About the home
Ideal for two families with 2 kitchens/barbecues 3 patios 3 separate bedrooms with a bed settee located within the smaller property, 2 bathrooms, this makes for flexible holidays with enough privacy but as the two properties are next to each other good for socailising.
Located far from the maddening crowds, with views across the Olive Groves. Good access to the cultural regions of Andalucia with Cordoba, 1.5 hrs. Malaga 1 hour. Granada 1 hour. Antequera 30mins. Iznajar 20 mins.
Try a day out and a day relaxing by our private pool with plenty of shade and sunshine, spoil yourselves for a change.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Iznajar lake beach, 15km|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 8km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
No smoking at this property
Catering available either Spanish or UK styles
Sunday brunch available
|Luxuries:||DVD player, Staffed Property, Boat available for guest use|
|Pool:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge|
|Other:||Please check with the advertiser regarding linen and towels|
|Outdoors:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, BBQ, Bicycles available|
Further details indoors:
The two properties have their own private entrances with Casa Limon enjoying 2 patios 2 bedrooms 1 king size double and one further with 1 set bunk beds and 1 single bed accessed either from exterior stairs or a spiral internal staircase.
A full bathroom with a bath and shower over with WHB and WC. Ground floor has a fitted and fully equipped kitchen with diner and 2 settees, T.V. with DVD, Freeview. On the top patio there is a large table with chairs, sheltered underneath a gazebo offering shade and the lower patio has a further table and chairs with gas barbecue.
The smaller property has access fro the roadway with a large patio fitted with table & chairs & a gas barbecue. Inside there is an en-suite bedroom with shower cubicle WHB WC access through to the dining area and a small kitchen fully fitted.
25% non refundable deposit to reserve with balance due 8 weeks prior to arrival
You may now pay with Pay Pal monthly if you prefer
The Andalucia / Cordoba Province region
Our property is situated deep in the heart of Andalucia away from all the high rise blocks and mass tourism of the busy coastal resorts. We feel that this is the real unspoilt Spain that not everybody gets to experience, rich in local customs, culture and warmth of the local people not to mention the outstanding natural beauty of the landscape.
Cities worth seeing
- This is the perfect retreat for those wanting a chill out holiday whilst being ideally located for exploring the main cultural centres of the Andalucia, especially Granada, Cordoba and Seville.
Visit Granada's magnificent Alhambra palace, the last strong hold of the Moors in Spain, Cordoba's incredible Mezquita mosque & Cathedral and Seville's Cathedral , Giralda tower, plaza de Espana and Real Alacazar.
Locally the charming town of Antequera with it's many buildings of architectural interest , historical Roman and Moorish influences including the Moorish castle overlooking the town is definitely worth visiting.
- The summers here are long, hot and sunny with cloudless skies perfect for relaxing around the pool whilst spring is also pleasantly warm & the countryside is alive with a profusion of wild flowers in the olive groves
During autumn and winter the cooler weather is ideal for out door pursuits, the sun sets are wonderful, the lemon & orange trees bear fruit and the olives are ready for harvest.
- This is a genuinely unspoilt working rural area producing some of Spain's finest quality olive oil.
Try some typical Andalucian cuisine such as delicious chorizo, Porras Antequera, Jamon Serrano, Morcilla, Gazpacho Tortillas, and many tasty pork dishes with a glass of chilled fino or a rioja in one of many tapas bars or very resonably priced restaurants in the area.
- Experience the vibrant energy of the local ferias in the summer months with authentic flamenco, singing, dancing, children's rides, shows and more into the early hours! There are two main ferias in Antequera , May and August. More locally Villanueva de Algaidas first week in August, La Atalaya in May, Iznajar and La Parrilla in early September plus many more in other locations. The more serious but unmissable Semana Santa (Easter) processions and festivities are also a must to see.
- Walking: There are many local walks of varying degrees of difficulty, with tracks and trails around the nearby lake with stunning views and for more serious walkers the GR7 (Gran Recorrido) footpath which crosses Andalucia passes very close by & into Cordoba province through the beautiful & dramatic SIERRAS SUBETICA Parque natural.
The EL TORCAL - Parque natural with remarkable limestone rock formations, abundant flora and fauna, walking trails & incredible views towards the Mediterranean lies south of Antequera. Approx 50 mins.
El Chorro gorge and nearby lakes with beach water sports. approx. 90 mins
Fuente de Piedra with its huge lagoon & nature reserve is famous for hundreds of flamingo and at least 30 species of aquatic birds.approx. 40 mins.
Washington Irving Route: Follow the route taken by the 19th century traveller/writer from Seville & the Alhambra, Granada described in 'The Tales of the Alhambra'.
Nearby is an excellent Riding stables and school offering hacking, trail riding, day & weekend rides ,riding, dressage & jumping lessons and pony rides for children.(english speaking)
- Quad biking
Available at an off road track near Antequera
18 hole par 72 Golf course at Antequera set amidst superb scenery set in the mountains with 10 lakes and spectacular views of El Torcal and over the plains of Antequera. Also there are wide variety of courses on the coast approx. 1 hour plus.
Skiing at the Sierra Nevada ski resort. We are approx.75 mins away from the Sierra Nevada mountain range and Ski resort south of Granada. The resort enjoys a longer than average season & offers excellent skiing for all levels of ability. Dedicated snowboard area. Husky dog sleigh rides & snowbikes for hire. Also ski equipment hire.
Mountain bikes available to rent subject to notice.
Day trip to Madrid?! New High speed 2.5 hour rail link from Antequera to Madrid now open.
The Iznajar / La Parrilla area
- We are close to the attractive 32 km lake at Iznajar which is overlooked by the historic town itself set high on a rocky out crop and surrounded by olive clad hills and mountains. The lake beach offers swimming, swimming,canoe & pedaloe hire in summer and this is perfect walking and bird watching country.
Iznajar with its fascinating winding narrow streets, Moorish castle & Church offers many little bars, restaurants and dozens of small shops. The property is situated within an unspoilt typically rural location which produces some of Spain's finest olive oil & you may experience some agricultural noise from time to time. The olive harvesting period runs from approx December to March/April
- La Parrilla village has a typical local Andalucian bar (serves tapas) ,play area with swings/slides, hardcourt for football/tennis ,olive mill & ancient chapel.Visit the town of Villanueva de Algaidas with its restaurants, tapas bars & shops including small supermarkets.There are even two nightclubs here for the younger generation!
For children there is the Science park at Granada, Donkey Sanctuary at Fuente de Piedra, Wolf Park near Antequera as well as the lake beach summer activities.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
- Fly to Granada (40-50 minutes away)
Try www.ryanair.com, www.flymonarch.com,
- Fly to Malaga ( 1 hour away)
Check www.easyjet , www.flybe.com, www.thomsonfly.com, www.flymonarch.com, www.jet2.com , www.bmibaby.com - also many other charter flights.
- We recommend car hire with www.carjet.com who have cars at Malaga and Granada airports and are very competitively priced.
- The journey from Malaga and Granada airports to Casa Limon is quite straight forward and and there are lovely open views of country side ,mountains and the lake at Iznajar.
We supply detailed directions upon booking.
If you wish to travel by ferry & car we can also provide directions if needed.
Activities near Iznajar
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
17 Oct 2012
We found our way to La Parilla in the dark and were very pleased with the directions and the amazing starter pack of food and drink. La Casita was ideal for the two of us, well equipped, comfortable;... more
We thank you for taking the time to review your recent holiday with us here in La Parrilla and we are delighted that you enjoyed it so much. We certainly enjoyed showing you how to cook the real... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 8|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|1 Jul 12||1 Sep 12||£ 730||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Sep 12||1 Oct 12||£ 683||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Oct 12||1 Nov 12||£ 499||£ 74||£ 79||3 Nights|
|1 Nov 12||1 Mar 13||£ 394||£ 58||£ 63||3 Nights|
|1 Mar 13||1 Apr 13||£ 394||£ 58||£ 63||3 Nights|
|1 Apr 13||1 May 13||£ 499||£ 74||£ 79||4 Nights|
|1 May 13||1 Jun 13||£ 578||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||£ 657||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||£ 730||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||£ 667||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||£ 499||£ 74||£ 79||3 Nights|
|1 Nov 13||28 Feb 14||£ 394||£ 58||£ 63||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Prices are inclusive of any taxes, gas, electricity, water, all linen, and a small welcome pack.
PayPal attracts a small service charge.
Transfer of deposit and balance may be transferred in either euros' or sterling
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here