La Bouchague - a Pyrenees Gite
from £40 /night help
Availability Your dates are available
Gite | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 2
Secluded and beautifully appointed cottage ideal for
- nature lovers, skiers, walkers and climbers, photographers, artists, writers
- activity holidays
- those seeking tranquility and beauty
So much to do
- Hike/ski/ride bikes or horses through the French Pyrenees, the Aspe and Baretous valleys.
- Paragliding, golfing, river rafting and kayaking, rock climbing.
- Visit vineyards, markets, fortified villages and coastal resorts.
- Sample régional cooking or dine under the fruit trees in the garden.
- Downhill or cross-country skiing at 3 local resorts.
- Daytrip excursions to Biarritz beaches, Pau historical sites and shopping, Lourdes, Spanish castles.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Biarritz 129 km|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pau 45 km, Nearest railway: Oloron Sainte Marie 15 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
- Living room: Light filled, vaulted-ceiling with south-facing Julliette balcony window overlooking the garden and an east facing window. New and very cosy convertible sofa seats three, sleeps two. Two lounge chairs.
- Bedroom: Double brass bed, quality mattress and linens, west facing window, closet, lounge chair and bureau.
- Fully equipped newly installed kitchen, table seats 4-6, west and north facing window, clothes washer, dishwasher.
- Shower room with, bidet, sink, separate WC, quality toweling, skylight.
- Nearest occupied home at 1 km. Adjacent to an unoccupied but beautifully maintained farmhouse and barn. In the midst of fields and forests. 600 meters from a little used farm road so no noise or light pollution at all.
- Butcher and boulangerie at 2km, all services at 10km.
|Further details outdoors|
- Garden of 785m2 fenced shaded by fruit trees and decorated with roses and other perennials.
- Garden table seats 4, 2 lounge chairs, BBQ.
- Nearest occupied home at 1 km. Adjacent to an unoccupied but beautifully maintained farmhouse and barn.
- In the midst of fields and forests. 600 meters from a little used farm road so no noise or light pollution at all.
- Butcher and boulangerie at 2km, all services at 10km.
- Two community pools in 15 minute drive, Atlantic coast 90 minutes, 3 Spas 60 minutes
- Four sji slopes in 40 miutes
Designed for adults, but children are welcome. Sorry, no pets in respect of local wildlife and livestock. No smoking.
Changeover day is Saturday from June thru September.
The property is available after 17.00hrs on the day of arrival. Please vacate the property by 10.00 hrs on your day of departure.
A non-refundable* deposit fee of 25% of the rental fee payable to secure booking. Full payment due upon arrival. For bookings made less than 8 weeks before arrival the total cost is payable with the booking form.
*In the event of a cancellation, deposits will be refunded if a replacement booking is found. The same applies for cancellations made after full payments have been received.
Comments from our guest book:
"Great place to spend a couple of quiet days. Lynn has been very nice to us and very helpfull. Edward provided us a lot of info about the Aspe Valley." Guests from Argentina
"La casa es genial, tiene todas las comodidades necesarias y está en un lugar espectacular. Es perfecta para desconectar y disfrutar de los Pirineos. Además, Lynn y Edward han hecho que todo sea muy fácil. Son muy hospitalarios y da gusto tratar con personas así." Guests from Spain
"Moi et ma femme avons passé 4 jours très agréable chez Lynn. La maison est charmante, bien equipée, situé dans un très joli site avec une belle vue, et Lynn est une hôte très attentionnée." Guests from the UK and France
About this location
The Bearn region
Moderate climate, Pyrenees foothills, unspoilled nature, wide diversity of wildflowers other flora and fauna, long tradition of sheep raising as well as cows, horses.
Visit ancient villages in France and Spain, vineyards and coastal resorts.
Two family ski resorts within 30 minutes (downhill and cross-country)/ Immediate access to mountain walks. Nearby hang-gliding, rock-climbing, canoeing, kayaking, caving, horse riding, trekking with donkeys, birdwatching. Two local outdoor pools, one local year round indoor pool, aquatic park, zoo. 60-90 minutes to art museums, surfing.
Local vineyards, 2 hours to the Rioja region of Spain. Charming or sophisticated dining choices. Vibrant summer music scene, classical and contemporary.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
10 Sep 2013
"peaceful and quiet cottage ideal for relaxing"
we stayed in this cottage during July and it not disappoint us. It had all the modern equipment that you need for a stay. There are plenty of beautiful walks in the area and from the cottage .The … More
Our objective is to provide comfortable tranquil surroundings so guests can truly relax, so your feed back means a lot! Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed the cottage.
25 Feb 2013
"Charming cottage, magic location"
We wanted to really get away from it all and this location provided just that. Beautiful views and peaceful silence. The house is surrounded by fields and woodlands that must be stunning in fine weather, but we found it beautiful too in winter. Great sunsets. We skied at Pierre Saint Martin, a really pleasant family resort, had some great meals out (try Chateau d'Arrance in the Aspe Valley) but were happy too just relaxing at La Bouchague - beautifully furnished and cozy. Thanks to Lynn and Edward who are very helpful hosts. We will be back.
3 Oct 2012
"French Countryside Getaway"
We stayed at La Bouchague for a week and it was absolutely lovely. Its just been renovated (in fact proudly we were first guests). Overlooks some glorious views and is very peaceful hideaway about 10kms from Orolon. Some wonderful valleys and cols to discover in the area.
We thank you for your kind review and are so pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated cottage and its private setting in the glorious southwest of France. We hope to welcome you back when the Tour de France passes our way again!
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
85% Response rate
Calendar last updated:01 Mar 2015
Based in France
Credit cards accepted