Chalet | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Chalet Sorbiers is a detached, traditional style, timber Chocolate Box Chalet. It is perfectly positioned on the edge of the forests just above the mountain village of Les Coches, a vibrant ski station, at the heart of the Paradiski area. As night falls the lights from the surrounding mountain villages make for a magical setting to your holiday. The views from this chalet are stunning with Mont Blanc and the Alps stretching into the distance.
The village of Les Coches has an extremely friendly ambiance, there are no ugly high-rise apartment blocks, the architecture has been carefully controlled to provide a picturesque wood and stone mountain village with a car free centre.
The Chalet is not far from the piste, with easy access to the Village for ski hire, ski school meeting points, shops, bars, restaurants and the crèche. There is a small Supermarket, Butcher and Boulangerie in the Village who will deliver direct to your chalet. An excellent Pizza takeaway, with a free delivery service, so you can order your food by phone in English or French, a menu is in the Chalet Information brochure which will be delivered to the Chalet and you can than settle down for a quiet evening by the fire!
There is also a company who will deliver food already prepared and all you have to do it pop it in the over. They also offer a food shopping service. There are many restaurants and bars in the Village.
When it comes to the Skiing that is what this Chalet is all about, one chair lift up is all that is needed to ski to the link to Les Arcs. The nearest chair lift is only 200 metres ski away and you can normally ski back almost right to the Chalet door!
The chalet accommodation sleeps up to 8 people with 3 bedrooms consisting of:
• Ski boot room
• Washing machine
• Comfortable cosy lounge/dining room with balcony
• Double Sofa Bed
• Wood burning stove
• Fully fitted open plan kitchen with access to the terrace
• Shower room, hand basin and wc
• Bedroom 1 : twin bedroom
• Bedroom 2 : twin bedroom
• Bedroom 3 : double bedroom
• Shower room, hand basin and wc
This beautiful Chalet is privately owned, individually furnished and equipped to a good standard. The Chalet has French TV, DVD player, books and selection of games.
There is 1 parking space in front of the chalet.
We supply all the bed linen and towels. It is a good idea to bring slippers or indoor shoes. Please note this is a non-smoking chalet, however you are welcome to smoke on the terrace outside. Sorry no pets allowed.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||150 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Chambery 1.5 hrs / lyon / grenoble / geneva 2.15 h, Nearest railway: Landry 10 mins / bourg st maurice 20 mins|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details outdoors||
There is 1 parking space just in front of the chalet
The Rhone/French Alps region
SKIING & BOARDING
Our chalets and apartment are in the heart of the Paradiski area (420km of piste) offering more than enough variety for any level of skier or snowboarder. The Paradiski area comprises of the 2 huge ski areas of La Plagne and Les Arcs linked by the Vanoise Express cable car. Montchavin-Les Coches is perfectly placed in the centre giving quick and easy access to both areas.
The Paradiski area has something for everybody. For beginners there are two local areas specifically designed for you in Les Coches with nursery slopes separated from, but next to, one of the tree lined runs, which leads back to the chalet. A network of snow cannons on the lower slopes ensures that you will normally be able to ski back home.
The wide blues and reds of the Paradiski area are perfect for intermediates and the blacks on the Bellcôte Glacier and Aiguille Rouge are testing enough for any advanced skier or boarder. The famous off-piste route down the North Face of the Bellcôte Peak is well worth experiencing - you will need a qualified guide to show the way, we can vouch for the fact that it is awesome.
This is a great area for boarders, beginners and experts alike. There are some fantastic cruisy blues to get you started, a great off-piste playground, half pipe, board parks and boarder cross.
The size of the Paradiski area (one of the largest ski areas in the world) means there are plenty of day trips visiting other linked ski stations such as Les Arcs, Villaroger, Montalbert and Champagny. If 425km isn’t enough for you we are also only a 50 minutes drive from both Val d’Isere/Tignes and the 3 Vallees (one day in each is included in the Decouverte and the Paradiski pass).
We are situated in the mountain village of Les Coches. Les Coches and Montchavin has its own ski area at the heart of the massive Paradiski area of La Plagne/Les Arcs.
Les Coches is a village of traditional style buildings with a combination of old world character and contemporary comfort, with a few local restaurants and bars. There are 2 bars and 1 night club open till late for those of you who can dance until 4am!
Montchavin is an authentic Savoyarde village and a vibrant ski station. As night falls the village lights make for a magical setting in this picturesque mountain village. Access by vehicle to the centre of the village is strictly controlled which means there is very little noise to disturb the tranquillity.
• 4 bars offering music and occasional live bands
• Last One Pub : open till 2am, live music normally every Wednesday from 6-8pm
• Roxor : open till 4am, live music normally mid week from 9.30pm
• Joker : open till 4am, lively dutch/german bar
• La Pose : quiet après-ski bar
• 4 restaurants
• La Monchu : French bistro
• L’Hors Piste : French bistro
• L’Origan : Pizza & Crepes
• La Pose : Pizza and French bistro
• Butcher : offers pre-made tarteflette etc, roast chicken. Also offers ingredients and equipment for fondu, meat on a hot stone, raclette
• Spar : deliveries for free to your apartment when you spend more that 50€
• Delicatessen – locally produced cheese. Plus the ingredients and material for fondu, meat on a hot stone, raclette
• Snack bar with beef burgers, panini etc
• 7 ski hire shops most selling clothing as well
• Newsagent offering souvenirs
• Souvenir and pottery shop
• Ice Skating Rink
• Games and Activities in the square throughout the week
• 1 night club :
• Seven : open till 4am
• 2 Bars :
• Camp de Base : open till 2am
• Dos Ronds : open till 2am
• 4 Restaurants :
• Moulin a Poivre : Pizza & French Bistro
• Ferme de Yeti : Pizza & French Bistro
• Dos Ronds : French Bistro with a twist
• Zacotta : Pizza
• Shops :
• Delicatessen : locally produced cheese. Plus the ingredients and material for fondu, meat on a hot stone, raclette
• Newsagent / Tabac
• 5 ski hire shops some selling cloths as well
• Souvenir shops
• Cinema : normally English speaking film once a week.
There is a bus linking Montchavin and Les Coches on the cinema nights
• Bob Raft on Olympic Bob Sleigh Run
• Snow Shoe Trails and Guided Walks
• Reading on the Terrace …….. G&T optional!