Bakery - Close to Woolacombe
Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 3
The Old Bakery is a beautifully furnished 18th century Devon cottage situated at the end of a cobbled footpath in the heart of the village of West Down. With original oak beams, a log burner, a king size oak sleigh bed and a large kidney bath, this cottage provides a truly relaxing all-year-round getaway.
Within easy reach of North Devon's picturesque villages and bustling markets, a wide selection of attractions, a range of restaurants and pubs, fantastic coastal and rural walks and the popular beaches of Woolacombe, Saunton and Croyde nearby. In addition, there is surfing, fishing, boat trips to Lundy Island Nature Reserve, golf, horse riding, tennis, quad biking and the Haven Spa just a short drive away. Or simply stay close to home and stroll to the local pub, with its traditional ales and excellent food.
The cottage offers TWO bedrooms: 1 double, with TV and freesat, and 1 single. Bathroom: with shower over kidney bath and WC. Lounge/diner: with a woodburner (first basket of logs included), TV, freesat, DVD player, hi-fi and a selection of books and games. Kitchen: with electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and washing machine.
Outside: the garden is a short walk away and provides a lovely spot to sit and relax. A clothes line is also provided to the rear of the cottage.
Amenities: parking is a few minutes' walk from the cottage, where there is one designated parking space and any additional parking can be easily found in the village car park. Bed linen, electric and central heating are included. Regret no smoking. 1 dog welcome.
|Size||Sleeps up to 3, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter, Nearest railway: Barnstaple|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (1), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 3, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, High chair|
The West Country region
The enchanting and unspoiled coastlines, hills and valleys of North Devon attract visitors all year road. The area's wealth of attractions include:
* Award winning beaches at Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton - fantastic for surfers, families and couples
* Exmoor National Park, which provides excellent hiking and horse riding opportunities across coastal land, hills, moors and woods. Hosting wild Red Deer, the native Exmoor Pony and a wide variety of flora, fauna and wildlife
* Lundy Island - a National Trust nature reserve that is three and a half miles long and half a mile wide, rising steeply from the Bristol Channel. Famous for its seabirds, including puffins, which gave the island its name (Norse for Puffin Isle). Take the boat from Ilfracombe or Bideford to Lundy for a day trip, cruising along the North Devon coastline.
* A fantastic choice of restaurants, wine bars, real ale pubs and traditional fish and chip shops - foodie heaven!
The picturesque coastal town of Ilfracombe with its white washed houses and grand Victorian villas is nestled between the National Park of Exmoor and the surfing beaches of Woolacombe and Croyde. The area has something for everyone whether the sun shines or not, with:
* A local beach and working harbour
* Award winning beaches close by at Woolacombe and Croyde for surfing, kayaking, family picnics and romantic walks
* The Landmark Theatre
* Art Galleries and Damien Hirst's amazing new sculpture 'Verity' overlooking the sea
* A cinema
* Coastal walks along the South West Coast Path and an extensive Rights of Way network
* The Victorian 'Tunnels Beaches'
* A children's soft play area at the Blue Cafe
* Ilfracombe Aquarium
* Boat trips to the National Trust's Lundy Island
* The Broomhill Art gallery and Gardens nearby
* Watermouth Castle and Theme Park nearby
* The Wildlife and Dinosaur Park at Combe Martin nearby
* Walkers Chocolate Emporium on Ilfracombe High Street, with resident Chocolatier
* Some of North Devon's best restaurants - including Damien Hirst's restaurant 'No.11 the Quay'
* Real Ale Pubs
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
85% Response rate
Calendar last updated:22 Jun 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- 494 properties
- 228 properties
- 201 properties
- 162 properties
- 150 properties
- 143 properties
- 113 properties
- Westward Ho
- 96 properties
- Combe Martin
- 70 properties
- 54 properties
- 48 properties
- 46 properties
- 42 properties
- 24 properties
- 22 properties
- 16 properties
- 16 properties
- Porlock Weir
- 13 properties
- 9 properties
- North Tawton
- 6 properties