9 Jan 2014
"Great House, Great Location, Terrific wildlife"
This is the third time that we have stayed at this property, and it just gets better, the house is in a fantastic location and the views into Kruger are terrific, if you sit on the balcony and wait yo… More
We were honored to accommodate you again and we are delighted the changes/upgrades we made have gone down well. You really had a special stay seeing 4 of the Big 5 from the deck of the house!
Can't wait to see you in the bush again.
2 May 2013
"Charming house ; amazing location"
Enjoyed 10 wonderful days at the lodge which has everything , except food and drinks , to make one feel comfortable and secure . The house balcony offers a grat view on the crocodile river with its a… More
6 Apr 2013
"EXCELLENT LODGE,STUNNING VIEWS"
WOW!!we arrived on Good Friday for the Easter weekend trip to the Kruger Park,the lodge was amazing,stunning views over Crocodile river watching the hippos and fish eagles!The lodge was brilliant comf… More
Thanks again for your booking and review. We are delighted you enjoyed it as much as you did. It's a magical little house in a safari park and we love when others fall in love with it as much as we do. Thanks again and don't hesitate to contact us again if you fancy a trip to the African bush.
14 Jan 2013
"This is a great place to stay and watch the world go by"
this was our second visit to Majuli lodge, and it was even better than last time. The house has been de-cluttered a bit, and the new manager Douw was very helpful whenever we needed something. If you … More
8 Oct 2012
"STUNNING! SAW MOST ANIMALS WITHIN 5 KM[--]S FROM CHALET:)"
"We stayed at Majuli for four days over Christmas. Was height of summer and we were nervous we may not see much game however within 1st few hours of arriving we saw buffalo, elephant, hippo and variety of buck all from the balcony of the lodge! We had a wonderful holiday and found Majuli Lodge to be extremely well equipped and comfortable. Got engaged on the balcony at sunrise on Christmas day so Majuli Lodge will always be special to us and we will definitely be back. Also thank you to Mike for his hospitality."
19 Sep 2012
"Magnificent location overlooking the river!"
We heard & saw Hippos from the balcony every night. We saw elephant & buffalo, as well as Zebra too.
It was a remote location, but an awesome experience. The house is quaint with a cute upstairs bedroom.
The facilities were adequate, but the experience unforgetable!!
I would definately stay there again!
5 Mar 2012
"Wonderful balcony with a wonderful wiew"
My first thought,I will not stay here for 6 weeks,the security sign,the garbage box and the road to the house was almost cowered with high grass.The house inside was wery bad,Mike made light in the ki… More
Thank you for your feedback and rest assured we will take everything on board however I would like to address a few issues as there are somethings outside my control and I cannot change.
1. The garbage cage outside is a special baboon proof system and the only one suitable for life in the African bush. It is used by all lodges in the park.
2. Although Marloth Park is statistically one of the safest places in South Africa we still offer 24 hour onsite security. Part of that contract is to have a small 1 foot x 1 foot sign to show this.
3. The house is in a nature conservancy and long grass is what feeds the animals in the park. Therefore it goes against the guidelines of the park to cut or manicure it. It is clear around the house for movement of people however the house sits on circa an acre and I cannot remove what feeds the animals in the park for cosmetic reasons. You are in the African bush and it is native flora.
4. You made a remark to Mike, the manager about the light in the kitchen. He addressed it by getting an electrician into the park to replace the standard bulb with a fluorescent one to make your stay more enjoyable but he said you never made any remarks about upstairs. Also houses in Africa tend to be fairly dark and not open to direct sunlight to avoid the African sun heating the house too much.
5. While you were there there was an unusual amount of rain that caused a small flood in a power station outside of the park. This caused a disruption to the electricity (which itself is part of African living) to the entire park. Mike, the manager said he called in to you, supplied you with candles and alternative lighting and said claims you said you were fine and had no complaints. I am not sure what you mean by security lighting but you did have alternative lighting, the alarm was still functual on a battery backup and you were fine when speaking to Mike when he called in to you.
I'm sorry that you had one or two issues with the house although they may relate to actual African bush living. If there was any issues with the house itself, if you had of spoken to Mike he would have addressed it immediately as with the kitchen lighting. He was quite surprised at your feedback as he said you never had other issues with the house and were even inviting him around for drinks in the evenings. We do get a lot of overseas repeat customers and if you were ever to consider visiting again I could offer you a discount on your stay.
10 Jan 2012
"beautiful lodge with the most amazing surroundings and outstanding views."
You really have to see this to believe how beautiful this place is. The lodge is very well equiped and comfortable, we didnt need for anything. Can you imagine just sitting overlooking the most amazing river and views in total peace and quiet and a Rhino just appears out of the bush to come for his daily drink of water, followed by elephants!!! So many birds to see especially the fish eagles were amazing. Loved every single minute and its a memory I will treasure for the rest of my life.
28 Sep 2011
"A piece of heaven on earth, Maluji Lodge"
We arrived to an amazing African sunset, settled in and awoke to the most amazing view up and down cocodile river. We still cannot believe the amazing variety of animals that visited the garden, Warthog,Kudu,Zebra,Giraffe,Mongeese,Monkeys,Wildebeest and Porcupine. The bats are amazing,birdlife is fantastic. We even saw Seven Lions feasting on a Zebra only a five minute drive away. We love this place and will definutely return. This has to be Africa at its best, the rustic charm of Maluji, the views, the birds and animals - HEAVEN !!
6 Jul 2011
"fabulous views, so relaxing no need to leave. wish we stayed longer."
We stayed here for a week in march 2011, my wife and i. The property is in a great location in a country housing development of several hundred properties on the marloth estate. the drive from joburg … More