Le Gite Tranquille
About the home
Le Gite Tranquille is set in a peaceful location surrounded by fields and orchards. It is an ideal location for country walks or cycling through quiet lanes.
The house has an open plan ground floor, with 2 large sofas, a dining table & chairs and a fully equipped kitchen, with cooker, microwave, dishwasher, toaster and kettle. There is a fridge/freezer and washing machine in the utility room, along with a WC and hand basin.
Upstairs, there are two comfortable bedrooms. One bedroom has a double bed and en-suite shower room, and the other has two single beds and an en-suite bathroom. Both have a small TV and wardrobe space. A third single bed or cot can be added to the twin bedroom.
Outside there is a patio area with comfy chairs, and a table - ideal for an aperitif after a hectic day of siteseeing or sunbathing in the private garden area. There is also a BBQ and sunloungers. The private garden is surrounded by the main gardens which belong to property owners, who live next door and who are always on hand to offer advice about where to visit. These gardens contain a fantastic fruit & vegetable area, along with a large orchard of cherry and walnut trees. There is plenty of space for the children to run around or play football - as well as table tennis and a set of swings.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||La Faute Sur Mer, 45km|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 3km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Internet access, DVD player|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Table tennis, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 en suites|
|Furniture:||Single beds (3), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared garden, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
Further details indoors:
- The house has secure internet access
- The whole house benefits from central heating radiators (Included in price for winter months)
- All bed linens and towels are provided
- A stairgate is provided for the security of your children
Further details outdoors:
- There is a private BBQ area with seating and sun loungers.
- There is off-road parking for your vehicle
- Cycles are available to use at the house
- There is a boules court in the garden
- A car can be loaned to guests without transport, and airport pick-ups can be arranged
- The house is set within a 6000m² garden and orchard
- Heating costs for the winter months are included within the rental price
- Pets are not allowed
- Smoking is only permitted outside
- A 30% deposit is required to secure your reservation, with the remaining 70% being paid 8 weeks prior to the start date of your holiday
- Payment is accpted in Sterling or Euros, by either cheque or direct bank transfer
- A 30% deposit is required to secure the reservation, with the remaining 70% to be paid 8 weeks prior to the holiday.
- A £100 damages deposit is also required, and this will be returned within 2 weeks of your stay.
The Poitou-Charentes / Vendee / Vendee region
Le Gite Tranquille is set on the edge of the peaceful village of La Jousselinière near La Chapelle Themer, only 7km from Sainte Hermine, which has many shops, restaurants and bars. The village of Thiré is only 2km away, where there is a bar & pizzeria open nightly.
The house is in a rural area surrounded by fields and forests - perfect for walking or cycling and the climate is warm - the Vendee is the 2nd sunniest region in France!
The beaches of the Southern Vendee are only a 45 minute drive away and there are many tourist attractions all within an hour's drive.
The La Chapelle-Themer area
Le Gite Tranquille lives up to its name, and you will find many a quiet country lane to walk or cycle along - you will be able to bird watch en route with many birds of prey and migratory birds nesting in the area - we'll even provide the bikes for your days out!
Boating and fishing are available nearby on the lake at St Martin Lars or in the Forest of Mervent. For the more energetic guests, there is horse riding or a swimming pool within 20 minutes and the beaches of the southern Vendée are only 45 minutes drive away.
The Theme Park of Puy du Fou is only a 30 minute drive away and the Marais Poitevin is close by too.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Le Gite Tranquille is located 85 km from Nantes Airport and 65 km from La Rochelle Airport. These airports are served by various budget airlines, such as Ryan Air, Easy Jet, FlyBe and Jet2. Car hire can also be arranged from these airports.
The closest ferry port is St Malo, which is approximately a 3 hour drive away. Cherbourg is 4.5 hours away and Calais is 7 hours away.
Activities near La Chapelle-Themer
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
18 Oct 2012
This gite is in a small village which has been revived by the incoming British. The hosts, Vicky & Martin, take a predominant role in the village life so you will meet a few 'locals',... more
08 Sep 2012
Vicky & Martin were the perfect hosts. Very helpful with advice on where to go and what to do. Lovely fresh vegetables straight from their garden and the table tennis and orchard football was geat... more
04 Jul 2012
Le Gite tranquille was certainly well named. Setting was beautiful, very rural and peaceful. Never heard so much birdsong or seen so many butterflies in one place before.
Welcome was very warm and gite supplied with everything you could need. Martin and Vicky (the owners) were very helpful and kind without being at all intrusive. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Accommodation was very clean and private garden was good
You do need to use a car to reach any shops but if you do not have your own a car is available for you to use.
Would happily stay there again.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 5|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Low Season||29 Sep 12||22 Dec 12||£ 240||-||-||3 Nights|
|Mid Season||22 Dec 12||5 Jan 13||£ 325||-||-||1 Week|
|Low Season||5 Jan 13||30 Mar 13||£ 240||£ 40||£ 40||3 Nights|
|Mid Season||30 Mar 13||4 May 13||£ 325||-||-||1 Week|
|High Season||4 May 13||29 Jun 13||£ 375||-||-||1 Week|
|Peak Season||29 Jun 13||31 Aug 13||£ 450||-||-||1 Week|
|High Season||31 Aug 13||28 Sep 13||£ 375||-||-||1 Week|
|Low Season||28 Sep 13||21 Dec 13||£ 240||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid Season||21 Dec 13||4 Jan 14||£ 325||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
For High and Peak Season, the changeover day is Saturday. Outside of these dates, we can be more flexible.
We require a 30% deposit to secure your reservation, with the remaining 70% being paid 8 weeks prior to the start date of your holiday.
A £100 security deposit is also required against any damages to the property.
Payments can be made in Euros or Sterling, by either cheque or direct bank transfer.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the manager
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
6 years listed
You are contacting
maison lairoux (property manager)
The property manager is based in France and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2007. This gite has received 4 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property manager
This property manager has been verified by our team.
Payments for this home can be made directly to the property manager.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Le Vieux Café in Lairoux, France
L'Ecurie in Lairoux, France
La Maison en Pierre in St Juire Champgillon, France
La Vieille Maison in St Juire Champgillon, France
Holiday homes in France (11,699)