About the home
This very attractive, architect designed conversion of a Victorian mansion's former stables and coach house is ideally placed to make the most of a holiday in the fascinating and historic Scottish Borders. Boasting very spacious and well presented accommodation, and its own private garden, it also enjoys access to 10 acres of farmland grounds.
Almost all rooms of the Coachman's House are located on the ground floor. Coachman's House is exceptionally spacious, with three bedrooms and two sitting rooms for four people, making it ideal for couples wanting to holiday together but still retain some privacy.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 6.5km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
No smoking at this property
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 family bathrooms|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (2)|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
It is a detached property, spacious, beautifully furnished, well equipped and with full central heating.
Although available for only four people it has three bedrooms, two with double beds and one with twin beds.
It has two Bathroom/Shower rooms and two Sitting Rooms so is ideal for two couples sharing, but for one couple unused rooms can be closed off.
There are TVs, videos, and DVDs in both Sitting Rooms and TVs in two Bedrooms.
Bedlinen and towels are included; charge made for oil and electricity.
Kitchen equipment includes washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, larder fridge, deepfreeze.
Rooms are all on ground level except for one double bedroom.
Further details outdoors:
The garden is large, private and secure with two patios and garden furniture
Lovely walks can be taken directly from the house on bridle paths.
Pets are welcome at the Coachman's House
1. Lettings are for a minimum period of one week from 3.00 pm on Saturday to 10.00 am on the Saturday of departure.
2. A deposit of 25% of the total Hire Charge is required with the Booking Form. The receipt of a Booking Form is treated as a firm booking and if accepted the applicant becomes liable for the full balance of charges. The balance is payable six weeks prior to the commencement of the hiring. In the event of a booking not being accepted by the Owner, a full deposit will be returned immediately.
3. In the event of the Hirer being compelled to cancel he must notify the Owner in writing immediately. The Owner will endeavour to re-let the property and if successful will refund the Deposit and the balance of the Hiring Charges if already paid, less any expenses incurred in re-letting the property. Non payment of the balance of Hire Charges due as in Condition 2 above will be treated as a cancellation and the Owner will treat the property as being available for re-letting. In case the Hirer has to cancel it is suggested that he/she should arrange a suitable form of Holiday Insurance Cover.
4. The maximum number of persons stated as being allowed in the property may not be exceeded. The Owner reserves the right to terminate the hiring without notice and without refund in the case of a breach of this condition.
5. The Hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the period of hiring. He/she will make good any damage or loss and leave the property and its contents in a clean and tidy condition. The person held responsible for the hiring party will be the person who has signed the Booking Form.
6. The Owner reserves the right to decline to hand over the property to any person who in his opinion, or that of his agent, is not suitable to take charge. In such cases, all Hire Charges will be refunded in full.
7. If, due to circumstances outside his control, e.g. fire damage, the Owner is prevented from putting the property at the disposal of the Hirer, all monies shall be refunded in full, but the Hirer shall have no further claim against the Owner.
8. No liability is accepted by the Owner for any accident or injury to persons, or loss or damage to Hirer’s personal property inside or outside the property.
9. Whilst all reasonable care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars, no responsibility can be accepted by the Owner for any discrepancies that may occur. The Owner reserves the right to alter the specification of properties at any time.
The Scottish Borders region
The Borders offers a wide variety of events, attractions and activities. You can get the essential guide from www.visitscottishborders.com and a brochure on events from www.bordersevents.com.
There are plenty of castles and stately homes to visit in the region - more than any other part of Britain, it is said! Floors Castle (home of the Duke and Duchess of Roxburghe), Alnwick Castle (where Harry Potter was filmed!), Abbotsford (Home of Sir Walter Scott)....the list goes on! There are also various private gardens open to the public, including Kailzie Garden and Dawyck Botanical Garden in Peebles.
Lovers of the great outdoors will be in their element, with the Borders Abbeys Way, the John Buchan Way and Forestry Walking amongst the routes on offer. Maps are available from the Scottish Tourist Board. Walking Festivals are held each year in Melrose and Jedburgh. If walking is not your thing then you can explore the area on bike - choose from off road forest trails, local marked cycle trails on and off road and mountain biking.
There are lots of festivals every year too - all Borders towns have annual festivals connected to the Riding of Boundaries which took place when there was trouble at the borders between Scottish and English residents. There are spectacular parades on horseback. Walking festivals & Music festivals in the summer, classical or traditional folk.
Children can take part in their own nature trails and competitions, get creative at Pot-a-doodle-do arts centre, where they can also have a go at quad biking! If that doesn't take their fancy then there are adventure playgrounds at Bowhill and Floors Castle, as well Slotia Kids children's centre, a falconry centre, and Conundrum Farm visitor's centre.
The Jedburgh / Knowesouth area
Roads are quiet with very little traffic. Edinburgh is an easy one hour drive away, and Jedburgh, a delightful small town with shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as historic sights, is four miles distance.
This beautiful corner of Scotland is a delight to explore on quiet country roads. Abbeys, castles and stately homes and gardens abound and there is excellent walking, cycling, fishing and riding to be enjoyed locally as well as several championship golf courses nearby - and some less demanding ones. Water sports are available at Kielder and St Mary's Loch. Edinburgh's city attractions and the glorious Northumberland coast are all within easy reach, whilst shopping bargains can be found in the knitwear mills for which the area is famed. Jedburgh, with its shops, restaurants and pubs and magnificent abbey ruins, is just 4 miles, as is Denholm village.
Visit ruined abbeys in Melrose, Kelso and Jedburgh, try your hand at watersports ar Keilder Dam and St Mary's Loch, have a go at horseriding, with schools for all abilities, get active at one of the nearby leisure centres or grab a bargain at a mill shop!
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Coachman's House is in an area of outstanding natural beauty, near the A698 road, 4 miles west of Jedburgh, in the Scottish Borders, UK.
See www.traveline.org.uk for all UK public transport info.
Activities near Jedburgh
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
25 Apr 2013
Just spent a wonderful few days at the Coachman's House. It is absolutely beautiful. We were made most welcome by Carol & Graham. A delicious homemade chocolate cake ready for us. Milk & orange... more
23 Apr 2013
An absolute must for any discerning traveller.The perfect base to see the Scottish Borders from.The owners could not do enough to make us feel welcome including a homemade coffee and walnut cake on... more
14 Apr 2013
The property was extremely cold and we had to put the heating on constant (which had a direct effect on the bill) and it still was not warm. This was mentioned on Day 1 along with the lack of Wi Fi... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|19 Jan 13||22 Mar 13||£ 260||-||-||1 Week|
|30 Mar 13||6 Apr 13||£ 380||-||-||1 Week|
|6 Apr 13||4 May 13||£ 350||-||-||1 Week|
|4 May 13||1 Jun 13||£ 385||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Jun 13||8 Jun 13||£ 395||-||-||1 Week|
|8 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||£ 420||-||-||1 Week|
|29 Jun 13||31 Aug 13||£ 500||-||-||1 Week|
|31 Aug 13||5 Oct 13||£ 400||-||-||1 Week|
|5 Oct 13||19 Oct 13||£ 300||-||-||1 Week|
|19 Oct 13||21 Dec 13||£ 260||-||-||1 Week|
|21 Dec 13||4 Jan 14||£ 600||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
THanks for all your help. I think that at long last I have made it. Unfortunately I have missed out3 weeks and I dont know how to add them in.:-<BR>Feb27 to march 5 at 260<BR>March 6 to March 12 at 260<BR>March 13 to 19 at 270<BR><BR>Can you advise me how to rectify this error. Or alternatively could you do it for me.<BR><BR>Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
5 years listed
You are contacting
Carol and Graham Watt
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2007. This house has received 6 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.