Gite | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Le Gite Tranquille is set in a peaceful location surrounded by fields and orchards. It is an ideal location for country walks or cycling through quiet lanes.
The house has an open plan ground floor, with 2 large sofas, a dining table & chairs and a fully equipped kitchen, with cooker, microwave, dishwasher, toaster and kettle. There is a fridge/freezer and washing machine in the utility room, along with a WC and hand basin.
Upstairs, there are two comfortable bedrooms. One bedroom has a double bed and en-suite shower room, and the other has two single beds and an en-suite bathroom. Both have a wardrobe and side tables. A third single bed or cot can be added to the twin bedroom.
Outside there is a patio area with comfy chairs, and a table - ideal for an aperitif after a hectic day of sightseeing or sunbathing in the private garden area. There is also a BBQ, al fresco dining table & chairs and sunloungers. The private garden is surrounded by the main gardens which belong to property owners, who live next door and who are always on hand to offer advice about where to visit. These gardens contain a fantastic fruit & vegetable area, along with a large orchard of cherry and walnut trees. There is plenty of space for the children to run around or play football - as well as table tennis and a set of swings.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||La Faute Sur Mer 45 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Nantes 80 km, Nearest railway: Chantonnay 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Table tennis, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (3), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
|Further details indoors||
- The house has secure internet access
- The whole house benefits from central heating radiators (Included in price for winter months)
- All bed linens and towels are provided
- A stair gate can be provided for the security of your children
|Further details outdoors||
- There is a private BBQ area with seating and sun loungers.
- There is off-road parking for your vehicle
- Cycles are available to use at the house
- There is a boules court, swings and table tennis in the garden
- A car can be loaned to guests without transport, and airport pick-ups can be arranged
- The house is set within a 6000m² garden and orchard
- Heating costs for the winter months are included within the rental price
- Pets are not allowed
- Smoking is only permitted outside
- A 30% deposit is required to secure your reservation, with the remaining 70% being paid 8 weeks prior to the start date of your holiday
- Payment is accpted in Sterling or Euros, by either cheque or direct bank transfer
The Poitou-Charentes/Vendee region
Le Gite Tranquille is set on the edge of the peaceful village of La Jousselinière near La Chapelle Themer, only 7km from Sainte Hermine, which has many shops, restaurants and bars. The village of Thiré is only 2km away, where there is a bar & pizzeria open nightly.
The house is in a rural area surrounded by fields and forests - perfect for walking or cycling and the climate is warm - the Vendee is the 2nd sunniest region in France!
The beaches of the Southern Vendee are only a 45 minute drive away and there are many tourist attractions all within an hour's drive.
Le Gite Tranquille lives up to its name, and you will find many a quiet country lane to walk or cycle along - you will be able to bird watch en route with many birds of prey and migratory birds nesting in the area - we'll even provide the bikes for your days out!
Boating and fishing are available nearby on the lake at St Martin Lars or in the Forest of Mervent. For the more energetic guests, there is horse riding or a swimming pool within 20 minutes and the beaches of the southern Vendée are only 45 minutes drive away.
The Theme Park of Puy du Fou is only a 30 minute drive away and the Marais Poitevin is close by too.