Farmhouse-fantastic lake views
Farmhouse | 6 bedrooms | sleeps 10
This cortijo (farmhouse) is a fantastic holiday home with stunning views over the Lake of Andalucia and Iznajar itself. It is in one of most idyllic locations in this area with complete privacy and freedom. There is a separate studio to the rear with its own private garden. Beautifully furnished throughout in the Moorish style. Close to Iznajar and many breathtaking walks directly from your front door. The more energetic can walk through the olive groves to the local BP Station where hot sticks of bread are for sale daily together with other essentials, and next door is a Spanish tapas bar/restaurant to refresh yourselves before the walk back to take a dip in the fabulous pool. The pool is accessed by a lockable door so is entirely safe for small children. FREE wifi is available.
This villa is approved and registered with the Junta de Andalucia Tourism Office - VTAR/CO/127.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 6 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Lake Iznajar or Malaga|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||1.5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Granada & Malaga 80 km, Nearest railway: Bobadilla 40 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Video player, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 4 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (7), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
• Beautifully furnished
• Four en-suite bedrooms
• 2 twin bedrooms have zip bed so can be used as large doubles
• Large fridge-freezer in kitchen & chest freezer in Utility Room
• Separate twin bedded en-suite studio to the rear with its own private garden, small fridge, oven & hob
• Wonderful large lounge/diner with fan assisted wood burner
• Large library of books and DVD's
• Many toys and games for the children
• FREE wifi
|Further details outdoors|
• Swimming Pool (9m x 5m) accessed by a lockable door so is entirely safe for small children
• Two very pretty gardens both with fantastic views
• Plenty of parking spaces
• Access along a tarmac track
• Sun loungers
• Outside table and chairs
• Outside built in bar area with beer fridge and hatch though to the kitchen
• Umbrellas and shaded areas
• Gas BBQ
• Washing facilities
• Smoking is permitted outside of the accommodation only
• 25% non-refundable deposit due at time of booking
• Balance due 10 weeks prior to commencement of holiday
• To allow for cleaning - occupation not until 4.00pm, vacation by 10.00am
• All clients must have adequate holiday and personal medical insurance
• A welcome pack is provided
• Cots etc available on request
• A £200.00 refundable security deposit is required
• Daily cleaning can be arranged at a cost of 9€ per hour
The Andalucia region
Andalucia is home to a large and varied selection of towns, cities and places to visit:
SEVILLE - some 2.5 hours by car it is one of the largest historical centres in Europe.
MALAGA - About 1.15 hours by car, Malaga is the capital of the Costa del Sol with miles of sandy beaches.
GRANADA – 1.15 hours by car. Granada stands at the foot of Spain's highest mountain range, the Sierra Nevada and is famous for the Alhambra Palace and stunning gardens.
CORDOBA - 1.5 hours by car. Cordoba is home to the Great Mosque, or "Mezquita". In early May, homeowners proudly festoon their patios with flowers to compete for the city's "most beautiful courtyard" contest.
Iznajar appears like an island that rises out of the surrounding water and is perched on a hilltop. Its transformation occurred some years ago with the creation of the water reservoir, romantically named The Lake of Andalucia. Iznajar now has a waterfront overlooking an inland sea some 30kms long, and containing an estimated 900 million cubic metres of water.
The ruins of the 1,200-year-old castle are a key attraction Also worth visiting is the Santiago Church, built over time during the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. Iznajar also has a small but fascinating municipal museum, dedicated to its agricultural heritage and local customs.
Local cuisine reflects Iznajar's position in a prime pork production region, as well as variations on classic Andaluz platos. There are many local taverns and tapas bars in and around the village.
Semana Santa, Easter week is the most important festival here. Townsfolk come together to present a religious theatrical epic with key scenes from the bible and the crucifixion. They celebrate the day of San Marcos on April 25 by quitting the town entirely for a mass picnic in the countryside at Valdearenas, the lakeside beach. Iznajar's annual September feria usually takes place from September 7-10.
We can arrange the following services to make your stay in this beautiful country even more memorable. Pre-booking is essential, please contact us for details.
• Reiki & Massage Therapy – A fully qualified beautician offers treatments by the poolside whilst you relax in the sun
• Extreme Sports Adventure – A thrilling day out quadbiking or snowboarding in the Sierra Nevada
• Painting Days – Treat yourself to a relaxing day with a local artist in her art studio
• Bird Watching - Organised trips around the local countryside
However, if your ideal holiday is to explore further afield then there is much on offer within easy reach from water parks, wolf park, and cultural visits to skiing in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
If there is any activity you are particularly interested in, let us know when you book and we will do our best to help you.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
30 Oct 2012
I live in Iznajar but wanted a holiday for my 50th Birthday but didn't want a party without all my friends being there. This was the perfect solution. Lots of space, a lovely pool, TV to watch the Olympics and the best party ever with dancing on the huge terrace overlooking Iznajar which was all lit up, so picturesque. Dad started planning for next year before we'd even left! The facilities were great, plenty of space, bathrooms/beds etc but no internet with printer, a drag for checking in etc. NB: WE DO NOT KNOW THE OWNERS.
We now have free Wifi/internet access
You're booking with
Amanda Toone (Property Manager Lets Holiday Spain)
- 2 Years listed
Based in Spain
Credit cards accepted
- Mijas Costa-ni
- 477 properties
- 62 properties
- 60 properties
- 56 properties
- 41 properties
- 34 properties
- 27 properties
- 24 properties
- 22 properties
- 21 properties
- Alcala La Real-ni
- 20 properties
- 17 properties
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 11 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties