other travellers have booked this property online using Holiday Lettings Payments. When you book your rental using Holiday Lettings payments you are covered by Payment Protection
Cottage | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Scottish country cottage, near the hamlet of Humbie, in the sought-after area of East Lothian, with its attractive rolling country-side, 40 miles of coastline with golden sand beaches, pretty historic villages, castles, golf courses, walking, cycling, horse riding and other leisure activities.
Pogbie Lodge gives you the best of everything, a quiet rural setting with a large garden and outstanding views, yet only 20 miles from the centre of Edinburgh with its Castle, museums, galleries, world class restaurants, the Festival in August and Hogmanay celebrations at New Year. Pogbie Lodge is an ideal base for reaching a wide range of tourist attractions in, not only Edinburgh, but also East and Mid Lothians, the Borders, and Fife.
The House of Soutra, a cafe with superb views of East Lothian, is only about three miles away, while the historic village of Gifford with shops, pubs and nearby walks is 8.5 miles away. The hamlet of Humbie is 1.5 miles from Pogbie Lodge and has a well-stocked shop.
Pogbie Lodge is ideal for children, with a large garden, walking nearby and no close neighbours! The nearest heated swimming pools are at Haddington, 10 miles away. The nearby quiet country roads are ideal for children cycling. Attractions for children in East Lothian include the Museum of Flight, the Seabird centre, Butterfly World near Dalkeith, a cafe with soft play area in Haddington, skiiing at the Snowsports centre and horse riding at Vogrie.
Pogbie Lodge is also ideal for walkers including those with dogs. At the doorstep is a path to the top of the Lammermuir Hills with outstanding views as far north as Fife and the Lomonds. Other 'cross country" walks can also be done from the cottage. Three miles away is the pretty Humbie kirk (church) by the Humbie woods, which has excellent walks by the Humbie river. Other nearby walks are noted above.
Dating in part from the early 1800s, recently renovated, Pogbie Lodge stands within its own established large private gardens, that extend to a third of an acre with far reaching views over open countryside. It offers very bright and beautifully proportioned accommodation over a single storey, with many delightful features.
The accommodation consists of : hall, sitting room with open fire, kitchen/dining room with a long farmhouse table (could seat 12) large master bedroom with king bed, three additional bedrooms, family bathroom, and cloak room with a separate toilet. There is also a conservatory and a study - both with external entrances only. In addition there is a summer house at the end of the garden.
• Sleeps 8, 4 bedrooms, 1 king, 1 double, 1 twin room and 1 single room - an additional single bed can be put up in the king room or an extra mattress put on the floor in the single room.
• Bathroom with shower over bath and toilet - hair driers provided
• Cloak room with separate toilet and clothes washing machine
• Fully equipped modern dining kitchen with dishwasher, electric stove and oven, microwave, kettle, toaster and large fridge.
• Sitting room with log fire, TV, DVD player, and stereo - seats 7.
Also the king bedroom has its own sitting area with a small sofa and arm chair.
• Barbecue and outdoor furniture, or can eat in conservatory.
• Children friendly - cot and high chair available.
• Pets welcome, note garden not dog secure
• Short breaks available.
• Sorry smoking allowed only outside cottage.
• Lots of parking in garden - note roughly 30 metre walk to house from car park
Price includes: linen, towels, dish towels, hot water, electricity, central heating. Also provide a reasonable supply of soap and detergents, toilet paper. Firewood - one night provided free - additional nights' wood optional at £15/night.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Longnidry - 14 miles 22.5 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh airport is 26 mi from Pogbie lodge 42 km, Nearest railway: Edinburgh main - 20 miles, nearest is Wallyford - 23 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (3), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 7|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
The Lothians region
Pogbie Lodge nestles at the foot of the Lammermuir Hills, near the hamlet of Humbie, in the sought-after area of East Lothian, with its attractive rolling country-side, 40 miles of coastline with golden sand beaches, pretty historic villages, castles, golf courses, walking, cycling, horse riding and other leisure activities.
Pogbie Lodge gives you the best of everything, a quiet rural setting with a large garden and outstanding views, yet only 20 miles (32 km) from the centre of Edinburgh with its Castle, museums, galleries, world class restaurants, the Festival in August and Hogmanay celebrations at New Year.
Pogbie Lodge is an ideal base for reaching a wide range of tourist attractions in, not only Edinburgh, but also East and Mid Lothians, the Borders, and Fife. It is:
• 7 miles (11.3km) from the pretty conservation village of Gifford with golf courses, pubs and restaurants, and walks, including to amazing castle ruins nearby.
• 7 miles (11.3 km) from the Glenkinchie Distillery, a single malt whiskey distillery with visitors centre.
• 10 miles (16 km) from the rugged Crichton Castle, overlooking the Tyne river.
• 8 miles (13 km) from the delightful Vogrie Country Park with beautiful landscaped vistas, sweeping carriage drives, original walled gardens, the baronial-styled Vogrie House, over 105 hectares of woods and over 4 miles of beautiful woodland walks - horse riding available
• 12 miles (19km) to Dalkeith, home of Newbattle Abbey, a wonderful 19th century home with guided tours, and also Dalkeith Country Park.
• 15 miles (24km) to the award winning, National Mining Museum at Newtongrange - it will captivate the most cynical of boys – I know from personal experience!
• 20 miles (32km) from the sea side towns of North Berwick and Gullane and nearby beaches, golf courses, delightful coastal walks, and Tantallon and DIrelton castles.
• 22 miles (35.5) to Roslin and the 15th century Rosslyn chapel, a wonderfully ornate building with a fascinating history, featuring in the Da Vinci Code book and film. Adjacent is the dramatic Rosslyn castle and beautiful walks along the banks of the Esk River.
• 26 miles (41.8) from the historic town of Melrose in the Borders on the river Tweed, home to Melrose Abbey and nearby Abbostsford House, the residence of novelist and poet, Sir Walter Scott, open to the public.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
10 Jun 2014
"Beautiful rural cottage with all the comforts of home"
My wife and I stayed in this cottage in February this year. It is a beautiful cottage with a great garden. The furnishings are of high quality and present the cottage in a great light. Highly recommen… More
So pleased you enjoyed your stay - hope you can visit again.
10 Jun 2014
"Came up the lads as always"
Our annual golf holiday took us to Pogbie lodge this year, and we couldn't have picked a better spot, the locations while remote is just what we were looking for and a great base for anyone looki… More
8 Jun 2014
"Stress free weekend."
Just returned from a weekend at Pogbie. I think a car is essential here as it's 15 minutes to Haddington which has plenty going on etc. The lodge is very restfull and has a lot of space to relax … More
2 Jun 2014
"Very comfortable cottage, well equipped kitchen and large garden."
We were Judith's second party staying in her cottage, she is learning the ropes and was a little late (about 20mins) getting it ready for us. She was very willing to ensure we had all we needed. … More
30 May 2014
The gardens and accommodations are gorgeous, and would be perfect for a family holiday.The lodge is in the middle of beautiful countryside, which brings the benefits of seclusion and peacefulness, but… More
18 May 2014
"disappointed not what expected"
My family were asked to arrive at the Pogbie Lodge at 4.30pm on Friday the 16th of May.On arrival, after a long drive and a days work we were sent away as the Lodge wasn't ready.After 2 hours my … More
You're booking with
95% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
- 730 properties
- North Berwick
- 65 properties
- 55 properties
- 34 properties
- 30 properties
- 30 properties
- 28 properties
- 26 properties
- 25 properties
- St Monans
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- 15 properties
- 15 properties
- 14 properties
- 14 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- 7 properties
- Lower Largo
- 6 properties