Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Lavender cottage is situated in a quiet location but close to all the amenities in the village of Flookburgh. This detached cottage is warm, comfortable and well equiped with all that you will need for your stay. The garden has a decking area and BBQ where you can relax in the evening.
The cottage is only 5 minutes drive from the Edwardian coastal town of Grange over Sands and the village of Cartmel, famous for sticky toffee pudding and horse racing. Flookburgh is a great location for access to attractions across the Lake District such as Lake Windermere, Bowness, Coniston and Ambleside. Overall a great location for a quiet break or a family holiday.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Manchester, Nearest railway: Cark and Cartmel Station 1 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
- Main bedroom - king sized bed and en suite bathroom with luxury shower
- Second bedroom - 2 single beds with space for a cot, available on request
- Family bathroom with shower over bath
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen, dining and living area with exposed beams, dining table with seating for 4
- 40" LCD TV, free Wi-fi available, Freeview recorder, iPod docking station and Playstation 2 with selection of games
- Separate lounge with additional LCD TV and DVD player
- Baby and Toddler friendly - cot, stair gate, high chair and baby bath, available on request
- Selection of toys, games, puzzles, books and DVDs.
-storage available for bicycles
|Further details outdoors|
Quiet location, not on a main road
Garden with decking area, BBQ, table and chairs.
On street parking located close to the property, with no restrictions
The Cumbria/Lake District
Lavender Cottage is ideally located for access to the:-
- Lake District National Park with stunning mountain and lakeland scenery
- Yorkshire Dales limestone scenery and caves
- Morecambe Bay with a range of coastal attractions
Lavender Cottage is located in the village of Flookburgh which has key amenities close by including Pubs, Village Shop, Chemist, Post Office, Fish and Chip shop and Sandwich Shop.
A wide range of attractions are close by including:-
- Duckys Farm - Family attraction close to the village with Children's farm and indoor and outdoor play areas
- Cartmel - Famous for the race course, Cartmel Priory and L'enclume highly rated Michelin star restuarant
- Grange Over Sands - Victorian seaside resort great for walks along the promenade, with play areas and duck pond for children
- Holker Hall and Gardens (Holker Garden Festival 30th May-1st June 2014)
- Haverthwaite/Lakeside Steam Railway
- Windermere Steamers - Sailing to Bowness and Ambleside
- World of Beatrix Potter attraction - Bowness
- Brockhole - Lake District Visitor Centre - Childrens play area, lake side walks and watersports
- Hill Top (National Trust) Beatrix Potter home, Near Sawrey, Hawkshead
- Lakeland Aquarium, Newby Bridge
- Lakeland Motor Museum, Backbarrow
- Levens Hall & Topiary Garden - Near Kendal
- Fell Foot Park (National Trust ) - Children's play area, parkland, teashop and boat hire. One of National Trust Top 10 sites for a Picnic
- Sizergh Castle & Gardens (National Trust) - Sizergh near Kendal
- Grizedale Forest Visitor Centre - Children's play area, Forest trails, mountain biking and Go Ape
- Leigton Moss RSPB Nature Reserve, Silverdale as seen on BBC Autumnwatch
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park
- Grange over Sands Golf Course
- Flookburgh annual steam festival (Sat 26th/Sun27th July 2014)
- Cross Bay Walks from Arnside to Grange-over-Sands
- Virgin Balloon Flights - Newby Bridge launch site
- Skydiving also available close by at Skydive North West
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
30 Sep 2014
"lovely cottage for a quiet stay in the Lake District"
Lavender Cottage is well equipped and comfortable, it was ideal for our 9 night stay. We were marginally surprised to find the cottage was not that close to Grange over Sands and that Cark-in-Cartmel … More
9 Sep 2014
"A wonderful place to base a Lake District Vacation."
Lavender Cottage is a very comfortable place to stay while visiting the Lake District.You are both near the beautiful Sands and the southern and central Lakes.A car is necessary.Flookburgh has a Great… More
16 Aug 2014
"Wonderful, family friendly, cosy cottage."
Every detail in this cottage was perfect. Extremely thoughtfully equipped, immaculately clean home from home. Surprisingly spacious. It was so nice to have 2 lounges and the well cared for garden, BBQ… More
29 Jul 2014
"Lovely laid cottage superb base for exploring the lakes"
Could not find fault with cottageApart from parkingEverything else was perfectWine and cookies were a nice… More
29 May 2014
"Lovely, well appointed cottage"
Layout of the cottage is great. Get the best of the light in the upstairs rooms, where the v modern kitchen (equipped as at home) and 2 lounges are located. 2 tvs, 2 bath/shower rooms, and furnishing… More
17 May 2014
"The cottage was very cute and extremely comfortable"
I enjoyed my stay in this pretty little cottage. The owner had thought of everything that you might need. I love the area and the scenery it's great. The cottage was near Grange over Sands where … More
28 Mar 2014
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Lavender Cottage and loved the quirkiness of the layout.It was very well and thoughtfully equipped having everything you could need and more.Even though we don'… More
30 Sep 2013
"Worked well for us"
My husband, elderly Mother and I stayed in Lavender Cottage for a week in September and it worked very well for us. We booked it for the area, one we did not know, and for the 2 bathrooms. The cotta… More
24 Aug 2013
"Everything you need and more!"
What a lovely cottage! Very charming and modern interior...super clean and tidy with lots of little extras that you might need..Wifi, toys, books and DVDs for the little ones, wine and biscuits on arrival! Very close to Ducky's farm which is a great day out...and still close enough to Windermere to make the most of each day. Would recommend this for anyone with high expectations...and hope to stay there again soon! Perfect for our little family!
2 Jul 2013
"More than a home-away-from-home"
One of the best holiday homes we've been to. Everything clean, fresh and modern. Loved the open plan cooking/living area. Found the second lounge useful. Really grateful of the welcome pack. Everything you could need was there. Flookburgh a good base for the southern area of the Lake District.
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:15 Oct 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- 322 properties
- 195 properties
- 145 properties
- 138 properties
- 98 properties
- 74 properties
- 51 properties
- 37 properties
- 35 properties
- Duddon Valley
- 25 properties
- 16 properties
- 15 properties
- 14 properties
- 13 properties
- 13 properties
- Kirkby in Furness
- 10 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- Penny Bridge
- 6 properties
- 6 properties