Cottage Fantastic Lake View
Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
The cottage benefits from its own swimming pool, with a shallow end perfect for the children. Leading from the living area is a beautiful terrace with table and chairs to enable you to dine alfresco and stunning views over the olive groves of the lake and mountains beyond. The accommodation is very light and airy, an ideal family home with one double and one twin bedroom in a tranquil and very peaceful location. Both bedrooms are equipped with air conditioning. It’s just a 5 minute drive to the beautiful village of Iznajar where you can find all amenities and plenty of bars and restaurants for eating out.
This holiday accommodation is approved and registered with the Junta de Andalucia Tourism Office - VTAR/CO/101
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Lake Iznajar or Malaga|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Malaga or Granada, Nearest railway: Bobadilla|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
• Attached to the British owners Villa
• With totally private entrance, pool and terraces
• Open plan living area with free standing fan
• Air conditioning in both bedrooms
• Plenty of wardrobes, drawers & chests
• Mosquito blinds fitted to all windows
• Charming décor throughout
|Further details outdoors|
• Stunning lake and mountain views
• Swimming Pool (trapexiodal shaped) – 30m², 4ft by the steps & 5ft deep end
• Terraces with table and chairs
• Further terraces with sun loungers
• Shaded areas and umbrellas
• Peaceful Location
• Access to the property and pool area is via a flight of steps and is therefore not accessible to wheelchair users or anyone with mobility problems.
• Large gas BBQ
• Utility Room with washing machine and whirligig clothesline
• Pretty gardens
• Parking spaces
• Smoking is permitted outside of the accommodation only
• 25% non-refundable deposit due at time of booking
• Balance due 10 weeks prior to commencement of holiday
• To allow for cleaning - occupation not until 4.00pm, vacation by 10.00am
• All guests are responsible for their own holiday and personal medical insurance
• Beach & Pool towels are provided
• A welcome pack is provided
• English speaking owners on hand to answer any questions
• Cots etc available on request
• A £200.00 refundable security deposit is required
The Andalucia region
Andalucia is home to a large and varied selection of towns, cities and places to visit:
SEVILLE - some 2.5 hours by car it is one of the largest historical centres in Europe.
MALAGA - About 1.15 hours by car, Malaga is the capital of the Costa del Sol with miles of sandy beaches.
GRANADA – 1.15 hours by car. Granada stands at the foot of Spain's highest mountain range, the Sierra Nevada and is famous for the Alhambra Palace and stunning gardens.
CORDOBA - 1.5 hours by car. Cordoba is home to the Great Mosque, or "Mezquita". In early May, homeowners proudly festoon their patios with flowers to compete for the city's "most beautiful courtyard" contest.
Iznajar appears like an island that rises out of the surrounding water and is perched on a hilltop. Its transformation occurred some years ago with the creation of the water reservoir, romantically named The Lake of Andalucia. Iznajar now has a waterfront overlooking an inland sea some 30kms long, and containing an estimated 900 million cubic metres of water.
The ruins of the 1,200-year-old castle are a key attraction Also worth visiting is the Santiago Church, built over time during the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. Iznajar also has a small but fascinating municipal museum, dedicated to its agricultural heritage and local customs.
Local cuisine reflects Iznajar's position in a prime pork production region, as well as variations on classic Andaluz platos. There are many local taverns and tapas bars in and around the village.
Semana Santa, Easter week is the most important festival here. Townsfolk come together to present a religious theatrical epic with key scenes from the bible and the crucifixion. They celebrate the day of San Marcos on April 25 by quitting the town entirely for a mass picnic in the countryside at Valdearenas, the lakeside beach. Iznajar's annual September feria usually takes place from September 7-10.
We can arrange the following services to make your stay in this beautiful country even more memorable. Pre-booking is essential, please contact us for details.
• Reiki & Massage Therapy – A fully qualified beautician offers treatments by the poolside whilst you relax in the sun
• Extreme Sports Adventure – A thrilling day out quadbiking or snowboarding in the Sierra Nevada
• Painting Days – Treat yourself to a relaxing day with a local artist in her art studio
• Bird Watching - Organised trips around the local countryside
However, if your ideal holiday is to explore further afield then there is much on offer within easy reach from water parks, wolf park, and cultural visits to skiing in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
If there is any activity you are particularly interested in, let us know when you book and we will do our best to help you.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
27 Mar 2013
"Far enough away from real life to get away from it all."
Our stay in Iznajar really was all we expected it to be. We were looking for somewhere that was close to shops and restaurants but far enough away to offer peace and quiet. And that's what we got! Situated about six kilometers from Iznajar itself, we were able to be ourselves and, even though the weather was poor (after all, it was February!), we could enjoy the walks, television and a good internet connection.
The house is in perfect condition, something that isn't always the case when staying in residential areas. We came back to our own home in Spain with some ideas to develop in our own place!
The owners, who live next door, were so helpful, keeping us informed of anything we might need to know and supplying s with details about Iznajar itself. I should imagine that July and August will be fantastic though, for people coming from England, May, June, September and October will offer splendid weather as well. Better to go home with a suntan rather than red skin!
Thank-you owners, for making us feel comfortable.
28 Jul 2011
"Yes, view was fantastic!"
Lovely comfortable, clean, carefully thought out accomodation. Pool and terraces perfect to make most of the views over countryside and lake. Pleasant, non intrusive hosts who provided an excellent &… More
You're booking with
Lets Holiday Spain (Property Manager Lets Holiday Spain)
- 1 Years listed
Based in Spain
Credit cards accepted
- 68 properties
- 67 properties
- 34 properties
- Hacienda del Alamo Golf Resort
- 33 properties
- Alhama de Granada
- 25 properties
- 25 properties
- Alcala La Real
- 24 properties
- Priego de Cordoba
- 23 properties
- 22 properties
- 18 properties
- 16 properties
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- Marines, Los, Periana
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- Villanueva De Algaidas
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- Moraleda De Zafayona
- 6 properties