from £48 /night help
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Availability Your dates are available
House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
You will be astonished by its location, its size, its decoration, its equipment, its balcony/terrace , its quietness and its rental price.
Located in the heart of the village of Ste-Marie, just on the village square, you can have warm croissant and bread every day !
Very well equipped, modern, spacious, astute mix up of taste and charm, all ingredients for making good souvenirs of your holidays.
The atypic entrance by the old forge give room enough to park your bikes and any child push-chair in a safe place.
High ceiling, beams, parquet, white walls, sea side furnitured are the master points of this "exotic" accommodation in the Ile de re style.
Large three-roomed of 70m2 + 11m2 of Balcony-terrace
Two bedroom with 2 double beds (+ folding bed and cot if necessary).
All the child welfare at disposal.
All the child welfare at disposal.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||700 meters|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: LA ROCHELLE 11 km, Nearest railway: LA ROCHELLE 18 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
About this location
The Poitou-Charentes region
Old stones, lighthouses, zoo, gardens…. A large number of sites are open to you to tell you the story of Charente-Maritime, marked by the sea, history, voyage, adventure, and a touch of the exotic …
- Fort Boyard, veritable stone vessel right in the middle of the straits, halfway between the Ile d'Aix and the Ile d'Oléron.
- La Rochelle Aquarium to dream, understand and learn about the sea in one of the largest aquariums in Europe.
- Le Zoo de la Palmyre, (Palmyre zoo): with 1600 animals, it is the largest zoo park of France and one of the most interesting in Europe, where you can meet animals from all over the world.
- Le chantier de l'Hermione (Hermione shipyard) in Rochefort: the frigate that Lafayette boarded in 1780 and rebuilt today using traditional naval construction techniques, and identical in every way.
- Le Phare des Baleines (Lighthouse of the Whales) on the Ile de Ré gives you an exceptional view over the Conche des Baleines (Whale Cove) from the height of its 257 steps.
- The Chassiron lighthouse sur on the Ile d'Oléron rewards you for climbing its 227 steps with a view of the East Coast of the island and Boyard Fort in the distance,
- Les Jardins du Monde (Gardens of the World) in Royan, where you can experience a life-size adventure in the middle of a tropical greenhouse of orchids, the Labyrinthe des Brumes and a Japanese garden
- Le Paléosite in Saint Césaire, interactive prehistory centre, offering an amazing voyage in search of the Neanderthals, with Pierrette, a young Neanderthal girl discovered in 1979 on this very site,
- La Halle aux Vivres in Brouage, a superb recently restored building, the largest of the citadel
- Les Tours de La Rochelle, (La Rochelle Towers), guards of the entrance to the old port since the 14th century and witnesses to an eventful past.
- The Domaine du Chaillaud and the Parc Botanique Deau (Deau Botanical Gardens) in Saint-Andre-de-Lidon.
Welcome to a unique world of perfumes and colours!
Ile de Ré is a captivating island set off the west coast of France next to the city of La Rochelle. Ile de Ré is a chic location with a background of picturesque harbours, restaurants and long white sandy beaches. Cycle paths cover the island and the narrow streets of the 10 villages make foot or bicycle the best way to get around. The island is 19km long and 6km wide and is joined to the mainland by a spectacular 3km bridge which touches down in La Rochelle with its impressive ports and old town.
Ile de Ré is a captivating island set off the west coast of France next to the city of La Rochelle. Ile de Ré is a chic location with a background of picturesque harbours, restaurants and long white sandy beaches. Cycle paths cover the island and the narrow streets of the 10 villages make foot or bicycle the best way to get around. The island is 35km long and 5km wide and is joined to the mainland by a spectacular 3km bridge which touches down in La Rochelle with its impressive ports and old town.
Ile de Re shares the privilege with the Cote d'Azur of being one of the sunniest regions of France. Its climate is mild, and the temperature almost never goes below freezing. Its vegetation is surprisingly southern, almost Mediterranean. Pine trees and palms grow there easily, and the glare of the white houses against the deep blue sky irresistibly evokes some Greek village adrift on the Atlantic Ocean.
A flat, fragrant, family friendly holiday spot. it's criss-crossed by an extensive network (160km) of cycle paths which wind through fields full of poppies, pine forests, pretty French villages, past fishing harbours, salt pans and oyster farms. It's also celebrated for its endless sandy beaches backed by powdery dunes. The island feels like the France, or rather the 'seaside' of yesteryear. It is the perfect place for running barefoot along the shore, playing hide and seek in the sand dunes, picking your way through rock pools and picnics on the sand.
Strict building regulations have meant that even new properties have to stick to the low-slung whitewashed-with-green-shutters look. However, the chic shops and waterfront restaurants of the fishing villages give it a very French maritime sophistication.
STE MARIE/LA NOUE:
The cottage is located in La Noue on the outskirts of St Marie de Ré. It is a quiet, tranquil setting. La Noue village square has its own produce market, offering high quality fresh fish and locally farmed oysters, cheese and patisserie. Everything is within walking distance including three restaurants, bakery, bike hire, small morning market and newsagent. There is a Supermarket in Saint Marie.You can relax at the Spa centre L'Atalante or go horseback riding, tennis, sailing, windsurfing, surfing or biking. Numerous biking routes also ideal for jogging.The Saint Marie/La Noue area is suited to those who enjoy walks through the vineyards and village life rather than those who prefer the more urban/commercial attractions of La Flotte or Saint-Martin. Sainte Marie has been awarded Staion Verte a national label awarded to French nature and green tourism.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
16 Sep 2014
"Brilliant apartment, would stay again"
A very spacious apartment with full mod cons and many unusual and individual decorative features. There was only 2 of staying and we had more than enough space, but even with 4 staying you could find … More
22 Jun 2014
"A place to fall in love with!"
I knew nothing of Il de Re when I booked our holiday, a friend had recommended the island as "Paradise in one place" so took her word for it. It did not disappoint. We found the gite on the … More