La Ville au Tady
from £43 /night help
Cottage | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
La Ville au Tady is a detached cottage in over 1 acre of land. It is a traditional Breton long-house, or longère, that has been sympathetically renovated to retain its charm and character. Located in a small hamlet in Southern Brittany, the local village of Guegon is just a few minutes drive through quiet country lanes. Within the village you will find several bars, a general store, restaurant and the essential boulangerie-patisserie for your fresh baked baguette and croissants. The area is perfect for exploring on foot or cycle, with a designated cycle route passing through the hamlet. The medieval town of Josselin with its famous château, 17th Century half-timbered buildings, bars and restaurants is a scenic four mile drive. Brittany's largest inland lake is located nearby, with swimming, golf and water sport facilities. Superb beaches are to be found all along the nearby Morbihan coast which is said to have 365 small Islands, one to explore for each day of the year.
The cottage is a equally well suited to active families, those wishing to explore the historic towns of Brittany, or couples requiring a comfortable cottage and garden in which to relax.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Conleau 45 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Rennes 80 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Further details indoors|
• Master Bedroom: antique double bed in oak beamed room with dormer window overlooking rear garden (plus cot).
• Goose Bedroom: two singles with dormer window and Velux overlooking front garden.
• Third Bedroom: two singles in the far end of the cottage (access from ground floor only).
• Family Bathroom: on first floor with bath, over bath thermostatic shower, toilet and twin hand basins.
• Second Bathroom: ground floor shower room to rear of second lounge with toilet, hand basin and shower cubicle.
• Separate downstairs toilet.
• Separate kitchen off the lounge, refitted to modern standards while retaining the exposed beams. Breakfast table and 4 chairs. Well equipped with everything you will need for a comfortable stay including gas hob, electric oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, coffee maker, kettle, toaster.
• A utility area is provided within the ground floor bathroom, containing a washing machine, iron and ironing board, and hand basin.
• Large wash-line in garden and indoor drying rack.
• Hair-dryers provided.
The front door opens into a large oak beamed lounge/dining room. The original inglenook fireplace is centrepiece with a huge granite hearth with wood burning stove and two comfy sofas. A large oak table seats up to eight. TV/DVD and radio/CD/tape player.
The right hand side of the cottage consists of a separate lounge with sofa, TV/DVD/Sky & mini HiFi. Stairs lead up to the guest bedroom. Accessed at ground floor only, and with its own bathroom, this part of the cottage is ideal for a sharing family, parents or visiting friends.
The longère has a large wood burning stove set in an inglenook fireplace, with logs provided. For off season breaks, the longère also has electric thermostatic radiators in all rooms.
• For the benefit of all guests, we do not allow pets and the cottage is non-smoking.
• The weekly price is all-inclusive of gas, electric, logs and cleaning.
• We supply many of the consumable items you will need on holiday free of charge e.g. toilet paper, dishwasher tablets, washing powder and conditioner, washing up liquid, liquid hand soap, cooking foil, cling-film, cooking oil, olive oil, wine vinegar, salt & pepper, cleaning materials, bin bags, candles, fire-lighters etc.
• We provide an additional folding single bed to increase flexibility of your sleeping arrangements (but not overall occupancy rate) e.g. 3 children may prefer to sleep together in the same bedroom.
|Further details outdoors|
The property stands in over one acre of mature fenced gardens. There is a small orchard with cherry, plum, apple, pear, walnut, hazelnut and sweet chestnut trees. Please help yourselves to any fruit or nuts in season. A wooded area with mown footpaths to the rear of the cottage is a peaceful oasis as well as a great place for children to explore and play.
• There is parking for two cars on a drive at the front.
• A gravel terrace at the rear contains a teak table and six chairs providing an area for outdoor eating and barbecues.
• A hardwood table and six chairs are also provided in the front garden for alfresco meals.
• There is also a wrought iron table and 4 chairs under the fruit trees, where you can relax in the dappled sunshine eating lunch on a hot day.
• A charcoal barbecue and garden furniture, including a variety of relaxers/loungers, are provided.
• A games chest is provided for outdoor games: badminton, beach ball, cricket, football, boules etc.
• There are two children's tree swings, a chair hammock and full sized hammock available for your use.
• We provide 4 cycles suitable for use on road or trails, together with a child seat and trailer-bike. These are great for exploring the quiet local roads and tracks.
• The cottage is cleaned between bookings, and the cost is included in the rental fee.
• Our normal changeover day is Saturday. Departing guests should leave by 10am and new guests should arrive after 4pm.
• Off season breaks are flexible for changeover day, length of stay and arrival/departure times (min. stay 5 nights).
• An Information File, tourist information and local guides/maps will be found in the cottage.
• Free WiFi internet access is available, with use of our lap-top if required.
• You are welcome to use of our telephone - free to receive calls and outgoing calls at cost.
We have been renting our holiday home since 2006 and have welcomed over 100 satisfied guests, many returning year after year. We are members of the independent quality assurance scheme Your Holiday Matters (Google them for details).
The Brittany region
There are many interesting small villages and larger towns in the region, and certainly more than you could explore in a two week holiday.
Auray is a lovely old town with lots of shops and restaurants, an old port and an excellent Sunday market.
Vannes is a large town on the edge of the Gulf of Morbihan with an old quarter bustling with good restaurants and small shops. Excellent markets are held on Wednesdays and Saturdays and a famous jazz festival in July.
Carnac has excellent beaches but is also world famous for being an ancient and historic place with over 3,000 prehistoric megalithic stones.
We provide a great selection of maps and guides at our cottage to ensure you get the most out of your holiday. There is comprehensive information on places to visit and suggestions for activities on our personal web site, email us for further details.
Our local village, Guegon, is just a 5 minute drive and contains a variety of local shops & facilities including bars, general store, excellent boulangerie-patisserie, restaurant, boules court, tennis courts.
Our local town, Josselin, (10 mins) is a medieval town of character designated a 'Petite Cité de Caractère' and Floral Town. It boasts a famous riverside Château, 11th century Church and 17th century housing. There is a fine selection of bars, restaurants, cafes and shops, and a bustling Saturday market. We think it is one of the best small towns in Brittany.
A 20min. drive away is Dukes Lake, at over 600 acres one of the largest in Brittany, with a man made beach, lake swimming, sailing, kayaking, water-skiing, and pedalos. There is also a cafe, an excellent golf course, and a lakeside trail planted with 5,000 hydrangeas of 220 different species.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
23 Jun 2014
"Great to Unwind"
Fantastic! Its been a wonderful week, and such a shame to have to come home & work.
I really have to say I was so very impressed by the cottage. I have never seen a rental so very well equipped. I think the owners have thought of everything. We never wanted for anything. Its a credit to them.
A car is essential but the location was ideal, only a few miles from town and yet all around was green countryside. The information pack provided was full and comprehensive. There is so much to do, so many places to see and visit, its almost impossible to get around them all in the brief holiday time.
We were blessed with some wonderful weather. Our friends who travelled with us have never experienced such tranquillity and practicality. All in all the week has been a present to us all.
1 Jun 2014
"A BRILLIANT HOLIDAY"
We stayed at La Ville au Tady 24/5/14-31/05/14.
The owner has thought of everything,we have never stayed at a cottage with some many extras.Tissues,hand soap,tin foil,kitchen roll, too many to mention.The use of the laptop
was very much appriciated.We were lucky with the sunshine and had some very long lunches in the garden.A big thank you to the owner.
8 May 2013
"Beautiful, relaxing property"
I have stayed at La Ville au Tady 3 times and have always enjoyed our holidays.The property is beautiful, homely and fantastically equipped. The owners are very pleasant to deal with.The setting of th… More
28 Feb 2013
"Everything was perfect!"
I'd like to echo all the wonderful reviews I've read about this awesome farmhouse, the town of Josselyn, and the central location. Not to be missed is the pub in the Chateau wall downtown Vannes. It's a quick drive and has a splendid atmosphere. Bring a GPS too...
18 Feb 2013
"Wonderful French countryside location"
A beautiful location for our week long stay. The house was as described and as seen in the pictures - very clean. The location was great for our trips to St. Malo, Mount St. Michel and Quiberon. The w… More
10 Feb 2013
"After Paris, see another side of France in this charming village cottage"
We (2 American couples in their 60s) celebrated our 40th wedding anniversaries staying a week in Paris followed by a slower week in this charming Josselin area cottage. The cottage is roomy and divide… More
10 Feb 2013
"Charm and comfort"
The cottage is charming and located on a quiet road near the delightful town of Josselin. We had a most comfortable stay. We travelled with our grown daughter, but the cottage would also be very sui… More
10 Feb 2013
"Perfect in Every Way"
It is impossible to say enough good about La Ville au Tady. Everything from its location in the countryside near the beautiful town of Josselin to its furnishings to the lovely yard and to its most t… More
10 Feb 2013
"You Will Never Want To Leave! Perfect!"
Thank you so much for all your generosity. Your home was perfect. We had such a fine stay here. We all hate to leave and wish we had booked more time. The kids had so much fun playing in the huge … More
10 Feb 2013
"Lovely Traditional Longere, highly recommended"
We had a fantastic time, not least because the weather was amazing but also it was very comfortable, welcoming and well considered for guests.Garden lovely, fabulous use of bikes, master bedroom beaut… More
You're booking with
Martin & Esther S.
- 2 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:27 Dec 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- 650 properties
- 59 properties
- 53 properties
- Blavet Valley-old
- 50 properties
- 39 properties
- 25 properties
- 20 properties
- 19 properties
- 15 properties
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 7 properties
- Uzel pres l'Oust-old
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- St Aignan, Morbihan-old
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties