HARAS DU BUAT
Castle | 8 bedrooms | sleeps 18
MAGNIFICENT 18th century CASTLE IN THE HEART OF NORMANDY
20 beds in the castle
Possibility of sleeping for 10 additional persons in the apartments of the Orangerie and the Moat House
The Haras du Buat is a nice property built in the eighteenth century, with its outbuildings and its moats. It is situated at the same time in the country and 1 km from l'Aigle. Absolute tranquillity two steps away from the town.
135 kms from Paris, on the way to Mont Saint-Michel and the beaches of the Normandy landings, The Haras du Buat is the ideal place to spend your vacation : relax, play tennis or ping -pong, enjoy the gym and sauna but also discover the region with its “bocages” (farm-land criss-crossed by hedges and trees), its forests, its stud farm, its cider-making farms.
The landing beaches are at 1:30 and Le Perche is 30 minutes by car and Paris (Montparnasse) 1h15 by train.
Normandy is a region rich in history and places to visit.
The house has been restored in 2012 and the decoration was thought with taste and respect of tradition: paintings and antiques, fine materials, etc. Inhabited each week, The Harars du Buat is a warm and lively house.
- Very large modern kitchen with fireplace, dining table for 16 people, "La Cornue" stove, American fridge, Nespresso coffee
machine. (Also, a large cellar with many cupboards and storage, washing machine, dryer, another fridge, worktop, sink, tstock of
- Large dining-room with fireplace, beautiful wallpaper early 19th century, LCD TV 102 cm (40 "), DVD player, CanalSat.
- A 65 m2 Lounge very warm an cosy thanks to its ancient blond oak walls, the fireplace and its " English club" atmosphere.
- Office with a computer and internet connection
- The Yellow Red Room with a garden view: queen size bed, toilet room,
- The Seagreen Room with views on the courtyard and outbuildings: queen size bed, toilet room,
- The " contemporary " Master suite with a garden view: king size bed, and ensuite "Stark " bathroom,
- The "Beige Room with a garden view, toilet room, TV, CanalSat.
- Bathroom with bathtub
2ND FLOOR (MANSAR-ROOFED)
- 3 double bedrooms with queen size beds
- 1 bedroom " dorm " with two beds of 140 cm
- Large entertainment area with sofas and ottomans :
Billiards (American and French)
TV 140 cm (55 "), CanalSat, dvd player, gaming console, games, dvd
Collections of comic strips
Many board games
- Bathroom with mini bathtub
- TENNIS COURT
- Gym, sauna and shower
- Table tennis
- Mountain bikes
LITTLE EXTRA FOR GOURMETS:
- Fresh eggs from our few hens.
- In summer, vegetable garden
THE HARAS DU BUAT IS RENTED BY WEEK WITH ITS HOUSE STAFF.
The caretaker couple will continue to maintain the garden and will clean the house every morning. If you opt for formula field, a second maid work alongside the guardian.
|Size||Sleeps up to 18, 8 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Deauville 85 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: PARIS 140 km, Nearest railway: L'AIGLE 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Sauna, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, CD player, Telephone, Pool or snooker table, Table tennis, Games room, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||8 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (8), Dining seats for 16, Lounge seats for 16|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, Private tennis court, BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
The Normandy region
TO SEE...TO DISCOVER
– Cultural and religious properties
– Museum June 1944
– Abbaye Notre Dame de la Trappe
– Cathedral of Sées
– Gardens of the Castle of Villiers-en-Ouche
– Castel of Carrouges
– The castel of O
– Le Haras du Pin,Versailles du cheval
– Mortagne au Perche
– Museum of the "Dame aux Camélias"
– The museum of the Comtesse de Ségur
– The Museum of the "Forge à Aube"
– The museum of the Camembert at Vimoutiers
– The eco-museum of apple and calvados
– Manors of the Perche forests
– Factory BOHIN
– Specialities of Normandy
– Black pudding from Mortagne au Perche
– Dairy products, Camembert, Livarot...
– Cider A.O.C., Pommeau, Perry, Calvados (Visits on request)
– Market in l'Aigle on tuesday morning
– Pilgrims itinerary from l'Aigle to Mont Saint Michel
– Mountain bike in the forests
– Flying-club in L'Aigle
– Hot-air balloon trips(50 kms away)
– Canoeing (canoe and kayak)
Activities for children
– Trout fishing
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
Based in France
- 77 properties
- 63 properties
- 38 properties
- Dives sur Mer
- 36 properties
- Trouville sur Mer
- 33 properties
- Villers sur mer
- 30 properties
- Le Mans
- 25 properties
- 24 properties
- 13 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- Pont l'Eveque
- 9 properties
- 7 properties
- St Pierre sur Dives
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- The Alpes Mancelles
- 6 properties
- 6 properties