from £50 /night help
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Availability Your dates are available
House | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Eden House is a delightful traditional crofter's cottage located seven miles from Stornoway next to the spectacular sea loch, Loch Leurbost. It is fully equipped for your self-catering holiday.
Please note we have a minimum stay of 3 nights and the rental quote includes a refundable damage deposit of £100.
- The house is fully equipped for up to five guests in three bedrooms (double, double plus single & downstairs single room).
- There is a large downstairs shower room, modern dining kitchen with all conveniences which comfortably seats four at the table.
- The sitting room is traditionally furnished with an open fire, freesat 32" LCD TV, well-stocked bookcases and a selection of games.
- The roomy hall has a large desk and there is free Wifi access included in the rental.
- Upstairs are two double bedrooms (one with an additional single bed) with half-coombed ceilings and a large landing with a small sofa.
- There is a large gravelled patio area and garden furniture for dining al fresco weather permitting!
- Towels and bed linen are included.
- A bucket of coal and kindling are provided for the fire.
- Heating is by electric storage heaters in addition to the open fire.
- There is a large drive with parking for 2-3 vehicles.
Location : Eden House is in the village of Leurbost, on the Isle of Lewis. Lewis is the largest of the islands that make up the Outer Hebrides.
There are excellent opportunities for fishing, walking, cycling, birdwatching, exploring the history of the island and just relaxing in this unspoilt environment during your stay.
The house is centrally located for exploring the island being 7 miles south of Stornoway, 25 miles north of Tarbert in Harris, and 11 miles from the Standing Stones at Callanish. The house is on the bus route into Stornoway, you can flag the bus down outside the house and the journey takes between 20 mins and half an hour depending on the route the bus takes. The single adult fare is £1.70. We can provide a link to the current timetable on request.
More information about the island is available on the VisitScotland website.
Access to the Isle of Lewis is by car ferry from Ullapool or Skye, or you can fly via Edinburgh, Inverness, Aberdeen or Glasgow. Car hire is available from the airport. We can provide you with links to websites for your travel arrangements if you wish.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Branahuie 20 km|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||3.3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Stornoway 19.3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (2), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
About this location
The Hebrides region
Stunning white sandy beaches contrast with wild heather moorland and inland lochs.
Isle of Lewis
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.