Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
This lovely and airy Gozitan villa has been lovingly refurbished and is perfect for families and friends wanting a truly rural hideaway. Conveniently built on one level the villa is furnished to an excellent standard with many original stone features, wooden beams, stone arches and homely personal touches. The interior includes an open plan lounge, dining room and a charming kitchen.
This is a new villa built in the traditional way. It is located in the quiet village of Ghasri.
Large patio doors lead out from the lounge onto a terrace that commands a fantastic view of the countryside as well as distant sea views and views of Tal- Gordan light house. Outside you'll find a lovely pool edged with sun terrace & a barbecue.
On the ground floor there is an entrance hall, two bedrooms and two bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen for self-catering, and a dining/living area. A private pool with sun beds and garden furniture is available to the residents. A typical stone staircase leads to the first floor where there are two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a large terrace.
This villa is only one minute drive away from a mini-market and five minute drive away from the capital of Gozo, Victoria.
Private, peaceful place, the villa sits in a quiet country road leading to the Ghasri lighthouse and is three kilometres from the nearest shops and restaurants in Rabat.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Ramla, Marsalforn|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Luqa Malta|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||TV, CD player|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms of which 4 Family bathrooms, 2 En suites and 2 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (8), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
The Island of Gozo region
Gozo, which in Maltese is called Ghawdex (pronounced: Awdesh),. It has an area of 67 square kms, is 14 kms long and 7 kms wide. With a coastline of 43 km, it is the second largest island of the Maltese Archipelago that, together with the smaller isle of Comino and the main island of Malta form the Republic of Malta.
To Get to Gozo, it involves a 25 minute ferry crossing. It therefore enjoys warm summers and mild winters and this makes it the ideal holiday destination at any time of the year.
Gozo earned its popular nickname the Island of the Three Hills probably derived from the hilly view when observed from mainland Malta. Throughout the years Gozo has been vastly influenced by the cultures and history of a series of dominators including the Phoenicians, Romans, Arabs, Normans, Spanish, the Knights of St. John, the French and the British, who all left their mark on the cultural and the folkloristic heritage of the population.
In comparison with mainland Malta, one finds a more varied geology and larger relief contrasts, with typical flat-topped hills.The island of Gozo is not overpopulated, and therefore greener and quite more peaceful.
The main sources of income are from Tourism, Agriculture, Fishing together with a number of small and medium-sized enterprises.
Ghasri is the smallest village of Gozo. The village lies cuddled between the hills of Zebbug and Ghammar. The name has obvious Arab origins, possibly being an area where olives were crushed for oil. Ghasri is reached by forking right on the Victoria-Gharb road just after the Aqueduct.
A lighthouse on Gurdan hill, better known as the Gurdan Lighthouse dominates Ghasri. The famous lighthouse rises 180 metres above sea level and was inaugurated in 1853. Its beam can be seen up to 50 kilometres away. Upon the hill around the lighthouse there are some marvellous 360 degree views of Gozo and this lures quite a lot of hikers, who challenge the rather steep path up to the hilltop.
From the Village Square, a road leads to the fabulous valley of Wied il-Ghasri. On the way, there are a number of typical farmhouses, most of them available for short or long lets, as well as an old charming chapel dedicated to the Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Wied il-Ghasri area is a marvellous country walk or cycling site especially in Winter and Spring. The valley ends in the sea, wedged between high cliffs where a secluded little inlet makes it ideal for swimming, snorkelling and diving. Indeed, the sea around Wied il-Ghasri is very popular among divers.
The village church, designed by a local priest, Dun Guzepp Diacono, was build early in the twentieth century. Its foundation stone was laid on 6 September 1903 and it was dedicated to the Corpus Christi on 9 January 1916 and later on to Christ the Saviour. The village was established a parish by Bishop Giovanni Maria Camilleri on 16 December 1921.