House | 8 bedrooms | sleeps 22
The Vickers is a superb venue for your large family gathering, wedding or corporate get-together. This beautiful Victorian vicarage has been completely refurbished to the highest standards and can be used as the base for gatherings for up to 22 people.
The property is situated in the village of Malborough, near Salcombe in the South Hams. A lovely, quaint village with a shop and traditional pubs in an area of outstanding natural beauty in South Devon. From the large balcony on the first floor you can enjoy panoramic views of glorious rolling countryside leading to the coast just a couple of miles away. You and your party can relax in sumptuous comfort enjoying spacious, state-of-the-art facilities within a period setting retaining the character of the old building.
|Size||Sleeps up to 22, 8 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Pool or snooker table, Games room, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||8 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms of which 8 En suites|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (4), Double beds (7), Dining seats for 22, Lounge seats for 22|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Further details indoors|
The property has been fully renovated to a very high standard, retaining the character of the original building, but introducing a lavish level of comforts and facilities to ensure you and your guests feel pampered and indulged!
- Games room
- Entrance porch.
- Lobby with Minton tile floor.
- Games room with open fire, surround sound, table football
- American pool, air hockey, Sony PlayStation 2 and 50" plasma screen with Sky Freeview.
- Morning room with 2 open fires, surround sound, full Sky TV, DVD, Sony PlayStation 2 and 50" plasma screen, this room also has a writing desk with a laptop & colour wireless printer and a double sofa bed.
- Cloakroom with WC & wash hand basin.
- Drawing room with open fire, surround sound, full Sky TV, DVD, Sony PlayStation 2 and 50" plasma screen.
- Kitchen with surround sound, 4 oven Aga, hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, USA fridge, breakfast bar and an interesting glass 'window' in the floor looking into an illuminated Victorian well underneath.
- Dining room leading off the kitchen with surround sound, dining table to seat 24, full Sky TV, DVD, 50" plasma screen.
- Wet room leading into the garden with shower and WC, which can be used to accommodate well behaved dogs.
- Double bedroom with Sky Freeview TV, DVD and en-suite with shower, and French windows leading out onto a superb sun terrace with loungers.
- Further double bedroom with Sky Freeview TV, DVD and en-suite with shower, and French windows leading out onto a superb sun terrace with loungers.
- Lounge with double sofa bed, Full Sky TV, DVD, CD player & with Juliet balcony.
- Double bedroom leading off lounge with Sky Freeview TV, DVD and en-suite with shower.
- Bedroom with 4 single beds Sky Freeview TV, DVD, en-suite with shower and Juliet balcony.
- Double bedroom with Sky Freeview TV, DVD & en-suite with shower.
- Bedroom with bunk bed Sky Freeview TV, DVD and en-suite with shower.
- Further bedroom with bunk bed Sky Freeview TV, DVD and en-suite with shower.
- Laundry room with washing machine tumble dryer and ironing board.
- Double bedroom with Sky Freeview TV and DVD & en-suite with shower.
- Wireless broadband internet and a colour wireless printer are provided.
|Further details outdoors|
From the large balcony on the first floor you can enjoy panoramic views of glorious rolling countryside leading to the coast just a couple of miles away.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
The West Country region
Malborough is dominated by All Saints Church, a landmark which can be seen for many miles around. The Church dates back to the 13th century and several local manors were mentioned in the Domesday book. The village is more tranquil than Salcombe and Kingsbridge, and has its own character with many thatched cottages and old houses. There is a post office and garage with a small supermarket close by, together with two public houses and The Lodge Hotel.
Things To Do
- Visit the safe & sandy beaches at Salcombe, Hope Cove, Thurlestone and Bantham
- Shopping at Salcombe, Kingsbridge & Dartmouth
- Golf at Thurlestone, Bigbury & Dartmouth
- Walk a section of the south west coastal path
- Enjoy watersports such as windsurfing, canoeing and water skiing at South Sands (one mile away)
- Hire a boat & explore Salcombe harbour
- Visit the cathedral cities of Exeter & Plymouth
- Horse riding along the country lanes or over Dartmoor
- Horse Racing at Exeter & Newton Abbot
- Visit Paignton Zoo or Dartmoor Wildlife Park
- Enjoy rugby at Exeter Chiefs or Plymouth Albion or the local teams of Salcombe and Kingsbridge
- Enjoy a dinner dance at the famous Art Deco Burgh Island Hotel
- Visit the New Angel at Dartmouth
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
You're booking with
Oliver's Travels (Property Manager Oliver's Travels Ltd)
- 3 Years listed
Calendar last updated:21 Aug 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- +44(0)203142 8630
- Visit site
- 223 properties
- 155 properties
- 149 properties
- 144 properties
- 108 properties
- 103 properties
- 55 properties
- 46 properties
- 41 properties
- Whitsand Bay
- 37 properties
- 23 properties
- 17 properties
- 15 properties
- Stoke Gabriel
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 11 properties
- Noss Mayo
- 11 properties
- Slapton, Devon
- 11 properties
- Start Bay
- 9 properties