Fairway Sands Villa
House | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 7
This stunning but comfortable Villa featured in the BBC's show "Wanted Down Under" is located a stone throw away from Australia’s premier GOLF COURSE. After a game of golf at the pristine Joondalup Golf Course enjoy a drink in an English style pub, the Kangaroo Arms. Tired of cooking? Enjoy a meal at the various first class restaurants. This villa is an ideal location for visiting friends or migrating families.
Some of Perth's BEST BEACHES are situated within 5 minutes from your 4 X 3 townhouse accommodation. At the beach you can enjoy swimming, fishing, snorkeling, body boarding , surfing, boating or relax and soak up the rays of sunshine and read a book.
Hop on the bus which can take you to Joondalup City Centre. In fact if you enjoy walking the city centre is within walking distance. Here you will find restaurants, shops, pubs, cinemas, parks, medical centre, banks, train station and the Lake Side Shopping Centre.
The local shopping centre is about 500m away from your villa. Here you will find 3 restaurants, take-always, supermarket, liquor store, pharmacy, hairdresser and a beauty salon.
Within the area there are many activities to keep families occupied, these include Skate International (roller skating), Jungle Gym, Go Bananas(kids fun park) , Dark Light(laser games), Indoor Volley Ball, Ten Pin Bowling, Mini Golf.
|Size||Sleeps up to 7, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Ocean Reef Marina 2 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Perth 35 km, Nearest railway: Joondalup / Edgewater / Currambine Station 1.9 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Sauna, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 1 En suites and 2 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Further details indoors|
This air conditioned, recently renovated modern two story villa offers an open plan kitchen with a lounge and dining room leading off the kitchen. Downstairs you will find a laundry , separate WC and the fourth bedroom / activity area
The fourth bedroom is furnished with a comfortable double futon bed.
The 3 bedroom upstairs are set up as follows:-
The luxurious master bedroom with a queen sized bed, en-suite shower and WC. Leading off this bedroom is a balcony overlooking Connolly.
The second bedroom has a queen sized bed.
The third bedroom has two single beds.
There is a separate second bathroom and shower upstairs with a separate WC.
This home can easily accommodate up to 7 guests in comfort with ease.
|Further details outdoors|
Leading from the en-suite upstairs is a spacious balcony, furnished with a table and chairs. You will be able to relax and enjoy the stunning views across Connolly sipping your Chardonay.
A covered patio leads out from the lounge. On the patio you will find patio furniture and a barbecue. This will enable you to entertain your guests and enjoy a good Aussie barbecue!
Outside your front door there is a double covered car port available for safe parking.
The villa benefits from its pool which is easily accessible. In fact the pool is situated next to the villa. It has a shallow end perfect for young children. There is a sauna available in the pool area.
Welcome pack provided on arrival.
Swimming pool may be closed during winter months for maintenance.
The Arena Sorts Complex is situated 2K's from the unit and has a heated Olympic sisze swimming pool with water slides and Sauna's. Ideal for the cold winter monts.
Check in is after 2pm on the date of arrival and check out before 10am - UNLESS NEGOTIATED.
The Western Australia region
Western Australia is full of Golden beaches stretching along the coast line. It enjoys more hours of sunshine than any of the other Australian state capital cities, and in fact is the second sunniest city in the world. Unlike many other areas in Australia, Perth is blessed with a Mediterranean style climate, so enjoys hot dry summers and mild winters. The "Fremantle Doctor" is a refreshing afternoon breeze which blows throughout the summer months to relieve the summer heat. So don't delay... What a place for a holiday!
Perth is one of the cleanest cities in the world, with a mixture of old and new. Shopping in the city is great with late night shopping on Friday nights, then enjoy a few drinks or a meal in Northbridge / Leederville, all situated within walking distance to the train station.
On Sundays catch a train to Frematle and enjoy the huge markets. Here you find food, clothes, art work and even your Aussie Souvenirs.
Fremantle Prison at night is a real treat or the Maritime museum is worth a visit.
Perth Zoo is a must and can be reached by catching a train, bus and ferry.
Connolly is a popular suburb of Perth. It is situated in the Joondalup Shire, 25km north of Perth's CBD. It is quite central with a 2 minute drive to Lakeside Shopping Centre and a 7 minute drive to Whitford City. These are two major shopping malls offering the ultimate shopping experience.
* FOR GOLFERS OF ALL LEVELS, Connolly offers its own challenging 27 hole golf course which was designed by Robert Trent Jones.
Perth has the cleanest un-spoilt beaches with the contrasting beauty of the native bush land. The Sunset Coast includes a strip of un-spoilt beach stretching from Fremantle to Yanchep National Park.
* SWIMMING BEACH - Mullaloo - 5 km away
* FISHING BEACH - Ocean Reef Marina - 2 km away
* FREMANTLE is a must with its markets, pubs, art and crafts, fish and chips at Cirello's. Catch a train from Joondalup station to get there! For those more daring enjoy a tour of Fremantle Prison at night., or simply the maritime museum
* YANCHEP NATIONAL PARK has impressive limestone underground caves, taut tree forests, parks for picnics, a historic inn and supervised wildflower walks in season. The native bush is spectacular and there is a thriving community of koalas and kangaroos. The quaintly named Loch McNess is a wildflower sanctuary. In this vicinity you will find THE STABLES offering horse-riding lessons and trail rides along the beach at sunset.
* HILLARY'S BOAT HARBOUR is a vibrant board walked marina which offers numerous attractions. It is situated 15min from Connolly. Here you will find Sorrento Quay which sports - restaurants, shops, bars, cafes, takeaways, smorgasbords etc. Other activities include water skiing, boating and the safest swimming beaches.
* AQWA - The largest aquarium in Australia allows you to discover the unique marine life of Western Australia’s 12,00km coastline. It features an underwater tunnel with the world's largest collection of marine life which includes living coral reefs, rays, turtles, giant sharks, playful seals and hands-on fun.
* JOONDALUP'S CITY CENTRE - Which is located about 5 minutes from Connolly has plenty of parking available. This city centre is home to shopping centres, cafes, restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, art galleries, take-away and cinema complex. Neil Hawkins Park is a 5 minute walk from the train station. It is a home to some amazing birdlife, wetlands, wild parrot and kangaroos feeding at dusk. There are barbecues available and tracks for bush walking and cycling.
* ARENA SPORTING COMPLEX - Situated about 2km away - includes a gym and indoor swimming pool.
Further a field:-
* MINDARIE KEYS - Picturesque Harbour with pubs, micro breweries and coffee shops
* ROTTNEST ISLAND - An 'A' class reserve with coral reefs, crystal clear waters, white sandy beaches, excellent for snorkeling and diving. Bikes available for hire on the island.
* WHITEMAN PARK - Revolutions' WA's most diverse transport exhibition - the Motor Museum of WA, tram and train rides, a variety of quaint craft shops, a fantastic bird of prey flying display, kids paddle pool and much more.
* CAVERSHAM WILDLIFE PARK - Situated at Whiteman Park is the home to most of Australia's favourite cuddly animals and exotic birds. It is a great place to picnic and relax. Take some time to make friends with some Australia's unique wildlife or try a camel ride. Spoil family or friends with an abundance of different Australian souvenirs sold at the souvenir shop.
* SWAN VALLEY - Lush green vineyards nestled at the foot of the Darling Range. There are over 30 wineries to visit and several boutique breweries. This region houses boutique restaurants, cafes, art and craft galleries and workshops. Visit the chocolate factory, cheese and ice cream factory.
* SWAN RIVER CRUISE - One of Perth’s "must do" experiences". Enjoy a wine cruise aboard Oceanic Cruises "Queen of the Valley". Savour a selection of Western Australia's wines on the open deck or in air-conditioned comfort whilst experiencing Perth's Swan River. Learn about wine making and enjoy a delicious lunch at Chester’s' Restaurant and Winery. From here a short coach trip to Houghton's Vineyard - more wine tasting. Then off to the Margaret River Chocolate Factory before rejoining the Queen of the Valley for a return journey back to Perth.
* SANDALFORD ESTATE - Is WA's leading wine tourism facility of highly acclaimed Sandalford Wines. Take a winery tour on suspended walkways or dine alfresco under the vines: enjoy a luxury river cruise or enroll in wine appreciation classes. The cellar door features, giftware, clothing, a stylish range of wine accessories, local produce, a wide range of multi-award winning Sandalford Premium, Element and fortified wines.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
1 Feb 2013
"Lovely and comfortable home from home"
Fairway sands villa was a great base for us during our time in Perth.its handy to get to mullaloo beach and Hilary's boat harbour which we really enjoyed, you do need a car to get around though. … More
30 Dec 2012
"tick all of our boxes"
On arrival it was nice to find that the owners David and Ingrid had left a comprehensive welcome pack,always a nice touch. Ingrid came to the villa the first afternoon to answer any questions we may of had and make sure that we were happy,we were. The villa was more like a home than a holiday let so it had a very relaxing feel to it, everything you required was there, right down to children's toys and games if needed.
The villa is very well situated for the beach,shopping or trips to Perth.The pool area is nice and convenient and is a good place to spend your lazy days.Without a doubt we would stay there again on any future visits to Joondalup.
9 Nov 2012
"Great House conveniently placed in pleasant area"
This was a well equipped house in a well situated and attractive suburb of Northern Perth, close to lovely beaches with everything you'd want close to hand. We had a great time here and our grandchildren enjoyed the pool when they came to visit. I'd go back again anytime. Ingrid was a wonderful hostess who went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed.
25 Sep 2012
"Ideal holiday home"
We stayed here for 6 weeks as a short term holiday let when we emigrated to perth. It was ideal for us and our 2 children. Clean, spacious, fully equiped house in a great location. Close to beaches… More
5 Oct 2011
"Great family home & well presented a++++++++++++++++++"
Our stay in the house was very much enjoyable
David & ingrid made us feel most welcome as if we were part of the FAMILY
They could not do anymore for us.
This area is great quiet but not to far from the beach shops etc
ps seen in on the telly in wanted down under Brilliant!!!!
3 Oct 2011
"Felt like home!"
House was way bigger than expected which was an added bonus! Kids loved park and beaches close by. Owners very friendly and welcoming and always prepared for help and information. Kids loved the playroom! House has everything you need and we loved it, really felt at home! Thank you for a wonderful stay, definitely recommend this villa!!
17 May 2011
"Fantastic home from home - great location for city and beaches"
We had a wonderful stay at Fairway Sands Villa - perfect for families visiting Perth. The property is spaceous and comfortable - and equipped with everything you could need. Location wise you are ideally placed for both discovering Perth City and the surrounding beaches. In addition the owners were so helpful before our arrival and during our stay - the personal touch made such a difference. We would definitely stay here again if we return to WA!!
You're booking with
- 1 Years listed
60% Response rate
Calendar last updated:26 Aug 2014
Based in Australia
- Perth, Perth Metro Area
- 75 properties
- 27 properties
- Quinns Rocks
- 18 properties
- 12 properties
- Mindarie Keys
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties