Villa Ohantcea 4****
House | 6 bedrooms | sleeps 14
Villa Ohantcea has been awarded with the official 4-Star **** rating in July 2013 by the French Government.
Villa Ohantcea is your private vacation villa rental, 300m from the beach in Hendaye plage, Côte Basque, France, between Biarritz and San Sebastián. Villa Ohantcea merges careful design, privilege location, warm and cozy atmosphere and endless activities.Villa Ohantcea is a unique and exclusive accommodation with optimum capacity for 12 people in 6 bedrooms, up to 14.
Villa Ohantcea has a privileged situation, 30 min from San Sebastián and Biarritz, few minutes from the beach of Hendaye and few kilometres of cultural, sporting and dining attractions. The villa has a privileged natural setting with fabulous views to the mountains and Txingudi Bay and is surrounded by trees and vegetation, being an ideal place to relax, disconnect from the world and enjoy a peaceful and relaxing time.
Villa Ohantcea is entirely dedicated to a selected group of people: families, groups of friends and professionals, who like to enjoy the natural environment, the sea, gastronomy and culture and for whom a fine taste and the privacy are key values. No matter if to enjoy your holiday or a few days off, hold meetings or events with family, friends or colleagues, Ohantcea offers the perfect combination of design, comfort and natural beauty, is like having your boutique hotel in exclusivity.
Villa Ohantcea is characterized by a simple and elegant beauty, featured by the ash gray of its floors and the luminous white of the walls. The villa was renovated in 2011, resulting in a unique character, through the combination of the local architectural style on the exterior with the comfort and sophistication of its interior design, making it the perfect combination to spend a relaxing holiday at the seaside. The furniture has designer pieces bought around the world and fuses the Asian style with the strength of robust Mexican pieces and freshness and comfort of a contemporary decoration. Each room has been treated with care and offers a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere.
The property of 650 m2 has 250 m2 of living space and 400 m2 of garden. The interior and exterior of the house are perfectly integrated and fused so that both can be enjoyed throughout the year.
The exclusive private garden with relaxation, game and barbecue areas is designed to please the senses and enjoy the natural environment and tranquillity.
Villa Ohantcea is a new concept in holiday villas, where functionality and simplicity come together in total harmony with the good taste and careful design allowing life to flow in it with joy, inspiration and full of life energy and optimism.
Children of all ages will find in Villa Ohantcea an ideal and appropriate environment to their needs. We offer 2 cots, 2 extra beds, 1 baby chair, 1 bed barrier, plastic dishes for children.
Activities for children are endless in the area: bicycle, swimming, walking, swimming lessons, surfing, kayak, and sailing, children's clubs on the beach… The shallow sandy beach, with water reaching 24º C in summer, is a privileged place for families with children looking for space and security. Contacts for baby-sitting can be provided.
The spaces in Villa Ohantcea are bright and airy; the ground floor is a large open space of great versatility, where different rooms are diluted with each other, allowing common life in harmony, as well as privacy and silence moments.
The driveway fuses with a large dining space, fully equipped kitchen, living room and relaxing area. The dining are has two design tables with a total capacity of 14 people and is connected as an open space to a cosy living room. The space extends to a chill-out/studio area, where stands the Chinese "opium" bed, decorated with Thai cushions.
|Size||Sleeps up to 14, 6 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||300 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||150 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Biarritz Airport 32 km, Nearest railway: Railway Station in Hendaye 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 3 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (12), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 14, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
The Aquitaine/Dordogne region
Beach / Surf
The long sandy beach of Hendaye, 3.5 km long, is one of the safest of Aquitaine and offers excellent swimming, walking and relaxation conditions. Sheltered from the strong tides by Higuer cape and Santa Ana point, its waters are calm and allow families with children to enjoy the beach in tranquillity. At the same time, the beach of Hendaye is ideal for surfers, both beginners and experts and due to its many breakers all kind of glide sport can be practiced. There are many fans who come to Hendaye beach to initiate themselves and practice surf in one of the three schools with teachers qualified in the official school of France.
La Cote Basque is internationally known for its beaches for relaxation, excellent options for surfing and a great diversity of water sports, variety of cultural offer and excellent cuisine. The house is located between the sea and the mountains, just a few minutes walk (300 m) from the longest beach in the region, 20 minutes by car from the beaches of San Sebastian, and between 10 and 30 minutes from many wonderful beaches located in the Cote Basque, such as Saint Jean de Luz, Guéthary, Bidart, Biarritz, Anglet.
La Cote Basque has an outstanding array of golf fields and courses, which have a long tradition and excellent quality, at cheaper prices than other parts of Europe and France. Some examples are: Ilbarritz Golf, Golf Ocean, Golf d'Arcangues, Biarritz le Phare Golf, Golf Chantaco, Chiberta Golf, Golf de la Imperatrice, Golf de la Nivelle, Real Golf Club de San Sebastian, Real Club Golf Basozabal .
Hendaye, located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Pyrenees, is a paradise for lovers of nature; from the Basque corniche to the nearby mountains, there is a great variety of options.
Ride a horse
There are numerous options for horse riding, where we can choose between different scenarios such as beach, mountain, field or forest.
Indulge yourself with a session of Thalassotherapia (health and wellness seawater cures and treatments). Some options are: Serge Blanco Thalassotherapy Centre in Hendaye, The Grand Hotel in San Juan de Luz, Heliantal Thalassotherapy Center in San Juan de Luz, Biarritz Thalasso Resort.
The festivities of Bayonne (last week of July), festivals and events in Biarritz (we have a list available) and other towns of the Cote Basque such as San Juan de Luz, Biarritz, Guetary, Bidart. In Pamplona the famous “San Fermin” festivities take place during the second week of July (from 07 to 14), in San Sebastian “La Semana Grande” takes place the third week of August and the Fuenterrabia (Hondarribia) festivities from 08 September onwards.
Biarritz, St Jean de Luz and Bayonne have excellent boutiques and local speciality shops. Also, San Sebastian is well known for its fine boutiques and small shops located around the Cathedral of Buen Pastor and “The Avenida”.
Knowing the Basque Country
Hendaye is strategic place as a tourist resort and the location of Ohantcea is perfect to visit Basque Country and France. A small tour will reveal the bravery of the Atlantic ocean, its high mountains and sandy beaches, bustling cities and charming small towns, Michelin-starred restaurants and the famous tapas bars. In short, the scenery is spectacular and the food and drink excellent.
- Bilbao (Guggenheim Museum, Old Town and its tapas bars, several Michelin starred restaurants)…
- San Sebastian (“Peine del Viento” sculpture, “The Kursal”, the beaches of “La Concha” and “Zurriola”, several Michelin star restaurants, “The Old Town”, besides the city has an interesting cultural agenda with international jazz , film and musical festivals).
- Getaria and Zarautz (Balenciaga Museum, Txakoli wineries and fish restaurants).
- Hondarribia-Fuenterrabia, whose Marina (fishing village) and “pintxos” bars are 2 minutes away by boat from the marina of Hendaye, historical medieval old town with buildings of great artistic value, “La Plaza de Armas” and the Castle of Charles V, (traditional festivities the week of September 8).
- Pamplona, annually celebrates the internationally well-known “San Fermin” festivities (July 7 to 14).
- Biarritz (“Musée Asiatica” and “Musee de la Mer”, The Biarritz Surf Festival, “St. Martin's Church”, Russian Orthodox Church, “La Chapelle Imperiale”, chocolate museum, two large casinos, called Barrière and Bellevue, la Grande Plage and its excellent range of shops, cafes and restaurants).
- Bayonne (“St. Mary's Cathedral”, “Château-Neuf”, “Château-Vieux”, and fortifications and Citadel of Vauban, Basque History Museum of Bayonne, Bonnat Museum, created with collections of the realist painter Léon Bonnat, traditional celebrations last week of July).
- Saint-Jean-de-Luz (Fishing port, visit the house of Louis XIV and the house of Infanta, Museum of Basque tradition Jean Vier, The Botanic Gardens, The Church of San Juan Bautista, stroll along the cobbled streets with boutiques and specialty stores).
- Other towns along the coast and interior, such as Bidart, Guéthary or Anglet, all within 10 to 30 minutes driving distance.
The gastronomic and enological trip is another attraction of this region and highlights are:
- Zarautz and Getaria as manufacturing center of Txakoli (Bodegas Urki and Talaiberri).
- Hernani-Astigarraga as a manufacturing center of Sidra (Sidrería Barkaiztegi, Zelaia, Zapiain, Gaztañaga).
- La Rioja, paradise for wine lovers, with wineries for everyone, from family businesses such as Samaniego, Gonzalez Teso or La Marquesa, to the largest and most famous with buildings of cutting edge such as Ysios, Baigorri, Viña Real or Marques de Riscal or more Frenchies such as Torre de Oña and Remelluri.
- Michelin Stars: The region is known for having the highest concentration of Michelin-starred restaurants in the world and this attests to the importance and quality of its cuisine. A few kilometres from Ohantcea we will found many of these restaurants:
• 10 km, in Renteria, Mugaritz (**)
• 05 Km, in Hondarribia, Alameda (*)
• 15 km, in San Sebastian, Akelarre (***), Arzak (***), Martin Berasategi (***)
• 15 km, on the French side, in Guetary, Briketenia (*) and Les Freres Ibarboure
- Poteo: tradition known as "poteo" or "txikiteo" consists making a short stop at every bar, drink a little beer called "zurito" or a wine, eat a tapa and switch to the next bar. Donostia-San Sebastian offers an excellent choice of bars with a variety of “pintxos”, delicious food served in individual portions, usually on a slice of baguette, some “pintxos” are exposed on the bar and others are cooked to order.
The Basque “pelota” is based on tennis and has become a very popular sport practiced by the Basques in the frontons of villages. In the village of Guetary (15 minute drive from Hendaye) friendly matches are held regularly. In a professional level weekly games are held in various frontons in the Basque Country (San Sebastian, Bilbao, Tolosa...).
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
3 Oct 2013
"Heritage, modern comfort & great location"
My ten guests and I found the place to be offering both he character of a lovely basque villa and all modern and tasteful appointments to make it a most comfortable one week's stay.This was the p… More
Thank you so much for sharing with us your positive experience in Villa Ohantcea. There is nothing more rewarding than happy guests. It has been a pleasure to welcome you and your group in Villa Ohantcea and we will be happy to welcome you again anytime in the near future!
26 Sep 2013
"The mourning doves were just the icing on the cake"
My wife and I seldom stay in hotels any more when we travel and thus have a lot of experience with holiday rentals. We've had almost universally good experiences, but once in a while a place qui… More
Thank you very much for staying with us, it has been a pleasure to welcome you and your group in Villa Ohantcea! You were great guests, very friendly and respectful with the property. We are looking forward to welcome you very soon in Hendaye!
15 Sep 2013
Nous avons passé un très bon week-end.La maison est génial et elle est très bien placée,vraiment près des magasins et de la plage.Les enfants avaient de la place dans la maison et le jardin et n… More
Merci beaucoup! Pour nous, cela a été un plaisir. J'espère que nous pourrons bientôt vous accueillir à nouveau à Villa Ohantcea.
29 Jul 2013
Segundo año consecutivo que disfrutamos de Ohantcea en nuestras vacaciones de verano. Se encuentra ubicada en una zona muy tranquila, cerca de la playa, de comercios y restaurantes, perfecta para des… More
Muchas gracias! Para nosotros ha sido un auténtico placer, sois una familia fantástica. Os esperamos siempre que queráis.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
- 1 Years listed
86% Response rate
Calendar last updated:25 Aug 2014
Based in Spain
- 442 properties
- Saint Jean de Luz
- 232 properties
- 165 properties
- 113 properties
- 46 properties
- 38 properties
- 37 properties
- 36 properties
- 23 properties
- 20 properties
- Donostia San Sebastian
- 14 properties
- Labenne Ocean
- 13 properties
- 13 properties
- 11 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties