Honeysuckle Farm Cottages
£180 / night
About the home
Get away from it all in the fascinating town of Glastonbury. Situated on the ‘light side’ of Glastonbury Tor, Honeysuckle Farm Cottage forms a wonderful sun-trap, perfectly balancing the peace and tranquillity of a rural get away, with the vibrancy of Glastonbury’s unique town centre.
Our ethos is to provide a really enjoyable, environmentally responsible and practical self-catering holiday destination. Once here, you won’t need your vehicle – there’s so much to see and do all within walking or cycling distance – we even provide the bicycles! Steeped in history, with excellent facilities, friendly people, beautiful surroundings and some amazing local attractions you’re sure to have a fantastically inspiring time.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Burnham on sea, 34km|
|Will consider:||Short breaks|
Nearest amenities: 4km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, DVD player|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (3), Dining seating for 8, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared garden, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Secure parking|
Further details indoors:
We’ve converted Honeysuckle Farm Cottages with the environment in mind. Using a practical mix of natural or reclaimed materials, existing foundations, and the latest technologies you’ll find your comfort is fuelled, in a sustainable fashion, by nature. Here are some of the features you’ll experience during your visit:
• Existing concrete footings from previous out buildings on the site were crushed and then reused to form the new foundations – reducing the energy need of manufacturing, delivering and pouring new concrete
• Buildings are all timber framed and therefore carbon neutral – if the trees making up the frames were not harvested then their carbon content would be released into the atmosphere as they decay! The oak used was sourced from FSC compliant sources http://www.fsc-uk.org
• Under floor heating runs at 30 degrees centigrade
• The heat source is a wood pellet burning boiler. The pellets are made from a natural by-product from timber mills in Cornwall – sawdust which is then compressed (the boiler with wood pellet feeder system is displayed in the photo to left of this text)
• Water is supplied from a natural underground water supply collected in the foothills of Glastonbury Tor. A bore hole was sunk 42 meters down into the Somerset levels and the water is filtered using Ultra Violet techniques and has been tested for its purity. It does not have or require additional Flourides. It supplies both the hot and cold water supplies
• There is a 10,000 litre rainwater harvester which provides water for the toilets and the gardens and flower beds. The harvester is topped up from the bore hole supply so there is never any shortage
• Sewage is treated in an anaerobic bio-digester. It uses an air blown technique to speed up the bacterial process producing water that is 98% pure before discharge
• Solar panels mounted on the cottage roofs use high efficiency evacuated tubes to produce hot water. Each cottage’s supply is stored in highly insulated tanks
• All lighting uses low energy type light bulbs. The farm has a 3 phase power supply and the electricity needed comes from a Green Tariff supplier
• All electrical appliances are ‘A’ rated so are energy efficient
All double beds can be split to provide 6 singles and two bunk beds .All linen and towels provided. Please click the link to our main site at the bottom of this page.
The West Country / Somerset region
Once you’re here, there are lots of fascinating places to visit - most are within easy walking or cycling distance (we provide the bikes for free).
With a wealth of local knowledge we can point you to many places of interest that you might otherwise miss. Whether it's a tourist attraction, a cafe and restaurant, a homely pub or even the local butcher or greengrocer, we supply all the information you'll need to make the most of your stay, with the minimum of effort.
The Glastonbury area
Here's a thought, why not arrive to a fridge filled with your favourite goodies. Using Tesco's home delivery service you can organise for your shopping to be delivered to us prior to your stay. We'll happily take delivery of your order and have the cupboards full, ready for your arrival.
Access Tesco's delivery service. You'll need our delivery code for this to ensure your shopping comes directly to us, just contact us if you would like this.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Contact the advertiser for further details on the best way to reach this property.
Activities near Glastonbury
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
21 Aug 2012
I had stayed here with a group of friends in 2010 and at the behest of one of my friends, we returned as we loved staying in Cottage 3 for a group holiday. Gabrielle and Dan were so helpful and... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 8|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|28 Jan 12||2 Jun 15||£ 1260||£ 180||£ 180||1 Night|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
.All linen ,towels and heating inc. Min stay 2 nights.
Payment by card/paypal by clicking through to our main site , cash , cheque and bacs also accepted .
SORRY NO PETS, even well behaved ones.
. PLEASE SEE OUR WEBSITE ON THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
1 year listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2012. This cottage has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in England (22,256)