Villa | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Villa Michaelmas is simply gorgeous! Situated in a quiet location with stunning mountain views and only 4 km from the beautiful beach of Oludeniz- Blue Lagoon. This villa has been beautifully furnished and thoughtfully equipped to offer guests a luxurious and relaxing stay. Every room is stylish with a delightful mix of quality European and antique Turkish items.
Villa Michaelmas is established on 2 floors with air-conditioning throughout and upstairs has three double bedrooms. It sleeps 6, with the main bedroom being en-suite. All bedrooms have king/queen-size beds.
On the ground floor the living/dining room is well equipped and spacious. The kitchen has all the usual utensils and appliances, which include a washing machine,dish washer,microwave oven and fridge/freezer. The gardens are beautifully landscaped with planted shrubs and trees and the private swimming pool can be accessed from the large covered terrace.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Oludeniz 4 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Dalaman 50 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Air conditioning, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 En suites and 2 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (3), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Further details indoors||
- The open plan fully fitted kitchen has granite worktops, cutlery and crockery for 6-8
- Large lounge area with 2 sofas and doors leading to a terrace overlooking the pool area. The lounge has marble floors and air conditioning. The property enjoys satellite TV
- Bedroom One: En suite room with a king size bed, mosquito nets, fitted wardrobes, dressing table, marble floor, air conditioning, French type balcony and wonderful views.
- Bedrooms Two and Three: Queen size beds, mosquito nets, fitted wardrobes, marble floor and air conditioning.
All bedrooms have mosquito gauzes over windows.
- Bathrooms: One large en suite bathroom to master bedroom with corner shower cubicle, wash hand basin and wc. One family bathroom with spacious shower, wash hand basin and wc. Ground floor bathroom with shower cubicle(screened), wash hand basin and wc.
|Further details outdoors||
Villa Michaelmas is set in beautifully maintained gardens and has the use of a private outdoor pool. There is plenty of space to sunbathe and sunbeds and parasols are provided by the pool.Plastic cups/glasses are provided for poolside use as broken glass is hazardous. Brick-built barbecue and garden table with 4 chairs..
There are several small supermarkets nearby (the nearest being only a 3 minute walk) and Hisaronu has several cash machines and change offices. There are numerous restaurants, bars and shops in the locality which are all within a 5-10 minute walk, so a car is not necessary. Public transport is excellent, frequent and inexpensive.
The villa is cleaned once a week and the service includes a full linen change. Towels for bathroom,kitchen and pool use are also provided and will also be changed weekly.
The Turquoise Coast/Lycia region
Welcome to this exceptionally beautiful part of Turkey, where ancient civilisations have left their mark on the landscape, from the dramatic heights of the pine-clad Taurus Mountains to the turrquoise-blue waters of the Mediterranean.Words cannot adequately describe the magnificent beauty of this region.You alone will judge when you visit the area and you won't be disappointed. This stretch of the Turkish coastline is known as the Turkish Riviera or the Turquoise Coast. Summer temperatures average 30-40C with winters averaging 16C.
Places of Interest in the area
- Fethiye is a historical harbour town, which is worth a visit to see the ancient Lycian rock tombs, browse around the shops in the narrow streets of the old town or just admire the beautiful sunsets from one of the many restaurants or bars along the harbour. You can book boat tours of the 12 islands in Fethiye Bay or you can take a water-taxi to Calis beach, where there is also a waterpark. There is a large market in Fethiye every Tuesday.
- Oludeniz is famous for its blue lagoon and is the most photographed beach in Turkey.This is worth visiting in the evening also, to watch the paragliders descend onto the beach from mountains 6550 feet high, against the backdrop of beautiful sunsets. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants here also.The world paragliding championship is held here in October.
- Lots of organised excursions can be booked locally. The surrounding countryside is breathtaking... if you only book one trip, make it the truck safari. Other trips to enjoy are the gorge at Saklikent and the trip to the "Turkish Everglades" at Dalyan. Also worth a visit are the remains of ancient civilizations at Xanthos, Tlos, Patara and Ephesus.
- A few miles away by local bus is the ghost town of Kayakoy. This is the remains of a town vacated by the Greeks after the War of Independence in 1922. It is located on a hillside and it is fascinating to wander around the deserted houses and churches. It is a half-hour walk to the top of the hill behind the town. There you will be rewarded with breathtaking views of the coastline below. A few miles beyond Kayakoy is Gemiler Beach, reached by bus service or a taxi but worth the effort, as it's a stunning location overlooking St. Nicholas Island.
VILLA MICHAELMAS is a private, architect-designed, exceptionally well-equipped luxury villa in Ovacik , set in stunning scenery some 450 meters above Oludeniz (with its Blue Lagoon).There is a cooling summer breeze and beautiful views over Hisaronu and Ovacik to the surrounding mountains.The villa is close to Kayakoy, the Greek "ghost village" and setting for Louis De Bernière's "Birds without Wings".
Closer is the popular resort of Hisaronu with its weekly market; things come to life here after dark particularly, with all the restaurants, bars and clubs. The location of the villa , however, is well away from noise and traffic. The villa is 8kms from the bustling Turkish market town and harbour of Fethiye with its daily boat trips to the 12 islands and Calis beach town.The town has well-stocked modern supermarkets and a rich variety of smaller shops. The old quarter of Fethiye ( the Paspatur ) is particularly attractive and the lively Tuesday market is popular with visitors and locals.