About the home
- Just a few yards from the beautiful sandy beach of Instow and with breathtaking views across the River Torridge and the estuary towards the neighbouring fishing village of Appledore, this contemporary Instow seafront house provides the perfect holiday base for friends and family.
- This unusual self-catering property has its bedrooms on the ground floor level, allowing the living areas to take full advantage of the views on the first floor, floor to ceiling windows flood the living room and kitchen with light, while the two balconies provide the perfect places to sit and relax.
- The terraced garden with paved and decked areas provides a great place for barbecues and sunbathing or for just relaxing in the hot tub.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Instow, 100m|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 300m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Jacuzzi / Hot tub, DVD player, Sea view|
|General:||Central heating, CD player, Pool / Snooker table, Games room, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||4 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (3), Cots (1), Dining seating for 8, Lounge seating for 8|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
- 3 Double Bedrooms, 1 with En suite Shower
- 1 Twin Bedroom, Family Bath/shower
- Enclosed Garden with Hot Tub, Large Living Room with Dining area
- Balcony and Kitchen with Dining Table
- Dishwasher all mod cons
- SKY + TV available
- Cot available on request
Further details outdoors:
- Pool table and dartboard in the garage
- 2 minutes from the beach, 3 mins from shop & pubs/restaurants.
- Parking available for 3 cars
- Hot Tub filled May to September
The West Country / Devon region
Devon s a large county in South West England. TThe county shares borders with Cornwall to the west and Dorset and Somerset to the east. Its south coast abuts the English Channel and its north coast the Bristol Channel.
Devon is the third largest of the English counties and has a population of 1,109,900. The county is home to part of England's only natural UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Dorset and East Devon Coast, known as the Jurassic Coast for its geology and geographical features.
It is also home to Braunton Burrows UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, a dune complex in the north of the county. Along with its neighbour, Cornwall, Devon is known as the "Cornubian massif". This geology gives rise to the landscapes of Dartmoor and Exmoor, which are both national parks. Devon has seaside resorts and historic towns and cities, rural scenery and a mild climate, accounting for the large tourist sector of its economy.
The Instow area
Instow is a superb family destination which hosts many tourist attractions suitable for all ages. The village hosts a fabulous beach with tourist facilities and many restaurants and gift shops.
There are several towns near Instow all within easy reach via very reliable bus services. Instow is an unspoilt seaside village with large stretches of sandy beaches and dunes, fishermans cottages, village shops and a good selection of pubs and restaurants specialising in locally caught seafood dishes.
A fabulous location that has something for everyone, children will love the sandy beaches and the area is a must for watersports, sailing enthusiasts and fishermen, whilst walkers and cyclists will enjoy the famous Tarka Trail which runs through the village.
We hope that you will agree that Instow with its view of the sea and of the rivers Taw and Torridge will certainly be a holiday break to remember.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Travel by Car:
- From the M5 take the Tiverton/Barnstaple exit then follow the A361 all the way to barnstaple then the A39 towards Bideford.
- As you are approaching Bideford you will need to take the turning right signposted to Instow on the B3233, turn right at the roundabout after about 2 Miles you will be entering Instow.
- Turn left onto the seafront and continue until you see the sand dunes on your left take the next right hand turning and the Dunes are on the next left, No 2 is in the back left hand corner.
Travel by Coach
-Local buses run regularly between the airport and the town.
Activities near Instow
Golf within 30 mins drive
Beach or lakeside relaxation
10 Aug 2012
The Dunes property is ideal for families looking for a relaxing location and includes all the modern comforts needed to make for a good time even if the weather is poor. We stayed with our 2 children... more
24 Jul 2012
Stayed at The Dunes with 7 other adults and two children. I cannot fault the house in any way. It was perfect! The house itself was well maintained, extremely clean and had the most amazing views of... more
27 Apr 2012
A modern house, very well equipped kitchen , Comfortable lounge with views over the estuary, large modern TV then a snug with sky and tv for the kids. weather was poor on a few days but the house is large enough to spend time in when it's wet and it's only a short walk to 3 pubs! Good wifi also helps . Great local walks on the beach or shore. And a soak in the hot tub eases those joints afterwards.
Rental pricesThere is no tariff information to display
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
We offer 3 night breaks Friday-Monday, 4 night breaks Monday-Friday or 7 nights Friday - Friday.
You can book and find all rates on our website www.thedunesselfcateringinstow.com or call 07970256657.
- Payment Policy
25% Deposit on Booking
Balance Due 8 Weeks Prior to Visit
- Check-In Time
- Check-Out Time
- Cancellation Policy
In the event of cancellation, please advise us as soon as possible .
We will attempt to re-let the property and return your payment, less a handling charge of 50.00. If we are unable to re-let the property all monies will be forfitted.
The number of people staying must not exceed 8. The accomodation should be left clean and in the same good condition as found. Any breakages should be reported and we reserve the right to charge for any non-trivial damage.
The use of accomodation and amenities is entirely at the Hirer's risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to the Hirer or the Hirer's companions or guests.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
- Standard lengths of stay see below.
3 Night Break: from Friday - Monday. | long weekend
4 Night Break: from Monday - Friday | mid week
7 Night Break: from Friday - Friday | whole week
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
2 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2010. This house has received 4 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in England (21,205)