The Blue Monkey
from £86 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £86 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
House / 4 bedrooms / sleeps 10
Availability Your dates are available
House / 4 bedrooms / sleeps 10
May and June bookings have been reduced by 20% please check availability
Do you have a mobile phone? Or a camera? Would you like a free holiday in 2016? If the answer is YES then check out Blue Monkey's guest holiday video competition - see details on our Blue Monkey Cornwall site.
Blue Monkey is situated in the heart of two villages, within meters of the beach, delicatessen, village shop & other amenities. A recently refurbished 18th century Grade II listed house, it comfortably sleeps 8 in 4 spacious double bedrooms. The kitchen is well equipped, with store cupboard essentials provided & other basics such as bread & milk available upon request. There is a spacious living room with log fire, a dining room & sunny patio garden with BBQ.
Win a free holiday 2016.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Girt 30 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||10 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Plymouth 19 km, Nearest railway: Plymouth 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms of which 4 Family bathrooms, 2 En suites and 2 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (3), Single beds (2), Cots (2), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Bedroom 1 with double bed / en-suite (1st floor)
Bedroom 2 with double bed / en suite (1st floor)
Bedroom 3 with double bed (2nd floor)
Bedroom 4 with twin beds / (2nd floor)
En-suite to bedroom 1 with a large shower cubical, roll top bath, wash basin and wc.
En-suite to bedroom 2 comprises a roll top bath, wash basin and wc.
2nd floor separate upstairs shower room with sink & wc.
Downstairs shower room and wc.
Large fully equipped kitchen with breakfast area.
Beautifully fitted out with an electric oven and grill, halogen hob, fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
Full utensils and accessories including a microwave, kettle, toaster & high chair.
Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer & airing cupboard.
Access to the sun-trap garden, patio otside tap and BBQ area.
Spacious and tranquil open plan living/dining area / open fire (free logs).
3 seater sofa and two arm chairs.
TV with SKY, a video player, DVD player and music system.
Wifi, telephone with honesty box, cot & high chair are provided.
Access to the garden from the dining area.
Large dining room provides seating for 10 people.
|Further details outdoors|
The patio garden is a private suntrap, filled with Cornish lilies, hydrangeas, climbers and an array of colourful plants. The built in seated area and table are tucked away in the corner and receive maximum sun with a floral canopy above around the edge of the seated area in summer.
Included are barbeque and outdoor patio heater, 2 Kayaks, paddles and trolley are available for guests to use however, no buoyancy aids are provided (please be careful when moving them through the property and don't mark the walls).
A log store is provided which guests are welcome to help them selves to.
• Access: Access is possible before the standard time 15.00; to drop luggage off, let the kids use the kayaks light a BBQ & relax in the garden, please ask when booking.
• Parking: There are 2 passing bays outside the neighbour's property to aid unloading. Skinners car park is less than 25m from Blue Monkey & a 2nd public car park is less than a 5 minute walk, also cars can be parked at the top of the village for free.
• Service: The house is serviced by an award winning cleaning company “HHM” who will contact you the week before your stay to confirm access & be on hand 24* 7 for any of your questions.
• Entertainment: Sky TV (Inc. Box Office), telephone (honesty box policy), Wi-Fi, DVDs, videos, books & 2 kayaks.
• Kitchen: Dishwasher, washing machine & tumble dryer, microwave & bread machine.
• Laundry: Clean linen & bath towels are provided.
• Children: Blue Monkey caters well for babies & small children: 2* travel cots/ high chairs, 1* baby bath, stair gate, bouncer, rocker, sterilisers, day rucksack, beach travel cot / sun shade.
• Accessibility: The property is very well suited for wheelchair users or those with mobility problems. All doorways are above average width and the ground floor is all on one level with a down stairs bathroom, shower, basin and w.c.
Saturday is changeover day (arrival 4pm, departure 10am to allow time to for the days changeover cleaning. Changeover day is flexible if you are taking a 3-5 day break+. Arrival time, not before 4pm. Departure time by 10am.
The Cornwall region
For any keen golfers st-mellion.co.uk is less than 45 minutes away and as quoted by Jack Nicklaus, "St Mellion is potentially the finest golf course in Europe.” While the whitsandbayhotel.co.uk course is less than 20 minutes away and is quoted by Golf World . "Whitsand Bay is one of those unique courses that you may stumble upon once in a lifetime."
The coastal path from Kingsand and Cawsand is beautiful in both directions. Heading west will take you to Penlee Point, Rame Head and Whitsand Bay (5 miles ending with refreshments at The View Restaurant or Cliff Top Café). Heading east will take you through the grounds of Mount Edgecombe House, ending up in the formal gardens at Cremyll (3 miles ending with refreshments at the Orangery or Mount Edgecombe Arms).
• Whitsand Bay Golf Club (01503 230778 / whitsandbayhotel.co.uk)
• St Mellion Golf course (01579 352 022 / st-mellion.co.uk)
• Surfing: Discovery Surf School, Whitsand Bay (07813 639622 / discoverysurf.com/whitsand.htm)
• Riding: Penewin Stables, Trerulefoot (01752 851365) £15pp
• Sunrising Riding Centre Henwood, Near Liskeard (01579) 362895 £22pp
• Sea fishing: Force Ten Sport Fishing Whitsand (01503 262316)
• Houses & Gardens:
• Mount Edgecombe House and Gardens (01752 822236);
• Anthony House and Gardens (01752 812191);
• Lost Gardens of Heligan in St Austell (01726 845100);
• Eden Project in St Austell (01726 811911) Or visit nearby
• Looe, a pretty yet working fishing port
The picturesque villages of Kingsand & Cawsand are the perfect base, from which to explore “Cornwall’s forgotten corner”. The villages themselves (boast) family friendly beaches in a sheltered bay, the more adventurous may prefer the more rugged Whitsand Bay, only a short drive away.
Blue Monkey is situated in the heart of the villages, within meters of the beach, delicatessen, village shop & other amenities. A recently refurbished 18th century Grade II listed house, it comfortably sleeps 8 in 4 spacious double bedrooms. The kitchen is well equipped, with store cupboard essentials provided & other basics such as bread & milk available upon request. There is a spacious living room with log fire, a dining room & sunny patio garden with BBQ.
A stunning walk will take you along the Coastal Path starting at the Cremyll Ferry winding its way through the 800 acre Mount Edgcumbe Park, according to the Shell Guide is probably the most beautiful in England. This can be continued through Cawsand and up to Penlee point an onto Whitsand bay.
The view restaurant (theview-restaurant.co.uk) is an ideal spot for relaxed lunch or supper. "They serve the best fish, all sourced from local supplies and I believe its one of the finest views in the country. My perfect summer escape". Laura Allnatt's little black book Sunday Telegraph Feb 09
If you are feeling adventurous why not continue to Whitsand Bay hotel and enjoy a delicious cream tea.
A breathtaking walk / 5 minute drive from Blue Monkey leads to Whitsand Bay
Inland, the villages of Millbrook, St John, Sheviock and St Germans are all well worth a visit, as is Antony House, the 18th century home of the great Cornish family of Carew, now a National Trust property and a must for nature lovers with its 100 acres of woodland gardens sloping down to the Lynher River and riverside walks to explore.
Stunning walks and views from Penlee point and Rame Head overlooking Whitsand bay are available.
If you are looking for great food in the comfort of Blue Monkey, we can also recommend local caterers who can provide delicious daily & evening meals at reasonable prices. Sharan Betteridge 01752 822744, but must be booked in advacnce. Just ask for more information when booking.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
You're booking with
43% Response rate
Calendar last updated:24 Jun 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted