Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Japon Gul is located in the well-built Yelken complex and looks out to the peaceful garden area at the front in addition to beautiful sea views to one side and mountains to the other. Leading from the living room is a spacious patio area furnished with table, chairs and garden furniture to enable you to dine al fresco whilst enjoying these views. Just a few steps away is the large swimming pool, jacuzzi and children's pool. With the large double and twin bedrooms, the apartment is ideal for families or couples, with plenty in the surrounding area to help you enjoy your holiday. The town, with its many excellent restaurants and tasteful shops, is a fifteen minute walk.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||1 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Dalaman|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, DVD player, Staffed property, Sea view|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Children's pool|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors||
The apartment comprises of:
* Large open-plan lounge with two large settees, coffee table, sideboard and French windows leading out to patio with lovely garden area and sea views. Air conditioned unit.
* Dining section has a large marble table with four chairs with door also leading out to patio. Air conditioned unit.
* Kitchen area is well-equipped with granite worktop, gas hob and island unit giving extra work surface.
* Downstairs w.c. and basin.
The stairs lead up to:
* Large bedroom with kingsize bed, 2 bedside cabinets, double wardrobe, chest of drawers with mirror, wrought iron towel stand, laundry basket, safe, window with mosquito net and door leading to balcony with chairs to enjoy the same views as downstairs. Air conditioned unit.
* Second large bedroom with two single beds, bedside cabinet, wardrobe/drawers, chest of drawers, laundry basket, wall mirror and window/door also leading to a balcony with chairs. Air conditioned unit.
* Bathroom with shower cubicle, toilet, basin and vanity unit.
* Linen and towels are provided. Please provide your own towels for pool and beach use.
* The apartment is cleaned and linen is changed midway on a 2-week holiday. Please note with a 10-day booking or less, linen can be changed and the apartment cleaned at a cost to yourselves. Alternatively, you are able to wash these with the washing machine provided.
|Further details outdoors||
The large shared pool has a jacuzzi and children's pool incorporated and is furnished with several comfortable sunbeds, a hammock and large umbrellas. The pool has two very pleasant garden areas at each end and adjacent is the communal BBQ area. The outside areas are well lit by several attractive street lamps making it helpful when returning home late at night. If you have chosen to hire a car, there are spaces at the front of the building where you can park.
A welcome pack is provided for those initial essentials - milk, water, bread, butter, jam, tea and coffee.
The Turquoise Coast/Lycia region
This region enjoys mild wet winters and hot dry summers. Spring, early summer and autumn is a more bearable time for those who find the high summer temperatures too hot.
Patara beach is well known, has 18km of golden sand and is about 20 minutes' drive away. Some 30 minutes' drive is the archaeological sites of Xanthos, Letoon, Myra, Pinar and the sunken city at Kekova. There are agencies that will arrange tours for you. They can also arrange other activities such as diving, jeep safari, river canoeing or the popular 'lazy day at sea' trip where you can enjoy a day on a gulet stopping off for a swim in the clear waters around the coast having lunch and afternoon tea and cakes. The nearby mountain village of Islamlar has trout farms which provide an ideal setting in the cooler temperatures for a delightful lunch with wonderful views.
Kalkan Old Town is picturesque with its quaint cobbled streets lined with shops selling rugs, jewellery, crafts, antiques and clothes. It has an abundance of restaurants to choose from where the quality and service is excellent. On the outskirts of town are supermarkets, plus a weekly market held on Thursday, banks and post office for changing money.
The town beach is to the east of the harbour but Kalkan beach clubs are also a good choice as they provide platforms to swim in the sea from, sunbeds, parasols, water sports and restaurants.
Kalkan is a place where many people return year after year as it 'ticks all the boxes' for a relaxing, enjoyable holiday.