About the home
PLEASE ONLY ENQUIRE IF YOU ARE SERIOUS - WE HAVE TO PAY PER ENQUIRY!
This beautifully decorated and furnished property has been finished to an excellent standard. It has a light, large double bedroom with built in wardrobes, a very spacious bathroom with double shower cubicle, bath, bidet, WC and sink.
The kitchen suite is of an excellent standard and well equipped. There is an open plan living/dining area with ample space for entertaining. This opens onto a good sized terrace which has a spiral staircase leading up to a stunning private roof terrace with fabulous views over the bay, an ideal spot for soaking up the sun!
There is an allocated underground parking bay, and the apartment is accessed via a secure intercom system. Its approximately 10 minutes walk down to the bay of La Herradura where you will find all amenities including small shops, restaurants, tapas bars and cafes, longer walk on the way back up the hill!
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedroom|
|Nearest beach:||La Herradura, 1.5km|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 1km
|Family friendly?||Not suitable for children|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||DVD player, Sea view|
|General:||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||1 Bedroom, 1 family bathroom, Solarium / Roof terrace|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Double beds (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, BBQ|
The Costa Tropical region
The climate in the Costa Tropical is superb - the mild winds from the north of Africa and the warm waters of the Mediterranean Sea, along with the freshness provided by the nearby mountains in Sierra Nevada, create a unique micro climate within Europe. With more than 320 sunny days a year and an average temperature of 20 the Costa Tropical translates as a heavenly place.
Almuñécar, Motril and Salobreña are the most popular destinations among tourists. Its extensive beaches, with thick sand and clear blue waters, have been repeatedly awarded the exclusive eco-label Blue Flag, which confirms the high quality and cleanness of the Costa Tropical shoreline.
These beaches draw thousands of both Spanish and foreign visitors. However, this area does not suffer the problems affecting other regions. The tourism boom that took place in Spain during the 60s and 70s arrived late to the Costa Tropical and that is why it has successfully kept away from becoming a grey urbanized and tourist-stricken land mass like other parts of Spain.
The La Herradura area
La Herradura is one of the few remaining unspoilt villages on the southern cost of Spain and offers a truly Spanish experience. The pueblo of La Herradura (The Horseshoe) takes its name from the shape of the bay it overlooks and enjoys over 2 kilometres of beach. On the eastern arm of the bay is the beautiful headland of Punta De La Mona and, to the west, the dramatic outcrop of the Cerro Gordo.
The village rises from the beach front and has all the essential shops, banks and services one could need. Visitors delight in exploring the local indoor market and indulging in the delicious treats at the village bakery. There are two excellent pharmacies and a local health practice which will assist visitors in need. Larger supermarkets can be found in Almunecar and Nerja. There are numerous friendly bars with sunny terraces, where one can enjoy cooling drinks and tasty tapas. There is a great choice of restaurants, ranging from beachfront chiringitos, specializing in locally caught fish, to those offering international cuisine of a high standard.
Leisure activities. There are numerous possibilities for exciting leisure pursuits in the village. On the beach sailboards, canoes, dinghies, jet skis and pedalos can be hired ...one can even charter a crewed catamaran to explore the coast. La Herradura is a well known centre for scuba diving, and there are several schools offering expert tuition.
Tennis courts can be pre-booked in the village with courts at The Marine del Este, La Terrazas and Las Palomas. Horse riding is also available nearby. Hang gliding is another activity for
which the area is noted, with tuition courses available for beginners through to experts. There are also three golf courses within easy reach, Anorretta, Baviera and Los Mariscos.
Language schools are available for those seeking a more educational holiday, several schools offer intensive short Spanish language courses in the village. There are also classes in painting and creative arts available in the locality.
Winter holidays. La Herradura’s subtropical climate makes for an ideal holiday destination in winter. Sheltered by the local mountain range the average temperatures are usually several degrees warmer than the Costa Del Sol. Special rates can be negotiated for longer stays in winter.
Skiing on the Sierra Nevada is available in the winter months. This is close to Granada, an 80 minute drive. It is said in La Herradura that one can ski in the morning and sunbathe on the playa in the afternoon!
The headland of Cerro Gordo Natural Park, topped by a Moorish watch tower provides several fascinating local walks with fabulous panoramic views west to Malaga and east to Salobreña. There is a wide variety of wild life to be seen, which includes mountain goats, deer and even wild boar.
Cantarrijan Beach, just to the other side of the Cerro Gordo, is one of several naturist beaches in the area and has two excellent restaurants.
West of La Herradura, the coastline towards Nerja is stunningly beautiful, offering unique mountain vistas; a wealth of fascinating flora and fauna; and numerous secluded coves and beaches to explore.
Nerja itself is famous for its underground cave system, the largest in Europe, which hosts an exciting programme of concert performances in its subterranean auditorium during the summer months. The Balcon de Europa forms the focal point in Nerja and is a favourite place for everyone to gather in the long summer evenings, with its many street artists, performers and musicians. Tours of the town can be taken by horse drawn carriage or by the local road train, much loved by the children.
Frigiliana, a charming traditional ‘white’ Andalucian village, lies in the hills above Nerja. With its steep patterned cobbled streets, craft shops and stunning views to the coast it attracts many visitors. There are several traditional restaurants with balconies giving stunning views towards the coast.
Marina Del Este, a short drive to the east of the village of La Herradura, provides stylish mooring for the yachts of the rich and famous. On the quayside there are several art galleries to peruse and many excellent restaurants for that romantic night out.
Pena Escrita Natural Park is a short, but steep, drive into the mountains above the village. There is a wide variety of animals to be seen here in the zoological park, including hippos, bears, monkeys and kangaroos. Indigenous animals, such as the local deer, can also be seen roaming freely on the hillside. Log cabins are available for overnight or weekend stays.
There is a large outdoor pool/lido open during the summer and a restaurant offering many local delicacies. Mountain bike hire and horse riding are also available.
The Alhambra Palace, Granada. It is said that a man who dies without seeing the Alhambra has seen nothing. The Alhambra is the most visited cultural site in Europe and is a rewarding excursion. Due to its popularity it is recommended that tickets are pre-booked through any branch of the BBVA Bank.
The city of Granada is well worth visiting, its beautiful cathedral, the Albayzin and ethnic quarters are all of interest. The best exterior views of the Alhambra are from the Plaza San Nicolas.
The Alpujarras. The mountain area made famous in Chris Stewart’s ’Driving Over Lemons’ lies to the south of Granada and is easily reached from the coast. The three most renowned villages, Bubion, Pampaneira and Capileira are a magnet for tourists and walkers alike, with their abundance of tiny shops selling local crafts and delicacies.
The local Tourist Information office can advise on all activities available in the area.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
We are based in the beautiful Spanish village of La Herradura on the Costa Tropical, in the Province of Granada, Andalucia. The area is served by airports in Malaga, 50 minutes drive away, and in Granada, a 70 minutes drive. The nearest large towns are Almunecar, 4 miles to the east, and the well known resort of Nerja, 7 miles to the west of the village.
The nearest airports to this area are Malaga and Granada and they are served by numerous airlines, Easyjet, Ryanair, Aer Lingus, Thomson and many more.
Car hire is very popular in this region giving customers the flexible to go sightseeing.
Activities near La Herradura
Golf within 30 mins drive
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Jul, Aug||15 Jul 13||16 Sep 13||€ 550||-||-||1 Week|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
BOOKING CONDITIONS COSTA TROPICAL VILLAS
Bookings and Payments
1) A booking is made when the booking form is returned with the payment then due.
2) A 20% deposit must be received with your booking form except when booking less than 6 weeks before departure, in which case the full payment should be made with the booking form. Full payment of the rental is due by the date shown on your confirmation of booking, normally 6 weeks before the letting begins unless specifically agreed. If you fail to make payment on time we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you.
3) When we receive the deposit we will send a receipt and confirm the booking. When we receive the full amount we will send another receipt, together with driving directions and meeting instructions.
4) Fully inclusive price - all services - electricity, cleaning, laundry, local taxes etc. However, excessive use of electricity by way of air conditioning or heating will be taken into account and the difference deducted from the security deposit.
5) The number of persons in occupation must not exceed the number quoted on the booking form, nor can you take your pet into the property unless it has been arranged in advance and confirmed in writing by us. If these rules are not adhered to we can refuse to hand over the property to you or can insist that you leave. We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of booking by you.
Period of letting
6) Guests are asked to arrive after 3pm in order to take up occupation and to leave before 10am on the last day. The property is prepared for the next letting between 10am and 3pm on the day of the changeover.
7) Please note that arrivals after 8 pm incur a €25 charge to be paid in cash on arrival.
8) A security / breakage deposit of £200/€200 for apartments and £300/€300 for villas is payable and we reserve the right to deduct from the breakage deposit any losses, breakages or damages caused to the house or contents during a guest's stay and also for the cost of extra cleaning required if the property is left in an unreasonable state. We will return the security deposit to you after return of keys, subject to no claims being made on the deposit.
Equipment and services
9) Properties are let fully furnished and equipped. The kitchens have gas or electric cooking facilities, refrigerator, sink with hot and cold water, adequate cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery, glasses and other household equipment to a reasonable standard for holiday use and suitable for the maximum number the house is stated to sleep. Indoor furniture and household linen should not be taken out of doors. Umbrellas should always be put down after use- to mitigate any damage in wind and rain. Any failure to adhere to this clause 9 may result in a claim by us on the deposit.
10) Bathrooms have either a shower or a bathtub with hot and cold running water.
11) Bed-linen and bathroom towels are provided and included in the price. Beach/Pool towels are provided in some of the properties – please enquire.
12) A change of bed linen will be provided to clients halfway through their stay for bookings of 14 nights. For bookings over 14 nights a change of bed linen will normally be supplied for the clients to manage. If extra cleaning is required, then an hourly rate can be provided for this.
13) Properties will be clean and in good order when the client takes up occupation and should be left in the same order. Should the property need excessive cleaning after the client's departure – this will be deducted from the security deposit. 14) the cost of any extra cleaning and laundry can be arranged and paid locally by you, via arrangements with ourselves or property manager.
15) The properties are in good condition and we will take all reasonable steps to maintain them in that condition. We cannot be liable for “force majeure” including events outside our control: storm damage, flood, sudden invasion of pests, failure of public utility services, mechanical breakdowns, previous damage by other tenants, for which there is no time to remedy. If, during your holiday, mechanical equipment, such as boilers, refrigerators or pumps break down the owners will make every effort to get the fault put right as soon as possible but we shall have no further liability to the tenant. All the information given in these booking conditions and in the description of properties is given in good faith.
16) The use of the accommodation and any available facility is entirely at the user's risk. Children must be supervised at all times when using the swimming pools (if available to the tenant). Costa Tropical Villas and Apartments accept no responsibility for losses, damages or injuries sustained by any client. All clients are responsible for ensuring they have adequate insurance in place for each person in the holiday group.
17) Cancellations must be made in writing/e-mail. The following penalties will apply according to the date that the letter of cancellation is received:-
45 - 31 days in advance of arrival 50% of the whole fee will be retained.
30 to 15 days in advance of arrival 70% of the whole fee will be retained.
14 to 1 day in advance of arrival 100% of the whole fee will be retained.
18) We reserve the right to cancel a booking and retain the deposit if the balance of the rental is not received on the due date as specified in the confirmation of booking. Time shall be of the essence.
19) We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems/ change of circumstances occur and we do have to make alterations or very occasionally cancel or amend bookings. If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as reasonably practical and inform you. If this is necessary we will endeavour to find similar accommodation for you or refund the full amount paid. In the event that we cancel the booking or find it necessary to make any substantial amendments to the same, such refund if applicable, shall be in full settlement of all claims ( if any) that the tenant may have whether at common law or otherwise.
20) If, during your stay, an unforeseen event should occur that is under our control / liability which means that you have to vacate the property we will re-imburse the cost of the remaining days. Please refer to " exclusions ".
21) In the unlikely event that a client has any problems during their stay, the matter must be reported to us, without delay. If you fail to notify us of any problems arising in respect of the property during your holiday or abandon the property without our agreement we cannot accept liability for any complaints in retrospect. In the unlikely event that we have been unable to resolve the problem to your satisfaction, upon your return from holiday you must write giving us full details – letter/email must be received by us within 14 days of the date that your booking terminates.
Acceptance of booking conditions
22) The returning of the booking form implies that the client has understood these booking conditions and accepts them without exception or reservation. Your statutory rights are not affected.
23) The contract between you and us is governed by the law of Spain and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be dealt with by the Courts of Spain.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the manager
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
2 years listed
You are contacting
Costa Tropical Villas & Apartments (property manager)
The property manager is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2011. This apartment has so far received no reviews.
Verified property manager
This property manager has been verified by our team.
Book direct or online
Payments for this home can be made online on Holiday Lettings or directly to the property manager.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Casa Pava Real in La Herradura, Spain
Casa Stefania in La Herradura, Spain
El Mirador in La Herradura, Spain
Holiday accommodation in Spain (15,671)