Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Casa Limon is a recently converted cottage adjoining our own Cortijo (with own private entrance & terraces) situated in a delightful rural setting with beautiful views over olive clad hills & the tiny village of La Parrilla lying in the valley below.
Nearby is the historic town of Iznajar with Moorish castle high on a rocky outcrop overlooking it's breathtaking 32km lake known as 'The lake of Andalucia' surrounded by hills & mountains. The charming town of Antequera with it's many buildings of architectural interest & nearby stunning El Torcal parque natural lie approx.30/40 mins away.
For those interested in outdoor leisure pursuits the lake offers fishing & swimming, sailing, canoes, pedaloes etc from it's beach in summer whilst this is perfect walking, mountain biking & bird watching country. Local horse riding & superb, challenging, 18 hole golf course closeby. Ideally situated for exploring Granada, Cordoba and Seville - spend a relaxing holiday deep in the heart of rural Andalucia and experience real Spain. This is an area steeped in tradition and culture and is known as the Real Spain and we are an ideal base for the culure vultures who love to relax and enjoy the history of our region. Your hosts will not only cook for you but will also show you how to make a Paella in the correct manner, combine this with one of our Whisky Masterclasses and truly relax into a different lifestyle, Welcome to La Parrilla
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Iznajar lake beach 15 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||8 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Granada & Malaga 85 km, Nearest railway: Antequera 40 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Staffed property|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Fax machine, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (3), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
Fully furnished Living room with a 2 seater and a 3 seater settee, dining table & chairs with a fully fitted kitchen area to one end complete with small oven, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, 4 burner gas hob and crockery and cutlery for 6 settings. Central heating and a further wall mounted heater for the cooler marnings and evenings as required. Flat screen TV with sky free to air satellite channels, spiral staircase to first floor,window to side & front.
Front door leading to enclosed tlled patio area fitted with a gas barbecue, gas is included, dining table and chairs, steps leading to upper patio that also is fitted with table and chairs and is sheltered with a gazebo.
An internal spiral staircase gives access to-
- First floor with hall/landing with door to walled tiled terrace enjoying a great deal of privacy.
- Fully tiled Bathroom with bath & shower above, wash hand basin and Wc.
- Bedroom 1 with king size bed with feather topper for that extra comfort, wardrobe, dressing table/drawers, window with shutter & lovely open views, ceiling fan, wall lights and bedside lights, we also fit an electric blanket for the cooler evenings.
- Bedroom 2 with two single beds, wardobe, dressing table/drawers, ceiling fan, window with shutter. Extra single bed upon request, all beds have matress toppers for extra comfort and we also fit electric blankets for the cooler months, celing fan, wall lights and bed side light, the extra bed is also a full size single.
Both patio's have lights for el-fresco dining and a further light for the stairway outside, private access from the top patio to the swimming pool area
- Nb. There is also access to first floor via exterior steps.
This property has central heating and portable radiators as needed for the few cooler mornings and evenings
|Further details outdoors|
- Casa Limon has access from the first floor to a very private tiled sun terrace wher you can sun bathe or enjoy some shade under the olive trees in the owners olive grove. There are plenty of sun beds and easy chairs along with a large hammock and parasols.
- The terrace at ground floor entrance level is tiled and enclosed and is also supplied with table, chairs & parasol & BBQ. Steps leading to first floor terrace.
- A short distance away from the property a few steps lead to a large tiled terrace and 8 x4 m swimming pool with Roman steps to one end. Large gazebo for shade. Lovely open views can be enjoyed from here over the gardens and the olive groves beyond.
- Pool terrace lighting for evening swimming.
- The swimming pool is usually available from April to October but could vary subject to weather.
- Although the pool is shared with our 1 bedroom apartment and the owners, we respect our guests privacy and tend to use it at other convenient times when possible.
- A complimentary welcome pack is provided usually comprising; bottle of wine, beer, mineral water, bread, ham, milk, juice, butter, marmalade, eggs. Please advise us if you are vegetarian/vegan.
Bird guiding and walking half or full days arranged , vegetarian meals prepared, jeep safaris, mountain bike hire.
- Travel cot and high chair supplied upon request (no extra charge)
- Extra single bed to accommodate 5th person supplied upon request (no extra charge)
Central heating supplied for cooler months, with mobile to top up, ceiling fans in bedrooms
Catering available in the Cortijo
Whisky Masterclass available
The Andalucia region
Our property is situated deep in the heart of Andalucia away from all the high rise blocks and mass tourism of the busy coastal resorts. We feel that this is the real unspoilt Spain that not everybody gets to experience, rich in local customs, culture and warmth of the local people not to mention the outstanding natural beauty of the landscape.
Cities worth seeing
- This is the perfect retreat for those wanting a chill out holiday whilst being ideally located for exploring the main cultural centres of the Andalucia, especially Granada, Cordoba and Seville.
Visit Granada's magnificent Alhambra palace, the last strong hold of the Moors in Spain, Cordoba's incredible Mezquita mosque & Cathedral and Seville's Cathedral , Giralda tower, plaza de Espana and Real Alacazar.
Locally the charming town of Antequera with it's many buildings of architectural interest , historical Roman and Moorish influences including the Moorish castle overlooking the town is definitely worth visiting.
- The summers here are long, hot and sunny with cloudless skies perfect for relaxing around the pool whilst spring is also pleasantly warm & the countryside is alive with a profusion of wild flowers in the olive groves
During autumn and winter the cooler weather is ideal for out door pursuits, the sun sets are wonderful, the lemon & orange trees bear fruit and the olives are ready for harvest.
- This is a genuinely unspoilt working rural area producing some of Spain's finest quality olive oil.
Try some typical Andalucian cuisine such as delicious chorizo, Porras Antequera, Jamon Serrano, Morcilla, Gazpacho Tortillas, and many tasty pork dishes with a glass of chilled fino or a rioja in one of many tapas bars or very resonably priced restaurants in the area.
- Experience the vibrant energy of the local ferias in the summer months with authentic flamenco, singing, dancing, children's rides, shows and more into the early hours! There are two main ferias in Antequera , May and August. More locally Villanueva de Algaidas first week in August, La Atalaya in May, Iznajar and La Parrilla in early September plus many more in other locations. The more serious but unmissable Semana Santa (Easter) processions and festivities are also a must to see.
- Walking: There are many local walks of varying degrees of difficulty, with tracks and trails around the nearby lake with stunning views and for more serious walkers the GR7 (Gran Recorrido) footpath which crosses Andalucia passes very close by & into Cordoba province through the beautiful & dramatic SIERRAS SUBETICA Parque natural.
The EL TORCAL - Parque natural with remarkable limestone rock formations, abundant flora and fauna, walking trails & incredible views towards the Mediterranean lies south of Antequera. Approx 50 mins.
El Chorro gorge and nearby lakes with beach water sports. approx. 90 mins
Fuente de Piedra with its huge lagoon & nature reserve is famous for hundreds of flamingo and at least 30 species of aquatic birds.approx. 40 mins.
Washington Irving Route: Follow the route taken by the 19th century traveller/writer from Seville & the Alhambra, Granada described in 'The Tales of the Alhambra'.
Nearby is an excellent Riding stables and school offering hacking, trail riding, day & weekend rides ,riding, dressage & jumping lessons and pony rides for children.(english speaking)
- Quad biking
Available at an off road track near Antequera
18 hole par 72 Golf course at Antequera set amidst superb scenery set in the mountains with 10 lakes and spectacular views of El Torcal and over the plains of Antequera. Also there are wide variety of courses on the coast approx. 1 hour plus.
Skiing at the Sierra Nevada ski resort. We are approx.75 mins away from the Sierra Nevada mountain range and Ski resort south of Granada. The resort enjoys a longer than average season & offers excellent skiing for all levels of ability. Dedicated snowboard area. Husky dog sleigh rides & snowbikes for hire. Also ski equipment hire.
Mountain bikes available to rent subject to notice.
Day trip to Madrid?! New High speed 2.5 hour rail link from Antequera to Madrid now open.
- We are close to the attractive 32 km lake at Iznajar which is overlooked by the historic town itself set high on a rocky out crop and surrounded by olive clad hills and mountains. The lake beach offers swimming, swimming,canoe & pedaloe hire in summer and this is perfect walking and bird watching country.
Iznajar with its fascinating winding narrow streets, Moorish castle & Church offers many little bars, restaurants and dozens of small shops. The property is situated within an unspoilt typically rural location which produces some of Spain's finest olive oil & you may experience some agricultural noise from time to time. The olive harvesting period runs from approx December to March/April
- La Parrilla village has a typical local Andalucian bar (serves tapas) ,play area with swings/slides, hardcourt for football/tennis ,olive mill & ancient chapel.Visit the town of Villanueva de Algaidas with its restaurants, tapas bars & shops including small supermarkets.There are even two nightclubs here for the younger generation!
For children there is the Science park at Granada, Donkey Sanctuary at Fuente de Piedra, Wolf Park near Antequera as well as the lake beach summer activities.