Farmhouse | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 10
Riff Farmhouse is a luxury property and is picturesquely set in the idyllic countryside of Rendall, where panoramic sea views over the Isles are enjoyed. The farmhouse is a semi-detached property on two levels. Although it can sleep up to 10 people, it is also suited to accommodate smaller parties. There are two double bedrooms, two twin bedrooms and one of the lounges can be converted into a bedroom.
Facilities on offer include:
- Large comfortable sitting room which is light and airy in summer and yet cosy and warm in the winter.
- Large kitchen, well equipped with modern appliances. Includes a large Stanley range oven, built-in fridge and freezer, dishwasher, microwave conventional oven, gas hob and electric oven, electric mixer and coffee maker. Also washing machine and tumble drier.
- The master bedroom is on the ground floor and has a large en-suite bathroom with shower over bath. TV also included.
- The double bedroom and two twin bedrooms are on the first floor. These are well proportioned rooms with built in wardrobes and TVs.
- There are two family bathrooms, one on each floor. Why not relax from a long day exploring Orkney, in the luxurious spa bath. Or if you prefer, there is a separate showering area.
- Large garden area, with seating area provided. Separate drying area.
- There is a large selection of DVDs, Orkney books and local information. Binoculars, maps and guides are also available.
We are ideally situated for exploring Orkney which is a haven for those with a keen interest in archaeology, wildlife, walking and fishing. We are situated only a 20-minute drive from the main archaeological sites of Skara Brae, Maes Howe and the Standing Stones of Stenness. Along the vast stretches of coastline you can see common and grey seals, otters and dolphins. Short-eared owls, hen harriers and kestrels are also regular visitors to the area.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 4 bedrooms|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
2 Mar 2014
"Perfect holiday house for a group"
Six of us stayed in Riff Farmhouse (with four more friends just up the lane in Widefirth Cottage). The house is spacious and warm, well equipped, and the owners (who live next door) were extremely he… More
28 Dec 2013
"Don,t miss this farmhouse if you want a care free holiday"
We have just returned from a week long stay at this superb cottage and we all agree that we could not have gotten better on the island, the owner Grieg ensured that we settled in by showing us round t… More
2 Oct 2013
"Travel to Orkney - you won't be disappointed. Stay here as it's wonderful!"
We were lucky. Riff Farmhouse had just been finished when we booked our holiday to Orkney. It has been done up to a really high spec and is really spacious and comfortable. When we arrived there wa… More