Log cabin | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Log cabin set in fields and woods, fully equipped for your self catering needs (including complimentary tea and coffee), with all towels and linen provided, and if you stay two weeks or more a linen change each week. Large solar heated swimming pool. This is one of four log cabins in the park.
La Coterie Lodges is situated at the edge of a quiet hamlet, but just 20 minutes from Gueret, the capital of La Creuse, or 30 minutes from Aubusson, Limousins centre for tapestry. Our setting is in the countryside, but we are only 4km from the N145, the main east/west route through France, enabling easy access to your daily destinations, and total peace and quiet, if you prefer to spend the day by the pool.
Our lodges are ideally located for exploring market villages, chateaux, and the lakes, which also have beaches and water sports in the summer months, or visit the mysterious Rocks of Jaumatres which has been a great hit wth previous guests, particularly the tree walking activity in the park which adults and kids alike have enjoyed. Other great hits have been the Giant Maze in Gueret which also has plenty of activities, and Vulcania situated in the Volcanoes of the Puy Dome, which although comparitively a long drive, has been well worth a days visit.
Spend the day strolling around the country lanes or visiting one of the local towns, then return for a late afternoon swim in our large pool (which also has a sliding enclosure which means you can swim even in rain) Relax with sundowners on your private terrace and an evening meal listening to the owls and watching the moon rise over your lodge, or try one of the fantastic restaurants in the area.
The area is also excellent for fishing with 2 public fishing lakes within 8km. Licences can be easily bought at the local bar/tabac and we hold maps showing all the fishing areas.
Cycling is also an excellent activity in the area with quiet lanes and well maintained farm tracks.
There are horse riding centres locally if you like to ride.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Chenerailles Lake 12 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||6 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bellegarde, Limoges, Nearest railway: La Souterraine|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Staffed property|
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
- Each lodge contains two bedrooms, one with a double bed, and the other contains two bunkbeds enabling four to sleep comfortably.
- Satelite TV is available for all free to air English channels.
- A washing machine and tumble dryer and iron are available in a separate laundry room, free of charge.
- A children's travel cot is available on request as well as plastic cutlery and cup sets
- A hairdryer can be provided on request.
- Look at our park layout in the photo gallery or on our website - if you wish to book a specific lodge we are happy to do this subject to availability.
|Further details outdoors|
- The 35m2 solar heated swimming pool has an all weather enclosure to enable swimming whatever the weather and is shared between the four lodges. The enclosure will be pushed back in good weather and the large terrace area around the pool enables lounging on the sunbeds and relaxing. Additionally a paddling pool can be provided for young children.
- The lodges are set in gardens, fields and woodland and we are happy for children to play in the woods using logs to create their own tepee villages.
- Indoor and outdoor games are available as well as a good selection of DVD's and books.
- Each lodge has its own private terrace with furniture for sitting and enjoying the sun.
- Each lodge has its own parking space.
- Welcome pack is provided on arrival containing information on the lodge, and places to shop, eat and visit.
- Additionally a number of tourist brochures are available from our on site information centre.
- Visit our website for more detailed information and
to see the booking calendar for each individual lodge.
The Limousin/Auvergne region
The Limousin region boasts beautiful countryside, and woodland, and river walks through gorges on the Cruese river and around the 3 lakes of the the Creuse.
Lac Vassiviere, the largest lake in France covering 1000 hectares, 300km of walks and 45km of shoreline is approximately 1 hours drive to the north of the lake.
The chateaux of Boussac and Villemonteix are within 20 minutes drive.
The tapestry town of Aubusson is within 30 minutes and Limoges, famous for its enamelware is 1 hour's drive.
We have an interactive map on our web site which will enable you to find us and locate the many activities, sightseeing, restaurants and shopping there is in the area before you arrive.
Additionally, we provide a welcome pack on arrival which contains suggested days out and places to visit, plus we keep a number of brochures on site.
Gueret is the capital of the Creuse department and boasts a large town square and a pedestrianised shopping area. Markets are held in the town square every Thursday and Saturday morning and are well worth a visit.
Lac Courtille in Gueret provides pleasure activities in summer including boating and pedalos, and has a beach and children's play area.
The wolf park and maze in Gueret also provide a great day out for the kids.
La Coterie has 3 lakes nearby in Chatelus Malvaleix, Jarnages, and Chenerailles, all containing children's play parks, beaches, and some contain cordoned off swimming areas for children and adults alike.
The Rocks of Jaumatres are a fascinating and mysterious walk through large granite rocks sculptured by the ice age. Also this park includes a tree walking activity and miniature golf, and a cafe. This outing has proved extremely popular with our previous guests, some going back twice in one week.