Cottage | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Scottish country cottage, near the hamlet of Humbie, in the sought-after area of East Lothian, with its attractive rolling country-side, 40 miles of coastline with golden sand beaches, pretty historic villages, castles, golf courses, walking, cycling, horse riding and other leisure activities.
Pogbie Lodge gives you the best of everything, a quiet rural setting with a large garden and outstanding views, yet only 20 miles from the centre of Edinburgh with its Castle, museums, galleries, world class restaurants, the Festival in August and Hogmanay celebrations at New Year. Pogbie Lodge is an ideal base for reaching a wide range of tourist attractions in, not only Edinburgh, but also East and Mid Lothians, the Borders, and Fife
Pogbie Lodge is ideal for children, with a large garden, walking nearby and no close neighbours! The nearest heated swimming pools are at Haddington, 10 miles away. The nearby quiet country roads are ideal for children cycling. Nearby attractions include the Museum of Flight, the Seabird centre, Butterfly World near Dalkeith, a cafe with soft play area in Haddington, skiiing at the Snowsports centre and horse riding at Vogrie.
Pogbie Lodge is also ideal for walkers including those with dogs. At the doorstep is a path to the top of the Lammermuir Hills with outstanding views as far north as Fife and the Lomonds. Other 'cross country" walks can also be done from the cottage. Three miles away is the pretty Humbie kirk (church) by the Humbie woods, which has excellent walks by the Humbie river. Other nearby walks are noted above.
Dating in part from the early 1800s, recently renovated, Pogbie Lodge stands within its own established large private gardens, that extend to a third of an acre with far reaching views over open countryside. It offers very bright and beautifully proportioned accommodation over a single storey, with many delightful features.
The accommodation consists of : hall, sitting room with open fire, kitchen/dining room with a long farmhouse table (could seat 12) large master bedroom with double bed, three additional bedrooms, family bathroom, and cloak room with a separate toilet. There is also a conservatory and a study - both with external entrances only. In addition there is a summer house at the end of the garden.
• Sleeps 5, 4 bedrooms, 1 large double, 3 single.
• Bathroom with shower over bath and toilet - hair driers provided
• Cloak room with separate toilet
• Fully equipped modern dining kitchen with dishwasher, electric stove and oven, microwave, kettle, toaster and large fridge.
• Sitting room with log fire, DVD and video player, and stereo - seats 5
• Barbecue and outdoor furniture, or can eat in conservatory.
• Children friendly - cot and high chair available.
• Pets welcome, note garden not dog secure
• Short breaks available.
• Sorry smoking allowed only outside cottage.
• Lots of parking in garden - note roughly 30 metre walk to house from car park
Price includes: linen, towels, dish towels, hot water, electricity, central heating. Also provide a reasonable supply of soap and detergents, toilet paper. Firewood - one night provided free - additional nights' wood optional at £4/night.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Longnidry - 14 miles 22.5 km|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh airport is 26 mi from Pogbie lodge - an 21 km, Nearest railway: Pogbie Lodge is 20 mi from Edinburgh's main t 32 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, Video player, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (3), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 7|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
The Lothians region
Pogbie Lodge nestles at the foot of the Lammermuir Hills, near the hamlet of Humbie, in the sought-after area of East Lothian, with its attractive rolling country-side, 40 miles of coastline with golden sand beaches, pretty historic villages, castles, golf courses, walking, cycling, horse riding and other leisure activities.
Pogbie Lodge gives you the best of everything, a quiet rural setting with a large garden and outstanding views, yet only 20 miles (32 km) from the centre of Edinburgh with its Castle, museums, galleries, world class restaurants, the Festival in August and Hogmanay celebrations at New Year.
Pogbie Lodge is an ideal base for reaching a wide range of tourist attractions in, not only Edinburgh, but also East and Mid Lothians, the Borders, and Fife. It is:
• 7 miles (11.3km) from the pretty conservation village of Gifford with golf courses, pubs and restaurants, and walks, including to amazing castle ruins nearby.
• 7 miles (11.3 km) from the Glenkinchie Distillery, a single malt whiskey distillery with visitors centre.
• 10 miles (16 km) from the rugged Crichton Castle, overlooking the Tyne river.
• 8 miles (13 km) from the delightful Vogrie Country Park with beautiful landscaped vistas, sweeping carriage drives, original walled gardens, the baronial-styled Vogrie House, over 105 hectares of woods and over 4 miles of beautiful woodland walks - horse riding available
• 12 miles (19km) to Dalkeith, home of Newbattle Abbey, a wonderful 19th century home with guided tours, and also Dalkeith Country Park.
• 15 miles (24km) to the award winning, National Mining Museum at Newtongrange - it will captivate the most cynical of boys – I know from personal experience!
• 20 miles (32km) from the sea side towns of North Berwick and Gullane and nearby beaches, golf courses, delightful coastal walks, and Tantallon and DIrelton castles.
• 22 miles (35.5) to Roslin and the 15th century Rosslyn chapel, a wonderfully ornate building with a fascinating history, featuring in the Da Vinci Code book and film. Adjacent is the dramatic Rosslyn castle and beautiful walks along the banks of the Esk River.
• 26 miles (41.8) from the historic town of Melrose in the Borders on the river Tweed, home to Melrose Abbey and nearby Abbostsford House, the residence of novelist and poet, Sir Walter Scott, open to the public.