Lakeside Golf Vacations
Apartment | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Free green fees on 7 local golf courses. This apartment is uniquely located, directly inside the Lakeside G & CC in Inverness Florida an excellent operating base for exploring several recreational possibilities in the surrounding areas. Imagine yourself watching the dolphins on the Gulf of Mexico, visiting Mickey Mouse in Disney World, snorkeling with the Manatees at one of the springs, just a relaxing day at your private pool or hitting a hole in one on the most beautiful courses in Florida!
If you are looking for the most comfortable apartment available, book our 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom featuring more space to stretch out, and with a larger living room. This Condo is simply an unparalleled experience in private, luxurious relaxation, sleeps 2-6 guests easily and with an open floor plan, there is enough space for everyone. The bedrooms and bathrooms are fully stocked with linens and towels.
The kitchen has all the appliances (fridge, dishwasher , oven/stove, coffee maker, microwave etc.) you need during your vacation. In the living room you are able to enjoy free phone calls in the US & Canada, free access to the wireless internet and digital cable TV. The Fashionable decor creates a welcoming yet soothing atmosphere to unwind and enjoy. You will feel right at home!
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Crystal River Beach 20 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Orlando, Sanfort, Tampa Internation Airports 90 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Telephone, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
The Florida region
What a difference a coast makes! Trees dripping with Spanish Moss lined a slow moving river who's calm was only broken by the chug of a fishermen laden boat returning with the day's catch. A gorgeous old southern style, veranda wrapped house, brought back to life as an elegant restaurant, occupied the spot across the water, while a tiny island, habitated only by monkeys, lay midstream.
The monkeys, relocated to their island habitat from a now defunct Florida animal park, enjoy the gorgeous view everyday. I was only visiting "Florida's Nature Coast" for the weekend. And even though the vista from the villa had an almost meditative effect on me, there was much more to see and do in this fascinating, but little known, corner of Florida that's less than two hours drive from Orlando, Tampa or Daytona.
The Ten Best Lowdown
As with all our "Ten Best" lists, item number one is the author's personal favorite. Aside from that, the order is not an order of preference. If it made it on the list, we thought it was pretty nifty, plain and simple. Be sure to stay tuned at the end of the article for great places to eat and stay while visiting Citrus County.
10 Best Things To Do In Citrus County, Florida
1. Swim with the Manatees
2. Salt or fresh water fishing
3. Visit the Ted Williams Baseball Museum
4. Explore Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park
5. Paddle a River Kayak
6. Enjoy Great Golfing
7. Go Biking
8. Scuba Dive or Snorkel
9. Shop for Antiques and Collectibles
10. Discover History from 500 B.C. to the Present
1. Swim with the Manatees -- Citrus County is known worldwide for its manatee population and the protection of this endangered species is taken very seriously. Each year, many tourists learn about the plight of the gentle giants first hand, by donning a wetsuit and snorkeling the warm springs where the manatees come to escape the cold winter ocean temperatures.
The rules are strict: no chasing, riding or otherwise harassing the manatees. Swimmers must allow the animal to approach them, not the other way around, and never touch with more than one hand at a time. The rules didn't damper the experience in the least. Since the manatees have no natural enemies, they regularly made contact with their awestruck human visitors, and seemed to particularly enjoy being scratched under the flippers. At one point, I found myself surrounded by a swirling, graceful underwater ballet as three baby manatees played a game of tag, seemingly oblivious of my presence.
Swimming with the manatees isn't difficult or too physically exerting. There were young children as well as seniors on our trip. If you want a lifetime of stories to tell your friends, and the videos to prove them, do not miss this rare opportunity to interact with nature. The folks at Bird's Underwater in Crystal River will get you set up. Licensed Coast Guard captains and scuba diving instructors, Bill and Diana Oestreich know the subject of manatees intimately. Tours are regularly conducted in October through March and at other times of the year, depending on whether or not any manatees are in residence. Reservations are a must as the trips regularly sell out. Bill and Diana also video tape each tour. There is no better souvenir of your trip to Florida than Bird's gorgeously produced video of you swimming alongside your new underwater friends. Call Bird's at 352-563-2763, email them email@example.com, or visit their web site at www.xtalwind.net/~bird/
2. Salt or Fresh Water Fishing -- The fishing's fine in Citrus County, whether you prefer thefresh or salt water variety. You can't throw a rock in this area without hitting a fishing charter service. Anglers will be in seventh heaven year round as the catch is bountiful. Springtime brings Black Bass and Trout. Add Tarpon Sheepshead and Grouper to that list come summertime. In the fall its time to fish for Red Fish, Speckled Trout, Bass and Grouper and winter is Snapper season. The Homosassa Fishing Guides Association (352-795-7302) can help you find the right fishing trip.
3. The Ted Williams Baseball Museum - Baseball fans can hrefive some of the game's most spectacular moments, as well as learn everything they could possibly want to know about baseball legend Williams at the museum. An 80 seat sports theater shows continuous videos of Ted Williams and the all-time greats. Before you leave, be sure to pay homage to baseball's best hitters in the Hitters Hall of Fame (new inductions take place each February). Ted Williams Museum and Hitters Hall of Fame 352-527-6566 or FAX 352-527-4163 or visit their web site at www.twmuseum.com.
4. Explore Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park - More than one third of Citrus County is protected as federal, state or county parks and wildlife refuges. Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park is a great way to get a look at a lot of it in a short period of time. Visitors will especially want to visit the manatee rescue refuge to get an up-close view of these amazing creatures. An underwater observatory gives you a fish eye view of the action -- the next best thing to actually swimming with the manatees. In addition to manatees, you'll see a host of other wildlife indigenous to Florida, and one hold over from the days when the park was a privately owned parked -- Lu the hippopotamus is a local favorite who will live out his days in comfort at the state park. Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park - 352-628-5343 or FAX 352-628-4243 or visit their web site at www.citrusdirectory.com/hsswp
5. Paddle a River Kayak -- Susan Davis, owner of the Homosassa Kayak Company, is one of the nicest and most knowledgeable guides I've ever encountered. Her easy going nature puts even novice paddlers at ease. The company's private island on the Homosassa River provides a wonderful place to view wildlife such as dolphin, manatees, eagles, otters, and over 200 species of birds. Offering kayak rentals as well as guided day and overnight trips, Susan's excursions even come with an unexpected bonus-- some of the best home baked cookies you'll ever taste. The guides carry them to fortify hungry paddlers. Homosassa Kayak & Canoe Expedition Company - 352-628-3183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Enjoy Great Golfing -- As Citrus County is home to ten challenging public courses and four outstanding private courses, long waits are rare. Both serious and casual golfers will enjoy playing among the hills, valleys, nature trails and wildlife this corner of Florida offers. For some of the best golfing in Citrus County, check out the Plantation Inn and Golf Course (they also serve the finest cuisine in the area) at 352-795-7211.
7. Go Biking! -- Citrus County is a biker's paradise. On my ride along the Withlacoochee State Trail (part of the "Rails to Trails" program which converts defunct railroads into biking and hiking trails), I met cycling enthusiasts from as far away as Minnesota to the north and California to the west. They came because of the diverse two wheeled opportunities in the area. In addition to the Withlacoochee, 46 miles of asphalt which meanders through state and county parks and recreation areas, the Fort Islands Beach Trail will take riders to the County's only salt water beach. There are also some wonderful off road trails which snake through woods and meadows teeming with birds and other wildlife.
Regardless of your biking taste, stop by Suncoast Bicycles for advice, trail maps, guided trips or any other biking needs. If you didn't bring your own, they have a fleet of rentals (all under a year old) to meet your needs, including cruisers, off road, tandem and recumbent bicycles. They have two shops, one in Crystal River and the other in Inverness, directly on the Withlacoochee Trail.
• Suncoast Bicycles Crystal River 352-795-0018
• Suncoast Bicycles Inverness 352-637-5757
• Web site www.suncoastbikes.com
8. Scuba Dive or Snorkel -- Besides the thrilling opportunity of swimming with the manatees, the Nature Coast offers divers a host of other options. Caves, grottoes and the chromatic rainbow springs - named for its assortment of multi-colored fish and plants-- tempt divers. Snorkelers will enjoy exploring the shallows of the Crystal River where, if the season is right, they're apt to see a manatee or two. For your Citrus County diving needs contact:
• Bird's Underwater at 352-563-2763 or visit their web site at www.xtalwind.net/~bird/
• American Pro Diving Center at 352-536-0041 or visit their website at www.gminet.com/ampro
For those who want to learn to dive, The Plantation Inn offers a wonderful 3 day Scuba certification package to get you going. Call them at 800-632-626 or 352-795-4211 for more information.
9. Shop for Antiques and Collectibles -- The county is dotted with interesting little antique and collectibles shops as well as flea markets and even auction houses. You can't drive far without coming across something of interest. A good place to shop around lunch time is Heritage Village, a collection of shops and a wonderful restaurant housed in historic buildings. Antiques and collectibles will be found along with unique gifts, gourmet food and home accessories. Heritage Village can be found on North Citrus Avenue in Crystal River, Florida.
10. Discover History from 500 B.C. to the Present -- History buffs, whether their interest is ancient or more recent times, will find a lot to explore in Citrus County. The 14 acre State Archaeological Site in Crystal River dates back to 500 B.C. More recently, Fort Cooper was a post during the Seminole Indian war in the 1830's. The County is even home to 14 ghost towns, once thriving farms communities, wiped out in the big freeze of 1894/95. By the 20th century most of these towns were gone, but their remains are still explorable today.For more information on Citrus County History, call the Historical Society at 352-637-9927.
Golf Resort Inverness is uniquely located, directly inside the Lakeside Golf & Country Club in Inverness Florida. Due to the central position of our pool homes and golf apartments, they have become an excellent operating base for exploring several recreational possibilities in the surrounding areas. Imagine yourself watching the dolphins on the Gulf of Mexico, visiting Mickey Mouse in Disney World, snorkeling with the Manatees at one of the springs, just a relaxing day at your private pool or hitting a hole in one .... on the most beautiful courses in Florida!
As guests, you will be able to use “members only” facilities from the following golf courses and facilities. At the front desk of our golf resort, you will receive a "guests membership card” and you will also receive driving directions and information about the activities during your stay. You can think of activities like golf clinics, dance classes, spa specials and dinner shows. T-times can me made with our front desk associates.
Van Der valk's Golf Resort Inverness, is a small subdivision consisting of 250 Villas with private pool and condominiums overlooking the beautiful Lakeside Golf&CC. Our guests Citrus county has a lot to offer beside golf, fishing, ECO-activities and birdwatching to name a few.
This Florida rental home is situated in the Lakeside golf course resort in Inverness, Florida, where the 18-hole golf course is the central area with pro-shop and a clubhouse/restaurant with bar, bistro and fine dining on-site. Inverness is located in Citrus County, which is mainly bordered by rivers and the Gulf of Mexico. Inverness is a medium size town with a historic centre about 5 minutes from the Lakeside resort.
The area is considered countryside with lots of rivers, lakes, trees and other vegetation, hence it is not surprising that Citrus County is also referred to as the Nature Coast. The name Lakeside already indicates that this resort is near to a very large lake and old oak trees and other vegetation are contributing to Lakeside's relaxed atmosphere.
You will find all the necessary local amenities within short driving distance from the villa. Amenities include supermarkets, post office, banks, department stores, shopping, shopping mall, convenience stores, medical centre, petrol stations, fast food restaurants, bars, restaurants, tourist information centre, museum, car repair, car rental and more. The opportunities for leisure and recreation include biking, hiking, golf, swimming, canoeing, car racetrack, bowling, museum, cinema, boat rentals, horseback riding, river tours, boat trips to the Gulf of Mexico, beach, Homosassa Wildlife Park, historic sights and more.
We do recommend that you rent a car as public transport is very limited if any. There is a rental car company in Inverness, but naturally there are numerous rental car companies at the airports. If you fancy a trip to one of Orlando's many theme parks, you can reach them by car in about 70 minutes. Attraction tickets can be arranged through the front desk at Lakeside.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
Chris Matser (Property Manager Golf Resort Inverness)
- 1 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:11 Aug 2014
Based in United States
Credit cards accepted
- The Villages
- 79 properties
- 74 properties
- New Port Richey
- 49 properties
- 38 properties
- Tarpon Springs
- 30 properties
- Palm Harbor
- 21 properties
- 19 properties
- Crystal River
- 18 properties
- Spring Hill
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- Cedar Key
- 14 properties
- 11 properties
- Weeki Wachee
- 11 properties
- Winter Garden
- 11 properties
- Port Richey
- 9 properties
- Wesley Chapel
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- Hernando Beach
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties