Villa | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 10
The villa, which is set within its own gardens of palms, bougainvillea, jasmine, lilac, honeysuckle, lemon and olive trees, has spectacular views over the Mediterranean Sea.
Villa Xanthos has been built to a contemporary Turkish style with stone cladding and a slate roof. The villa is very spacious and light; finishes being predominantly white with traditional Iznik Ceramics and Kilims adding a splash of colour to the interior. The villa benefits from full Air Conditioning and has 2 double bedrooms and 1 twin bedroom. In addition to this there are 2 sofa beds in the lounge so that up to 10 people can be accommodated.
From the 1st floor balcony, which is accessible from all 3 bedrooms, there are wonderful views over the Mediterranean.
The large terrace has 6 sun loungers, tables, 2 parasols and a fabulous private 40 m2 infinity pool with a freshwater shower and, for the ambitious holiday chef there is a BBQ.
A holiday at Villa Xanthos will suit ALL ages!
It can be as relaxing or as active as you want to make it. For those who enjoy peace and quiet and total relaxation then the setting, on the far side of the Peninsular is perfect. But if you want more activity and a great nightlife, then Kas is only 7 minutes away by taxi or Dolmus.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Cukurbag Beach (5 minutes by car) 2 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Dalaman 160 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, CD player, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
- There are 2 double sofa beds in the lounge so up to 10 people can be accommodated.
- There is a comfortable seating area with a villa brochure as well as plenty of information books, leaflets, and maps
- The kitchen is fully fitted and equipped for those wishing to cook.
- All windows have mosquito nets.
- Full Air Conditioning throughout.
- Bed linen is provided, as are hand and bath towels.
|Further details outdoors|
- The Villa has it's own Private 40 m2 Infinity Pool, with steps, depth from 1.20 mts to 1.70 mts so is suitable for children.
- Large Terrace with ample space to spread around.
- Freshwater Pool Shower
- Overlooking the pool, there is the Turkish room, with dining table and chairs, which provides a cool covered outdoor dining area.
- Covered Parking for 2 / 3 cars.
- Easy access to the road from the paved driveway.
- Frequent Dolmus’ (buses) provide cheap and easy access to the main town of Kas (7 minutes) or, alternatively, taxis are readily available.
- 2 small Peninsular beaches are within 5 minutes drive.
- A Welcome Pack will be in the Villa on the day of your arrival.
- Our representative, Phil, will call a few days into your holiday, if requested, to provide useful information about your stay.
- Zerrin is the maid and she will visit mid week to carry out a general clean and then at the end of the week to carry out a full clean.
- Ramazan, the gardener and pool attendant comes to the villa twice a day. In the morning Ramazan cleans the pool and terrace as well as bringing guests a loaf of bread.
The Turquoise Coast/Lycia region
Kas was originally established as the Ancient Lycian port of Antiphellos and therefore has an established harbour which, although it obviously caters for tourists, still retains its Turkish character.
Within a 5 minute walk of the Villa there is the Aqua park Hotel with pools and slides etc - available for approx 10 YTL per day.
BEACHES & TIME (By Car)
2 Peninsular Beaches - 5 minutes by car / bus
Big Pebble Beach - 15 minutes - pebbles, loungers & parasols, bars & cafes.
Kaputas - Small, sandy, v. beautiful, no shade - 20 minutes.
Patara - 12 miles unspoilt sand - loungers, parasols, cafe both ends with wcs & showers - World Heritage Site.
HISTORY - The whole of this area is rich in archaeological history. Ruins from the Lycian, Roman and Ottoman period are evident all around and many are still being uncovered and restored.
Historical sites nearby:
From Kas heading West - Patara - Letoon - Xanthos - Tlos - Pinara - Sidyma - Kaya - Fethiye - Dalyan
And ... heading East - Kekova - Myra - Finike - Olympos - Khimaira
Inland - Arykanda- Elmali - Termessos
Most of the sites above will have many of the following archaeological ruins visible.
- Lycian sarcophagi
- Rock tombs
CLIMATE - From Low 20s in January / December to high 30s in July August. Spring and Autumn are a great time to go for less heat and a very comfortable evening temperature.
CUKURBAG PENINSULA - The Villa is located on the far side of the Cukurbag Peninsula about 7 minutes drive from the bustling centre of Kas. The Peninsular has not been overbuilt as large areas are designated "Green Land" which cannot be developed. The style and size of villas is well controlled as well, which means that although the Peninsular enjoys an exclusive feel it is still very much a place for a family holiday.
There are stunning views from all around the Peninsular and Villa Xanthos, situated at the most Westerly point, benefits from some spectacular sunsets ... all year round!
There is plenty to do on the Peninsular -
- Visit one of the 2 small beaches 5 minutes from the Villa
- Visit the Dolphinarium also 5 minutes from the Villa
- Cycle around the Peninsular - not as hard as you might imagine and you will experience some wonderful views!
- Visit the Aqua Park - 5 minutes walk from the Villa
- There are many diving platforms, which, by negotiation with villa owners, would be accessible to anyone visiting Villa Xanthos.
FROM KAS ............
LOCAL ACTIVITIES - Swimming - Scuba diving - Snorkelling - Paragliding - Jeep safaris - Canoeing - White water rafting - Gulet cruises
SHOPPING -Turkish carpets - "Designer Labels" - Leather goods - Shoes - Jewellery - Clothes - Iznik ceramics - Spices and Turkish Delights - Antique shops
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS - Kas Friday Market - Visit to the Greek Island of Meis - Kas Amphitheatre (Concerts still take place there)
RESTAURANTS - All very well priced but just too many to mention!
INTERNET - Kas has several Internet Cafes that charge very reasonable rates for Internet access.
OFF SEASON - Most people look to go to Turkey in the Hot Season and yet ............ Kas and the whole Turquoise Coast are extremely beautiful Off Season and at reduced cost. Off Season is ideal times to walk the Lycian Way, visit ancient sites, swim, or simply relax. Some of the features of an Off Season holiday to this area are:
- January ... Parts of the countryside are smothered in wild Anemones of all colours
- January / February ... Sit outside by a brazier fire for an after dinner drink
- January ... A trip to Gombe to see the snow in Mountains 3,000 mts high
- January / February ... Visit ancient Lycian sites - so much easier in temperatures of 20 / 25 Centigrade
- January / February ... Sunbathing!
- March / April ... Risk a swim or go to the mountains in Cukurbag behind Kas (15 minutes) to see the Wild Flowers
- May / June ... Easily warm enough to swim in the pool, most restaurants now open, warming up now
- October ... Very warm days, warm evenings - swimming in the sea still pleasant
- October ... End of Season festivities in Kas - Fireworks, Parties, general Mayhem - well worth the visit!
- November ... Warm days, chilly evenings but great for a quiet break
- December - January ... Light a log fire in the Villa ......... Chill Out!
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
24 Jul 2013
"A wonderful home"
We stayed in Villa Xanthos for one week in July, and our group consisted of 4 adults and 3 children. Before even arriving, the owner Costa could not have been nicer in sending us information and answering questions. We arrived to a spotlessly clean home, at the tip of the peninsula with incredible west (as in, sunset) facing views. The home is spacious, bright, and airy. The pool is unique in that it has stairs leading in, which is hard to find in Turkey, and really nice when you have kids. There are several lounge chairs and umbrellas and an al-fresco style dining table. The pool was the perfect temperature in July and kept very clean. Every morning bread was delivered by an incredibly friendly and hospitable (like all Turkish people!) man who also cleaned the pool and assisted with general needs/questions. The gardens around the home are beautiful and filled with various flowers. You can catch the bus (dolmas) right at the top of the driveway. It really is a lovely home. But what is best was the service that Costa provided. He really made sure not only before but during our stay that all our needs were met, even though he does not reside locally.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
- 8 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:02 Sep 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 826 properties
- 563 properties
- 431 properties
- 149 properties
- Olu Deniz
- 145 properties
- 83 properties
- 77 properties
- 40 properties