Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Villa Les Flamboyants, dedicated to the happy few, is located in Cap Malheureux near Grand Bay, the heart of tourism in Northern Mauritius. The villa is situated in a nice and colourful tropical garden fenced all around and well looked after in which a first class 32 sq.mt. swimming pool completes the accommodation comfort. The beach in front, 50 metres away, is easily accessible through a private footpath and invites you for distant walks on white and fine sand. An immense lagoon inside the coral reefs and in which swimming and snorkeling in its clear water is wonderful and safe all year round adds to the pleasure of feeling the freedom of the seas in a space reserved to only a limited number of holiday makers. There is a bus station at 2 minutes walk from the villa and it takes 10 minutes to reach Grand Bay with its boutiques, shopping malls, restaurants, banks, casinos, night clubs, and water-sport facilities.
At Villa Les Flamboyants security of its guests and tidiness are the hosts' main concern. The yard is entirely fenced. There are anti-theft rails at all windows and folding security grills at all vulnerable doors. A tele-alarm system monitored by BRINKS applicable to the whole villa allows guests to enjoy peace of mind when going out and while sleeping. Panic (emergency) buttons are placed within hand reach in bed rooms and in the lobby. Two safes and two fire extinguishers form part of the equipment. Guests and items on site are systematically covered by all-risks insurance under certain conditions.
A dedicated and meticulous house keeper and maid of all work, Marie Lourdes, sees to the comfort of the guests and to the cleaning of the home. One assistant is appointed if the number of guests is more than 4. They both work from Monday to Saturday from 9.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M. except public holidays.
An ongoing pest control service and also maintenance and cleaning of the swimming pool are assured through subcontracting.
Discover the many tourist attractions of the North of Mauritius.
- At Grand Bay water sport facilities such as, windsurfing, water-skiing, parasailing, under-water walking are easily available all year round.
- There are numerous diving centres close to the villa.
- Sailing boats will take you on day cruises along the crystal clear and calm lagoon of the north coast for snorkeling off Coin de Mire (Gunner's Coin) which rises sharply above the water just in front of the villa and to Flat Island and Gabriel Island for swimming and for lunch.
- Big game fishing boats with professional skippers are waiting for you at Sunset Boulevard, Grand Bay or at Trou aux Biches for the thrill of striking a marlin.
- The Château de Labourdonnais , a historical colonial home, 15 minutes off by car, invites you to a journey in the way of living in Mauritius one and a half centuries ago in pure Victorian and Second Empire style combining elegance and harmony. The Orchards of Labourdonnais and the garden which form part of the property of the Château invite you to a guided tour of their marvellous tropical fruit plantation and endemic and exotic plants around. Not to be missed!
- The Pamplemousses Garden, world-renowned mainly for its Victoria regia water liliesand many species of exotic plants the adjoining Sugar Museum are 20 minutes away by car.
- Port Louis, the capital city of Mauritius with its Caudan water-front shopping mall and its typical market is easily reachable by bus and 30 minutes away by car. The main sites of interest lead to an itinerary of historical and cultural places, whereby culture is evident in a potpourri of various origins, colourful festivals and traditions.
- Feel the exciting atmosphere prevailing at Champs de Mars in Port Louis, the oldest popular racecourse of this part of the world, on a full Saturday or Sunday afternoon of horse racing in the running season.
- Playing tennis is possible at “Tennis Nord”, Labourdonnais, 15 minutes away by car, where 7 courts are available during the day and in the evening upon reservation.
- Around 2.00 P.M., when fishing boats return to shore, fresh fish can usually be purchased at their landing station which is at 10 minutes walking distance on the beach passing through one of the most pictured spots in the North of the island with its well known red-coloured roof Roman Catholic Church
- At nightfall, have a sundowner on the beach in front of the villa and enjoy a sunset on the sea , one of the highlights of Cap Malheureux.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: SSR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, Plaisance 55 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Telephone, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 4 En suites, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
The Mauritius North Coast/Grand Baie region
Cap Malheureux is a small fishing village located on the furthest north tip of Mauritius. With its distinctive red-roofed church which is featured in countless postcards, it offers a magnificient view on an archipelago of islets off the north coast.
Grand Baie Bay
A shopping and leisure paradise, Grand Bay is the most popular beach and considered as the main tourist town, especially if one is looking for a night out as it abounds with restaurants, bars, discotheques and trendy night clubs. Grand Bay is one of the best areas for yachting, widsurfing and water skiing.