About the home
Lovely two-roomed apartment in the very pituresque village of La Flotte situated on old fishing harbour, with shared heated swimming pool private gardens and safe parking.
Easy walk to the sandy beach or town centre of La Flotte en Re and its medieval market. Ideal for families seeking relaxation.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedroom|
|Nearest beach:||500 meters|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Pool:||Shared outdoor pool (heated)|
|General:||Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||1 Bedroom, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Please check with the advertiser regarding linen and towels|
|Outdoors:||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Balcony / Terrace|
Further details indoors:
This apartment has its terrace
Further details outdoors:
English-speaking representative on hand to answer any questions.
Heated Swimming pool only available April 1st & October 15th
The Poitou-Charentes / Vendee / Charente Maritime region
Old stones, lighthouses, zoo, gardens…. A large number of sites are open to you to tell you the story of Charente-Maritime, marked by the sea, history, voyage, adventure, and a touch of the exotic …
- Fort Boyard, veritable stone vessel right in the middle of the straits, halfway between the Ile d’Aix and the Ile d’Oléron.
- La Rochelle Aquarium to dream, understand and learn about the sea in one of the largest aquariums in Europe.
- Le Zoo de la Palmyre, (Palmyre zoo): with 1600 animals, it is the largest zoo park of France and one of the most interesting in Europe, where you can meet animals from all over the world.
- Le chantier de l’Hermione (Hermione shipyard) in Rochefort: the frigate that Lafayette boarded in 1780 and rebuilt today using traditional naval construction techniques, and identical in every way.
- Le Phare des Baleines (Lighthouse of the Whales) on the Ile de Ré gives you an exceptional view over the Conche des Baleines (Whale Cove) from the height of its 257 steps.
- The Chassiron lighthouse sur on the Ile d’Oléron rewards you for climbing its 227 steps with a view of the East Coast of the island and Boyard Fort in the distance,
- Les Jardins du Monde (Gardens of the World) in Royan, where you can experience a life-size adventure in the middle of a tropical greenhouse of orchids, the Labyrinthe des Brumes and a Japanese garden
- Le Paléosite in Saint Césaire, interactive prehistory centre, offering an amazing voyage in search of the Neanderthals, with Pierrette, a young Neanderthal girl discovered in 1979 on this very site,
- La Halle aux Vivres in Brouage, a superb recently restored building, the largest of the citadel
- Les Tours de La Rochelle, (La Rochelle Towers), guards of the entrance to the old port since the 14th century and witnesses to an eventful past.
- The Domaine du Chaillaud and the Parc Botanique Deau (Deau Botanical Gardens) in Saint-Andre-de-Lidon.
Welcome to a unique world of perfumes and colours!
The Ile de Re / La Flotte en Re area
Ile de Ré is a captivating island set off the west coast of France next to the city of La Rochelle. Ile de Ré is a chic location with a background of picturesque harbours, restaurants and long white sandy beaches. Cycle paths cover the island and the narrow streets of the 10 villages make foot or bicycle the best way to get around. The island is 19km long and 6km wide and is joined to the mainland by a spectacular 3km bridge which touches down in La Rochelle with its impressive ports and old town.
La Flotte is a very picturesque village situated around an old fishing harbour. There are many cafes and restaurants on the harbour and in the tiny streets of the old town you will find a medieval market open every day of the year.
La Flotte is steeped in history and is said to have more full time residents than any other village on the island. There is generally a calm atmosphere with classic, authentic island life all around.
Along from the harbour is a sandy beach next to The Richelieu Hotel - one of the few 4 star hotels in France. La Flotte is about a 10 minute drive from the bridge
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Getting to Ile de Ré:
La Rochelle lies halfway down the Atlantic coast, midway between Nantes and Bordeaux.
Ile de Ré is linked to La Rochelle by a 3km toll bridge.
Charges for a car:
9 € from low season and 16,50 € High Season
Season tickets available. Tel. 00 33 5 46 00 51 10
Motorbikes are 2€ and bikes and Pedestrians free.
Airport La Rochelle-Ile de Ré.
Tel. 05 46 42 30 26. www.larochelle.aeroport.fr - Flights from
- Bristol - EASYJET - www.easyjet.com
- Southampton and Birmingham - FLYBE - www.flybe.com
- London Stanstead and Dublin - RYAN AIR - www.ryanair.com
- Lyon (inc connections) AIRLINAIR - www.airlinair.com
La Rochelle Station has daily direct connections to Nantes, Bordeaux and Paris-Montparnasse by TVG Atlantique.
The journey Paris-La Rochelle takes under 3 hours. Tel. 00 33 8 92 35 35 35 (from abroad) www.voyages-sncf.com
There are regular buses from La Rochelle Airport and La Rochelle railway station.
They take you directly to Ile de Ré and the service is all year to all villages of the island.
Timetables - Tel. 00 33 5 46 09 20 15 - www.aunis-saintonge.fr
RTCR (summer only) www.rtcr.fr - La Rochelle-Ile de Ré link
There are many taxi firms and a well occupied rank at the airport, railway station and centre ville. If there is no taxi waiting then there is a free telephone point provided to call one.
PORT DU SAINT MARTIN : 00 33 5 46 09 26 69
PORT D'ARS : 00 33 5 46 29 25 10
PORT DE LA FLOTTE : 00 33 5 46 09 67 66
Activities near Ile de Re
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Beach or lakeside relaxation
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|LOW SEASON||12 Jan 13||2 Feb 13||£ 304||-||-||1 Week|
|LOW SEASON||2 Feb 13||2 Mar 13||£ 317||-||-||1 Week|
|LOW SEASON||2 Mar 13||30 Mar 13||£ 343||-||-||1 Week|
|EASTER||30 Mar 13||1 May 13||£ 430||-||-||1 Week|
|MID SEASON||1 May 13||1 Jun 13||£ 547||-||-||1 Week|
|MID SEASON||1 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||£ 586||-||-||1 Week|
|HIGH SEASON||29 Jun 13||8 Jul 13||£ 777||-||-||1 Week|
|PEAK SEASON||8 Jul 13||31 Aug 13||£ 955||-||-||1 Week|
|HIGH SEASON||31 Aug 13||8 Sep 13||£ 690||-||-||1 Week|
|MID SEASON||8 Sep 13||28 Sep 13||£ 604||-||-||1 Week|
|LOW SEASON||28 Sep 13||26 Oct 13||£ 430||-||-||1 Week|
|ALL SAINTS' PERIOD||26 Oct 13||10 Nov 13||£ 516||-||-||1 Week|
|LOW SEASON||10 Nov 13||15 Dec 13||£ 350||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
5 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in France and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This apartment has so far received no reviews.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Résidence LA JOLIE BRISE in Ile de Re, France
Charming apartment with pool in Ile de Re, France
PROPERTY "DE CHARME" in Ile de Re, France
Holiday villas in France (11,440)