House | 13 bedrooms | sleeps 18
The Mill has recently been restored, and was christened by its first guests as ?the wow factory.? With rooms on four levels, it will accommodate up to 14 adults, and up to 22 guests in total, in real style and luxury.The main feature is the open plan 80m2 ground floor reception area which opens up from a fabulous kitchen, through the dining area with vaulted ceiling, into a generous living/lounging area with open fireplace. The dining and lounge areas feature the original exposed stone wall and light floods through a large glass archway incorporating the main house entrance into the courtyard.All the reception areas on ground and mezzanine levels are tiled in a natural riven slate that goes beautifully with the old stone walls and new white plaster walls, with underfloor heating throughout the house provided by an environmentally sustainable ground source heat pump. The stone fireplace features the saw bench from the original mill, as the mantelpiece. Some of the bedrooms have quite quirky layouts and they are generally smaller than the bedrooms in the other properties within the estate. However, they all have the same quality of goose-down feather pillow and duvet, the same gorgeous linen and the same quality of mattresses!A river runs through the grounds and facilities include a shared indoor swimming pool and a tennis court (although both of these can be privatised for certain hours in the day). Two other properties are located within the estate but both are entirely independent so your group will have utmost privacy.
|Size||Sleeps up to 18, 13 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Private indoor pool, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private indoor pool|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Pool or snooker table, Games room, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||13 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms of which 9 En suites|
|Furniture||9 Sofa beds, Single beds (9), Double beds (8), Dining seats for 34, Lounge seats for 34|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private indoor pool, Private garden, Private tennis court|
|Further details indoors|
- 2 entrance halls and 2 staircases
- Morning room with open fire, Sky TV, DVD and CD Player
- Drawing room with grand piano, open fire and CD Player
- The Blue Room (further reception room) with open fire and 42" plasma screen with Sky TV, DVD, CD Player and CD library
- Dining room with dining table to seat 34 and an additional long table can be set up in the hall to seat a further 20
- Sun lounge leading into the formal garden
- Cloakroom with original 'Throne' WC
- Kitchen with breakfast table with 4 oven Aga, hob, oven and microwave and an adjoining snug with Sky TV/DVD, Playstation, Karaoke machine and disco lights
- Utility room with washer, dryer and large chest freezer
- Games room with darts, table football, American Pool, CD Player, drinks fridge and open fire
- Cellar music studio with video karaoke machine, musical instruments and microphones
- Hurcott master bedroom with king size bed and Sky TV, DVD with dressing room off and en-suite bathroom with separate shower (can also accommodate a double sofa bed if required)
- Blakedown double bedroom and lounge with en-suite with shower, Sky TV, DVD and CD player (can also accommodate two double sofa beds if required)
- Churchill bedroom with 4 single beds (opposite the house bathroom) with Sky TV and DVD. (single Z bed available if required)
- Large house bathroom with whirlpool bath, separate shower and sauna
- Caunsall double bedroom with a 5' zip 'n' link bed which can convert to 2 singles on request, Sky TV, DVD and a shared en-suite with shower (double sofa bed available if required)
- Iverley small double bedroom with Sky TV and DVD, sharing an en-suite with shower
- Wolverley double bedroom with Sky TV, DVD, en-suite with shower over bath (double sofa bed available if required)
- Drayton double bedroom with Sky TV, DVD and an en-suite with shower
- Kinver double bedroom sharing the main landing bathroom
- Belbroughton double bedroom and lounge suite with en-suite shower room (double sofa bed and single Z bed available if required)
- Wireless broadband internet and a colour laser printer is provided.
|Further details outdoors|
The Estate comprises 132 acres and guests will have exclusive use of the following areas:
- Private rear walled garden with decked terrace with fountain, gas barbecue and gas heaters
- Further walled garden with hot house, pool terrace and tree hammocks
- Large lawned garden with lily pond and hammocks on the west front
- Parkland which surrounds the property on all sides, including a rugby pitch
- Indoor heated swimming pool and showers (pool hire to be charged extra)
- Tennis court with electronic ball server
- Tennis pavilion and gas barbecue
- Croquet set
- Giant chess board
- Badminton equipment
- Golf practice net
- Clay Pigeon Shooting (to be charged extra)
- Paintball Park just 1/4 mile away (off site needs to be booked direct in advance)
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
The Central England/Cotswolds region
To enable us to prepare for your stay and to ensure that we are able to make this perfect from the moment you arrive, please advise us which of the available on site activities your party would like us to organise for you together with the number of days required and which specific days.
Activities at no additional charge
- Table Football
- American Pool
- Table Tennis
- Tennis (inc. electric ball server)
- Golf Practice Net
- Children's Swings and Slides
- Giant Outdoor Chess Board
- Music Studio with instruments and video karaoke
- Cinema Room and stage with lighting and microphone
There is a wealth of places to explore within a 30-minute drive from the Estate.
- Ride on the Severn Valley Railway from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth.
- Visit West Midlands Safari Park at Bewdley, Cadbury World at Bourneville or The Black Country Museum at Dudley.
- Walk the Shropshire, Malvern or Clent Hills.
- Visit Ludlow, Stratford-upon-Avon or Warwick Castle.
- Visit Worcester Cathedral and The Royal Worcester Porcelain factory, shop and museum.
- Visit Symphony Hall in Birmingham, The International Convention Centre or The NEC.
- Enjoy horse racing at Worcester, Cheltenham, Ludlow, Warwick, Stratford or Wolverhampton.
- Visit one of the many local health spas.
- Enjoy County Cricket at Worcester or rugby at Worcester Warriors. The owner of the house is a member of both Clubs and can secure executive tickets with hospitality, or perhaps a test match at Edgbaston.
- Enjoy a morning Clay Pigeon Shooting on the estate or Pheasant, Partridge or Duck shooting on nearby estates.
- Enjoy a Game of Paintballing at the Paintball Park which is only 500M away from the house.
- Coarse fishing for up to 30 on a private lake one mile away.
- If you are planning on a trip to the 2010 Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor then why not treat yourself and stay with us.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Oliver's Travels (Property Manager Oliver's Travels Ltd)
- 3 Years listed
Calendar last updated:17 Sep 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- +44(0)203142 8630
- Visit site