House | 8 bedrooms | sleeps 18
The idyllic 18th century Provencal private Bastide is set amongst the famed perfumeries of Grasse, but still just a few kilometres from the beaches and high life of Cannes, Antibes and the Cote D'Azur.
Make it your own private residence for holiday, wedding or event surrounded by the olive groves, fruit trees, fountains and lavender scents of the Riviera of Cole Porter and Scott Fitzgerald.
The Bastide has been newly converted into one of the finest houses in the region and retains its old Provence feel with meter thick walls insulation giving summer cool and winter warmth, together with huge open stone fireplaces in all main rooms and bedrooms. The bastide has all the facilities and luxuries of a small private hotel, which is what is is for several months of the year.
|Size||Sleeps up to 18, 8 bedrooms|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Internet access|
|General||Air conditioning, Table tennis, Games room, Wi-Fi available|
|Rooms||8 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms of which 7 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (8)|
|Further details indoors|
The house has been wonderfully decorated with Provencal, Asian and Italian influences by the designer owner. Six huge suites, all with ensuite marble bathrooms (bath plus shower); two small bedrooms (also en suite bathrooms); a magnificent grand salon, gorgeous comfortable sitting room, televison, games, kids room and highest quality kitchen.
|Further details outdoors|
Outside the Bastide is surrounded by its wide Sinai stone terracing leading to the pine beamed cuisine d'ete used for almost all the summer dining and many night long parties. Beyond that are the olive groves, lavender enveloped 15x7 meter swimming pool with pergola, boules piste, badminton, table tennis, flower gardens and orchards, often used for wedding ceremonies.
- Indoor Reception Capacity: 60
- Outdoor Reception Capacity: 200
- Ceremony: in the gardens or in many local chrches.
- Catering: We have several appointed traiteurs/caterers; costs for a wedding feast usually start arond €85 per head including all hire and equipment.
- Other Services: Wedding planner on hand to advise and provide full planning service if required.
- Daily Housekeeping (cleaning, linen etc).
- In-house laundry service.
- Live in private butler/concierge to look after the needs of guests, making arrangements for them and serving their every requirement. Guest comment "He doubled the pleasure of our week".
- Massage, hair dressing, manicure, pedicure and waxing from one of the finest practitioners on the French Riviera.
- We can organise golf, tennis, car rental or chauffeur services as well as restaurant reservations, shopping for provisions, and the placement of a private chef and catering personnel.
In the 'Golden Triangle' between Grasse, Valbonne and Mougins; 30 mins Nice Airport; 20 mins Cannes, Antibes; close to the villages Perchés of the Cote d'Azur, St Paul, Vence, Cabris.
There are six golf courses within minutes, tennis 5 minutes, hill walking, river walking and beaches all moments away.