Sorry, that home is no longer available
Bungalow | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 3
Tropical resort style living in the city space. Go back in time into the history of Singapore and experience its colonial glamour...
BEST KEPT SECRET
The house is part of the Alexandra Park conservation estate. The estate is a rare gem from colonial times. These black and white houses in the estate are often featured in Singapore history and architecture books. "My fingers trembled with excitement as I began snapping pictures of old Colonial Houses, and the long tarred road ahead decorated with lush, vibrant greenery... and this was truly a sight to behold!" said a Singaporean photographer on his blog.
The house sits on a land of 1200 sqm with 2 separate buildings connected by a decked courtyard. Each building has one guest room and one bathroom, directly opening to a corridor, providing each guest a sense of privacy. The high ceiling, many windows, and corridor around each building were designed to keep the house cool with a open feel. The roofed sofa area and the tent in the garden provide a fantastic outdoor living life style, which is almost impossible to find in Singapore. Spend a lazy morning reading a book in company with a good coffee, while watching butterflies play, as if time has stopped to let us smell the flowers.
Since the estate claimed the land long before any commercial developers got their chances, it is only a short ride to Orchard Road, the CBD, Sentosa, and the biggest mall in south east Asia - Vivocity. It is right next to Alexandra business district where HP and Intel are located, and close to the NUS and the new One-North media park. There is a bus stop 100 meters from the house with lots of lines.
- Alexandra business district: 10 minutes walk
- NUS: 20 min by bus
- One north media park: 20 min by bus
- Orchard: 10 minutes by taxi (SGD6 non peak hours), 20min by bus
- CBD (Raffles Place): 20 minutes by taxi (SGD8-9 on peak hours), 20min by bus
- Right at the highway exit – 30minutes to the airport (SGD20-25 taxi)
- Short bus ride to harbor front, Labrador park, queens town subway station.
- Next to Hort Park
- Next to Southern Ridges tree top walk
THE ANTIQUE ROOM
The guest room in the main building features contemporary Asian antique style with lots of windows, and beautiful garden view on 2 sides.
- Rustic Javan handmade bed with Queen size mattress
- Chinese antique hand carved wardrobe
- Rustic Javan desk with wheeled working chair
- Thai designer lamp
- Wifi access and extension cord
- Hair dryer
- Cleaning twice a week
- Change of bedding once a week
* We are located just off Alexandra road and the Antique room is on the road side so there will be traffic noise. If you are a light sleeper have a look at our Black and White room which is in the back building.
The guest shower room and toilet are separate rooms with simple colonial style. The guests share it with our Housekeeper who keeps it super clean and neat.
-Instant hot water
-Towels, change every week
The kitchen is for shared use: breakfast and light cooking only.
- Cooking stove & gears
- 2 door fridge with water filtering and ice making function
- Plates and cutlery
- Glasses & wine opener
The living room was furnished with antique Chinese furniture and Balinese hand crafted pieces, accompanied with European classic designer lighting. There is also a piano for music lovers.
ENTERTAINMENT in living room
- Samsung 3D Flat screen TV
- Cable channels
- Jamo home theater system
- Music and DVD collections
- Washing machine / dryer
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Ask Ella, we might have what you need
THE FANTASTIC 3: ERLY, PAULA AND DASH
Erly is our housekeeper, the queen of the house! She takes care of everything, keep the house clean and organized. Seek her help or advice if you have any request or encounter any problem.
Paula is our dog. She is one year old and very playful. Don't be fooled by her bark at strangers, she is the sweetest of all and will soon jump on you once you won her trust.
Dash is our cat. He is also one year old and quite a hunter. He is cool kid.
|Size||Sleeps up to 3, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|