Lakeside cottage with WI FI
from £43 /night help
Cottage | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
• Lakeside cottage
This lovely cottage is in a prime waterfront location. It is situated on the Lough shore with wonderful views over beautiful Lough Erne.
A quiet and and peaceful retreat yet only 2 miles from pubs and shops in the friendly picturesque village of Kesh.
• Private Jetty
• Pets allowed
The Lough is world renowned for angling. Cottage is an ideal base for fishing, water sports, caving, golf or rambling. Alternatively simply sit back and enjoy the beautiful view whilst enjoying the clean fresh air.
• Marina with slip
• Outdoor dining table and BBQ
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Belfast International|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
• Free WI FI Internet connection
|Further details outdoors|
• Master bedroom opens onto exterior patio area over looking Lough
The County Fermanagh region
The area is one of breath taking natural beauty. The Lough is reputed to have 365 islands some of which are bird sanctuaries.
Lough Erne is the perfect location for watersports. For activity enthusiast there's plenty to keep you occupied - caving, walking, cycling, horse-riding etc.
Golfers can enjoy a fabulous range of golf courses suitable for all strengths and abilities. The exciting new Lough Erne Golf Resort designed by Nick Faldo is now open
• Water sports - Canoe hire, water skiing lessons, Kayaking, Wake Boarding, Knee Boarding and Inflatable Rides ( Banana Boating etc). available locally.
• Golf : Lisnarick 18 hole par 66 and floodlit Driving range. Manor house 9 hole. Castle Hume 18 hole par 72 . Full clubhouse facilities. Enniskillen 18 hole par 71.
• Tennis Courts for hire are available in Irvinestown and Manor House.
• Fishing - Coarse and game fishing throughout the Lough. Local gullies available for private hire.
• Pony Trekking through nearby Castle Archdale forest.
• Flying – see Lough Erne from the air - trial flying lesson available at St Angelo airport.
• Unique Seaplane trips over Lough Erne in modern Amphibious Aircraft.
• Clay pigeon shooting and Archery.
• 4X4 off road driving. Experience a Safari Drive and drive on adverse off road conditions.
• Go Karting - 550m outdoor karting track near Kesh. Races are fully marshalled karting gear provided .
Places to Go
• World famous Belleek pottery
• Ulster American Folk Park
• Marble Arch Caves
• National Trust Properties include CastleCoole, Florencecourt
• Devenish Island with ancient round tower is one of the finest monastic sites in Ireland.
• Castle Archdale Forest Park - Nature trails, Lough side and woodland walks and cycle trails run throughout this beautiful country park which is located on the shores of lower Lough Erne.
Visitors can the explore a butterfly garden, wildflower meadow and deer enclosure. Woodland & loughshore walks. Marina, access to White Island, natural history exhibits, old agricultural history exhibits, old agricultural machinery. Castle Archdale at War exhibition on the Battle of the Atlantic.
Archdale Centre, [ corner of the main courtyard]. See various exhibitions, including 'Castle Archdale at War'. The exhibition highlights Castle Archdale's important role in WW2 as the most westerly flying-boat station, from which aircraft protected the allied convoys from the U-boat threat in the North Atlantic.
Places to See
• Historic town of Enniskillen.
• Atlantic Ocean at Rossnowlagh beach.
• Lough Navar Forest Park view point for panoramic views over Co Fermanagh. Sligo, Benbulben and Yeats country 40 mins by car.
• Founded in the 6th Century by St. Molaise, Devenish Island is in Lower Lough Erne and is one of the finest monastic sites in Ireland.
• Cruises of Lower Lough daily from Enniskillen.
• Lunch cruises available onboard the fully air conditioned Lady of The Lake.
• Day Boat hire available locally
• Enniskillen - Donegal Town and Omagh are only a few of the places to enjoy a varied shopping experience.
• Try the famous Fermanagh Black Bacon locally made by O Doherty Butcher Enniskillen.
• There are numerous good restaurants locally. Eg Café Merlot in Enniskillen town
• Try the locally made Tickety Moo ice-cream at Oghill farm, Killadeas.
• Spa - Full & Half Day Thai Spa Packages at Lough Erne Golf Hotel also have complimentary use of The Infinity Pool & Thermal Suite at The Thai Spa.
• Ardowen Theatre Enniskillen.
• Cinemas in Omagh and Enniskillen. Lakeland forum
• Ulster American folk park Omagh.
• Sheelin Antique Lace Museum Bellanaleck.
• Enniskillen Castle overlooking Lough Erne in Enniskillen, once the stronghold of Gaelic Maguire chieftains. The castle's history is traced from its beginnings as a Maguire castle until its use as a barracks in the 1700s and 1800s.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
15 Oct 2014
"Brilliant Holiday !!"
We had a really relaxing holiday, so peaceful, the cottage was very comfortable , had great facilities , we would book it again !!… More
30 Sep 2014
"Kids and parents loved it."
The house had everything and more, a home from home. Enjoyed use of private jetty to launch our jet ski and kids lived in their wet suits. Scenery was to die for. Thanks for sharing this with us.… More
24 Aug 2014
"Perfect holiday cottage"
Lovely, homely cottage, set on the shores of Lough Erne. Definitely coming back for another holiday. Perfect location for sightseeing. Beach is only 40 minutes away and you can easily go to Belfast… More
4 Aug 2014
"Lovely Comfortable Cottage"
We did have a lot of rain last week but the cottage made up for it. It was cosy, warm, clean and had a well equipped kitchen, which I liked and the beds were comfortable. We had planned a BBQ with … More
29 Jul 2014
"Wonderful time had at Misty Moorings Cottage."
My family and I spent a very enjoyable week at Misty Moorings cottage. The cottage is set in a wonderful location, with a lovely view of Lough Erne, there was everything anyone would need in the cottage and we were able to make full use of the barbecue. There was also plenty to see and do in the area, a place I would certainly return to and I would highly recommend the cottage as an excellent base.
7 May 2014
"Beautiful Cottage, Fantastic location"
We spent a weekend here with two dogs. It's a lovely cottage, had everything we needed for the weekend, fantastic views of the lough and was an excellent base for long walks. Both the property owner and manager were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely be returning!
5 May 2014
"Excellent, well equipped cottage for a family holiday"
Lakeside Cottage is in a brilliant locatIon on the edge of Lough Erne and near the village of Kesh. The cottage is beautifully furnished, very comfortable and very well equipped. It was great to have wifi and we made good use of the DVD player. The outdoor space is great for a BBQ, for enjoying some alfresco dining and safe for children and pets. You can fish off the small private jetty. There was a good selection of board games and playing cards to keep us amused in the evenings. The beds were very comfortable, there were plenty of clean towels and nice extras included provision of shower-gel and hand soap in the bathrooms and the hairdryer. The kitchen has every implement you could need, with plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses. The fire was set for our arrival with logs and coal provided and even matches left for our convenience. All in all a great cottage for a family vacation and an excellent service provided by Jacky, the owner.
27 Apr 2014
"Excellent accommodation in a beautiful setting."
Our family had a great stay at Misty Moorings. The location is excellent with great views overlooking Lough Erne. We brought our small boat with us as there is a secure jetty 100 steps from the hous… More
22 Apr 2014
"Top notch in stunning Fermanagh"
Took the Easter break here with kids and the granny in tow. Good house, well equipped kitchen (if you like to cook), good beds, comfortable and well styishly appointed living area. Good little private marina with plenty of places to visit nearby...Quiet, safe and secure..
5 Apr 2014
"lovely cottage in quiet location"
When I suggested going to Northern Ireland during February half term I don't think any of us realised we'd be going during one of the wettest, stormiest winters ever. It was freezing when we… More
You're booking with
- 7 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:25 Dec 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- County Donegal
- 544 properties
- County Fermanagh
- 84 properties
- 65 properties
- 33 properties
- 32 properties
- 23 properties
- 23 properties
- Donegal Town-old
- 23 properties
- 21 properties
- 14 properties
- 13 properties
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 10 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties