45, Rue d'Ile Longue
from £136 /night help
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Availability Your dates are available
House | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 8
• Our house is ideal for families, offering safe and varied activities for young children, teenagers and parents alike. Alternatively friends could share the house for an activity, golf, beach or simple relaxation holiday. Our prime location is secluded and quiet for self-catering and al-fresco dining, and only a few minutes’ walk away is a varied assortment of good restaurants, ice-cream parlours and crêperies. In our opinion nothing beats a glass of chilled local rosé, sitting on our terrace watching the boats meander through the waterways, with the backdrop of the village church.
• The beach is a 5-minute walk, with numerous watersports and activities available. Sailing in the clear blue bay of St Tropez is particularly popular, and boats can be hired nearby.
• Designer-label shopping and clubbing in St Tropez is a short drive or ferry ride away, or if you prefer the local market and small shops in Port Grimaud they are a 2-minute walk across the bridge.
• Walking or cycling in the neighbouring hills is both visually picturesque and rewarding, as they are dotted with ancient villages and excellent local restaurants.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Port Grimaud 500 m|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||300 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Toulon Hyeres 48 km, Nearest railway: St Raphael 30 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (2), Single beds (2), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Bicycles available|
|Further details indoors|
Our family home is spacious and charming, laid out on three floors. (2 bathrooms not 3 - website error above)
• The ground floor:
• Open-plan, fully-fitted kitchen
• Kitchen leads to a comfy lounge
• lounge opens out to the terrace and canal beyond.
• First floor double room with balcony overlooking the waterway and the church
• Bathroom with bath, integral shower, WC and basin
• Second room with two large twin beds.
• Child gate on the second bedroom.
• Third floor open-plan bedroom with double bed, sofa bed, and two balconies (overlooking the canals at the back, and front garden with distant mountains in the front).
• This room has an en-suite shower and basin, with separate WC.
• All bedrooms have fans and plenty of wardrobe space
|Further details outdoors|
Front of the house:
• Small, secluded garden with paved area and outdoor furniture
• Private road with stone bridge and security gate
• Attractive bridged walkway to the main market square
Back of the house:
• Large private terrace with comfortable garden furniture and dining facilities.
• Terracotta-tiled terrace offers attractive views of the Port Grimaud canals, and across to the village church which is lit at night.
• It is possible to drive to the front of the house for pick-up and drop-off
• Parking is located at the entrance of Port Grimaud village (5 min walk)
• Residential parking permits are provided
• All prices are per week and run from Saturday to Saturday
• Arrival time is after 16.00 hours and departure is before 10.00am.
• The weekly charge includes all utilities.
• The weekly charge includes full house cleaning on departure by professional cleaner.
• Linen and towels may be hired for an additional fee of £25 per bed per week, paid with the balance payment.
• Our housekeeper speaks English and French and lives locally. She will supply the bed linen and towels. If you require any further assistance during your holiday she is there to help.
About this location
The French Riviera - Cote d'Azur region
Back in the 1960s François Spoerry built Port Grimaud, a village on a network of islands interconnected by pretty bridges. The canals open into the Bay of St Tropez, so it is often easier to get around by boat than by car. From a quiet seaside town Port Grimaud has grown into the attractive Venice of the Riviera which appeals to a variety of different visitors. Only 20 minutes away from St Tropez, the darling of the rich and famous and “Playground of Europe”, Port Grimaud offers you a chance to rub shoulders with celebrities, have a relaxing beach holiday away from the crowds, or walk/cycle in the inviting mountainsides in search of some exercise and/or some culture.
You can explore tiny villages in the mountains, typically Provençal with terracotta rooftops and an abundance of local wines. Fine restaurants are many and varied, and the town of Grimaud has an interesting castle with wonderful views of the bay.
From June to September the temperature is usually mid 20s to low 30s, often with a cooling breeze. Water temperatures vary, but usually offer a relaxing respite from the sun. Sunny days with clear blue skies are the norm, and rainfall is very rare in summer.
There are two excellent golf courses within 15 minutes’ drive of Port Grimaud, and for fun a crazy golf course and a go-karting track.
The waterpark Aqualand is a 30-minute drive, and the fairground is 10 minutes away, offering rides and a Big Wheel. Horse-riding, scuba diving, motor-bike hire, jet-ski hire, hobie-cats, canoes, windsurfers, motor boats and yachts are available.
In July and August Port Grimaud comes alive with concerts, located at the resort area at the far end of the beach. These can be classical, jazz, pop or other types of music, and are free. 14th July (Bastille Day) and 14th August (Liberation Day) are celebrated with fireworks and festivities.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
16 Feb 2015
"Great House... great location"
We had a wonderful two weeks in Port Grimaud. The house is delightful and extremely well appointed, just a short walk into the centre of Port Grimaud, ideal for the markets and restaurants. What I … More
24 Sep 2014
This is, without doubt, the best holiday we have ever had. This is our second year of visiting, and there is something for everyone. we travelled with our children 10, 17 and 19 and our parents, and a… More
28 Jul 2014
We were very lucky to spend a wonderful week in this lovely house with everything you could wish for in a great location. Look forward to coming back again next year.… More
5 Jul 2014
"Heaven- a place of relaxtion and beautiful views."
The location was perfect and the house very well prepared and equipped, all instructions 100%. Remember the mosquito blinds on the doors & windows ( we found them on the last night) otherwise a beauti… More
28 Nov 2013
"Fabulous location, comfortable & spacious property with homely atmosphere"
Fantastic venue for celebrating my significant birthday with family and friends. Very comfortable and well kept accommodation. The patio facing the water at the back of the property was great for al… More
25 Nov 2013
Myself and my family had a wonderful 2 weeks staying in this Villa in September. The villa is brilliantly located in the Port and is light and clean throughout. It has everything you could possibly ne… More
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
60% Response rate
Calendar last updated:18 Feb 2015
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site