Ski Chalet | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 10
Our apartments in Les Granges are located one minute away from the main chairlift and one minute away from the village centre. This stunning apartment is a duplex with an upstairs and downstairs and is on the third (top) floor with has spectacular views over the Tarentaise valley. It has four bedrooms and can sleep up to 10 people but is ideal for 8 (88m2).
• Two double bedrooms (one downstairs)
• Two twin bedrooms (one downstairs)
• Additionally there is extra sleeping accommodation under the eaves upstairs with a sofa bed and single pull out bed and this has a fold out screen that gives some privacy
• Bathroom with bath and overhead shower, sink (downstairs
• Shower room with sink (upstairs)
• Two separate toilets one downstairs and one upstairs
• Large living room with spectacular views over the Tarentaise valley and of Mont Blanc with large sofa and table which can seat 8 comfortably but can seat 10 although its a tight squeeze!
• All furniture authentic French pine
• Fully fitted kitchen with full size oven , microwave, fridge with freezer box, 4 ring hob and full size dishwasher
• Ski Locker
• TV, DVD player and stereo
• IPOD docking station and speakers
• Large balcony with spectacular views
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 4 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Chambery 125 km, Nearest railway: Aime 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (6), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details outdoors|
The chalet is located in a small chalet directly in the centre of the village. It is built in the local Savoyard style
The Rhone/French Alps region
The Vanoise Express is a spectacular double-decker cable car, linking La Plagne and Les Arcs. The result is Paradiski, one of the world’s biggest skiing areas.
The numbers are boggling: all told, there are no less than 242 pistes, 425km, 35 black, 66 red, 129 blue and 12 green, plus 4 snowparks and one halfpipe. They are serviced by 134 lifts, with lower slopes at 1200 metres yielding to the glaciers at 3250 metres; so skiing is assured throughout the season. Quite simply, there’s no excuse to be bored on a Mountain Heaven holiday.
For snowboarders La Plagne is also well-served, with a permanent half pipe in Plagne Bellecote, a snow park in Belle–Plagne and a snowboarding area with sound system in Montchavin/Les Coches and Champagny en Vanoise. For cross country skiers, Plagne Montalbert offers 90km of marked trails including tremendous scenic forest trails and access to several high level routes.
We provide a ski hosting service so we can show you the area
Unlike the ugly apartment blocks that dominate many of the ski resorts in the French Alps, Plagne Montalbert is delightfully unspoilt; a daily treat from glistening dawn to glowing sunset over the pine forests. It remains a traditional, friendly, village surrounded by stunning scenery: the Tarentaise valley to one side, Mont Blanc and surrounding mountains to the other.
Christmas and New Year in Montalbert is a wonderful time with torch light skiing, firework displays and parties. On Christmas Eve they have a great street festival with Father Christmas being drawn on a sleigh surrounded by all the ski instructors with flaming torches and the old church in the centre of the village has a real nativity scene which last year even featured a real baby, donkey and other animals!