of the French life"
We stayed at Les Dimeries for a week, the living / cooking area was compact but we managed to cook in every night. The bedroom was more spacious with a really good shower. We had access to a large gar… More
1 Jul 2014
"Great place to stay- near lots of attractions"
Had a lovely stay here. Claude & Alain were so helpful & kind. The apartment was fitted with all we needed & we enjoyed time & BBQs in their garden. The local village is only a 5 minute walk away &… More
14 Apr 2014
"Accueil et cadre agréable !!"
Je vous recommande le gîte de Claude et alain qui est très confortable on se sent comme à la maison Claude et Alain sont des hôtes très gentils et accueillant n'hésitez pas aller leur rendr… More
Nous sommes heureux que le séjour vous ait plu. Vous avez été des hôtes charmants et très sympathiques. Nous avons été ravis de faire votre connaissance. A une prochaine fois peut-être.
Claude et Alain
23 Oct 2013
"Charming, Cozy, Perfect Location"
My husband and I stayed 3 nights in this perfectly charming apartment in September. We loved everything about it. It is stocked with everything you need and thoughtfully decorated. The location is p… More
22 Oct 2013
"Simple, comfortable, convenient"
I stayed in Claude and Alain's apartment for a week during a visit to the La Rochelle region parking my car right outside, and was made to feel very welcome. My French is almost non-existent but … More
19 Oct 2013
"Lovely, quiet B&B"
This is a quiet, clean B&B with modern amenities. Alain and Claude are warm, wonderful people who could not possibly have been any more welcoming. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.… More